Singapore Expats

Did you renew your Starhub bundle plan?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Did you renew your Starhub bundle plan?

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 28 Feb 2023 8:36 pm

forslundorear wrote:
Tue, 28 Feb 2023 8:28 pm
Is star hub any good? I have a generally bad impression of them.
Okay this scammer isn't even trying. =D>

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Tue, 28 Feb 2023 9:36 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 28 Feb 2023 8:35 pm
therat wrote:
Tue, 28 Feb 2023 7:56 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
100GB?! Which telco?
Giga

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Wow, that's really one of the best deals I've seen in a while. Any contract?
no contract.
$20 /mth

Now they having promotion until end of Feb which is today
$15.14/mth 50GB, 300 min and 300 SMS

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 28 Feb 2023 9:55 pm

therat wrote:
Tue, 28 Feb 2023 9:36 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 28 Feb 2023 8:35 pm
therat wrote:
Tue, 28 Feb 2023 7:56 pm
Giga

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Wow, that's really one of the best deals I've seen in a while. Any contract?
no contract.
$20 /mth

Now they having promotion until end of Feb which is today
$15.14/mth 50GB, 300 min and 300 SMS
Wow that's such a steal! If I end up staying in SG come May I'll have to keep this in mind.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Wed, 01 Mar 2023 12:07 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 27 Feb 2023 8:40 pm
malcontent wrote:
Mon, 27 Feb 2023 12:05 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 27 Feb 2023 11:10 am

Wow, so you don't text/email while you're in transit? The last time I used wireless@sg was 5 years ago at a McDonald's, the connection was terrible. Maybe it's improved since then.
I remember back then, wireless@sg got really bad at one point (I was using it daily). It seemed like they were purposely trying to frustrate people to trigger holdouts to opt for a data plan, because it was working well prior. It took a while, but eventually they gave up on converting holdouts.

Nowadays coverage is even better, and it couldn’t be more convenient to connect, once you download the app and install the config, you then connect to wireless@SGX and it’s as easy as connecting to your home wifi - one tap.

My way is not for everyone, but keep in mind, this something that I evolved into, over many years - it just works for me. My $12 plan also comes with 700 mins of calling, 500 texts, free roaming & caller ID… all of which I find valuable, and it can’t be found at that price today (at least not from SingTel).
My plan is $25 a month, for 30gb data, 1000 mins and 500 texts. If you work it out, mine is more value for money. Though if you don't use the data it's wasted money. I don't know what free roaming is though, don't you still get charged for data usage overseas?
Roaming means I can receive texts (for free) and receive calls (at a cost) while overseas. Not data roaming - that is a different animal.

The other thing my plan comes with is free caller ID is free voice mail. Many plans charge extra for that. It’s just the data that is really scarce, but it’s fine — I’m halfway through the service month and only used 10mb of data so far. Plenty left!
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Wed, 01 Mar 2023 11:46 am

After looking at all of the deals out there right now, I have to admit that I could get more for my money. The only reason I stick to what I’ve got… besides being cheap and suiting my needs:

1. It is easy (I don’t have to lift a finger)
2. It is stable (SingTel isn’t going away)
3. It is time tested (over 15 years on this plan)

I also plan to keep it going when we move back to the US and auto pay with UOB SingTel Visa, so at least I’ll have one card that won’t go dormant or have an annual fee while I’m away.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr