Singapore Expats

Relocating OUT of Singapore - Help

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
snoopy2023

Relocating OUT of Singapore - Help

Post by snoopy2023 » Fri, 20 Jan 2023 11:46 pm

Hi everyone
I'm relocating to USA and would appreciate help with questions, and any tips/advice with Relocation companies etc
1) Sanelo (Santa Fe), Crown, Allied, Asian Tigers, APAC...APAC had the lowest quote, have some wonderful Google reviews and they're willing to pack your Marmite, Maggi Mee ...unlike the big players (Allied, Crown, Sanelo/Santa Fe - not willing to ship ANY food, not even dry items). Any experiences anyone can share with me?

2) Will skincare products (SKII, Shiseido - limited range in USA) survive the 4 weeks shipping transit in the ocean under the sun?

3) Is it safe to ship brush cleaner liquid that contain isopropyl alcohol?

Thank you

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Relocating OUT of Singapore - Help

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 21 Jan 2023 1:07 am

snoopy2023 wrote:
Fri, 20 Jan 2023 11:46 pm
Hi everyone
I'm relocating to USA and would appreciate help with questions, and any tips/advice with Relocation companies etc
1) Sanelo (Santa Fe), Crown, Allied, Asian Tigers, APAC...APAC had the lowest quote, have some wonderful Google reviews and they're willing to pack your Marmite, Maggi Mee ...unlike the big players (Allied, Crown, Sanelo/Santa Fe - not willing to ship ANY food, not even dry items). Any experiences anyone can share with me?

2) Will skincare products (SKII, Shiseido - limited range in USA) survive the 4 weeks shipping transit in the ocean under the sun?

3) Is it safe to ship brush cleaner liquid that contain isopropyl alcohol?

Thank you
My friend used Santa Fe recently, moved without a hitch. Not sure how much it cost though, I understand that pricing varies depending on home size and exact details of the move.

As for the cleaning liquid, my suggestion is to leave it here and buy some once you get to the states, unless it's not available there, which is unlikely.

snoopy2023

Post by snoopy2023 » Wed, 25 Jan 2023 11:44 am

Thank you! I realized I have to log in here to check for replies/posts. Singaporexpats doesn't send a notification to our registered email when a comment/post/reply comes in for a thread we said something.

Is your friend's move a corporate one? Reason is bcoz Santa Fe only does corporate moves now. To do a personal move apparently its a different company called Sanelo?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 31 Jan 2023 7:55 pm

Yup, she moved with her company. If the company that does personal moves, operates under Santa Fe, I believe the experience should be just as positive.