Singapore Expats

Universal Studios Singapore

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Universal Studios Singapore

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 29 Dec 2022 11:15 pm

NYY1 wrote:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 9:39 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 8:28 pm
NYY1 wrote:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 1:55 pm
Hard pass...
LOL do you have kids?
Yes, for young kids they (theme parks) are fun and an experience/something to do in various holiday locations. The ExpressPass (or whatever it is called at different places) can make things more efficient and manageable (if it is being sold and run properly by the park).

But at some point I am happy to get them go on their own if they want. Lines (even if relatively short), overpriced bad food, loud music, never ending smiling characters, etc, etc --- I may be willing to pay NOT to go...
Haha same here, I'm getting to an age where all the standing and queueing is insufferable. When my daughter was younger she would beg endlessly so we'd eventually oblige. Now even she is turned off by the idea - guess she takes after me.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 30 Dec 2022 7:22 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 11:15 pm
NYY1 wrote:
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 8:28 pm

LOL do you have kids?
Yes, for young kids they (theme parks) are fun and an experience/something to do in various holiday locations. The ExpressPass (or whatever it is called at different places) can make things more efficient and manageable (if it is being sold and run properly by the park).

But at some point I am happy to get them go on their own if they want. Lines (even if relatively short), overpriced bad food, loud music, never ending smiling characters, etc, etc --- I may be willing to pay NOT to go...
Haha same here, I'm getting to an age where all the standing and queueing is insufferable. When my daughter was younger she would beg endlessly so we'd eventually oblige. Now even she is turned off by the idea - guess she takes after me.
Except for a very few attractions like the bigger roller coaster, it's really hard to imagine why an emotionally mature adult would like to visit the place, having this level of inconvenience and the price tag.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 30 Dec 2022 7:27 am

abbby wrote:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 4:57 pm
Did you feel it was way much crowded than usual ..a lot of tourists?
Cant really tell - I don't recall it not being crowded, but surely lots of tourists.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 30 Dec 2022 11:15 am

x9200 wrote:
Fri, 30 Dec 2022 7:22 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 11:15 pm
NYY1 wrote:

Except for a very few attractions like the bigger roller coaster, it's really hard to imagine why an emotionally mature adult would like to visit the place, having this level of inconvenience and the price tag.
Yeah, why am I PAYING to be miserable?? LOL

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 30 Dec 2022 11:16 am

x9200 wrote:
Fri, 30 Dec 2022 7:27 am
abbby wrote:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 4:57 pm
Did you feel it was way much crowded than usual ..a lot of tourists?
Cant really tell - I don't recall it not being crowded, but surely lots of tourists.
I'd think that since it's the school hols there'd be far more kids than usual, perhaps equal number of tourists.

AnnaDavid

Post by AnnaDavid » Tue, 31 Jan 2023 4:25 pm

When I was in USS last year, it was so crowded and almost dehydrated because I'd been in the scorching heat of the sun for quite sometime. I enjoyed it when the sun starts to set.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Fri, 03 Feb 2023 1:22 am

If you have kids of the right age that can really enjoy it… buying an annual pass can be a good strategy if you go to USS first thing in the day and leave by around noon, avoid holidays. Same for the zoo. We did both when our kids were young. Those were the only two annual passes here that seemed almost/kinda worth it.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Fri, 03 Feb 2023 9:32 am

I can only hope my kids can grow out of USS, to me, it's really no fun ticket prices and I never take any rides and the long queues,..just don't enjoy such thrills.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)