Singapore Expats

Universal Studios Singapore

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Universal Studios Singapore

Post by abbby » Thu, 29 Dec 2022 9:46 am

Please be informed it's extremely crowded and is about 4-5 times more crowded than the usual Dec crowds as there are a lot of tourists. Be expected to wait 1-2 hours for each ride even on express pass. and express pass can only be used once on each ride, they no longer off unlimited express pass.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Universal Studios Singapore

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 29 Dec 2022 10:59 am

What?? What's the point of paying for the express pass then?

I remember a couple years ago when my daughter had just finished the psle we took her to USS and paid for the express pass. There was one particular ride, the canopy flier, that we all really enjoyed. We rode it 10 times in a row without waiting even a minute!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 29 Dec 2022 1:03 pm

Fanny enough we were in Universal Studios yesterday. My 3rd or 4th time already. I don't really like the place but if you have kids you are pretty much doomed to visit it from time to time. Overcrowded, long waiting for practically everything food included (literally hours for some). And disinformation. The waiting time for express pass lanes was 45 min for some attractions. For some other (e.g. the transformers-thing) they claimed to be 60 min but it was actually 5 min. One big mess.

Canopy flier... is it that one over Jurasic Park theme area? No express pass lane at all over there.

In general, my repeated impression is, they purposely let too many people in so more would buy the express passes for twice the price.

Another observation... hundreds of people already before 10am yet practically no place to eat any reasonable breakfast. A very few open places only of the junk/fast food or similar category with long waiting time. Also here hard to avoid impression it is managed this way on purpose.

NYY1
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by NYY1 » Thu, 29 Dec 2022 1:55 pm

Hard pass...

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Thu, 29 Dec 2022 4:56 pm

I would generally skip it for good, been there several times and this week's trip was the worst. Overpriced tickets and yes double for express pass almost $200 for each adult and $170+ for each child with express pass, and even with the pass waiting time is 1-2 hours. You literally queue for everything food, rides...

And many rides were under renovation and F&B outlets closed, so imagine the queues are even longer.

I am given the impression they are making up for the losses during Covid days?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Thu, 29 Dec 2022 4:57 pm

Did you feel it was way much crowded than usual ..a lot of tourists?
x9200 wrote:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 1:03 pm
Fanny enough we were in Universal Studios yesterday. My 3rd or 4th time already. I don't really like the place but if you have kids you are pretty much doomed to visit it from time to time. Overcrowded, long waiting for practically everything food included (literally hours for some). And disinformation. The waiting time for express pass lanes was 45 min for some attractions. For some other (e.g. the transformers-thing) they claimed to be 60 min but it was actually 5 min. One big mess.

Canopy flier... is it that one over Jurasic Park theme area? No express pass lane at all over there.

In general, my repeated impression is, they purposely let too many people in so more would buy the express passes for twice the price.

Another observation... hundreds of people already before 10am yet practically no place to eat any reasonable breakfast. A very few open places only of the junk/fast food or similar category with long waiting time. Also here hard to avoid impression it is managed this way on purpose.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 29 Dec 2022 8:27 pm

x9200 wrote:

When I visited it was around 7-9 years ago. Maybe things have changed. Theme parks are awful, I'm glad my daughter is past that age.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 29 Dec 2022 8:28 pm

NYY1 wrote:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 1:55 pm
Hard pass...
LOL do you have kids?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 29 Dec 2022 8:28 pm

abbby wrote:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 4:56 pm
I would generally skip it for good, been there several times and this week's trip was the worst. Overpriced tickets and yes double for express pass almost $200 for each adult and $170+ for each child with express pass, and even with the pass waiting time is 1-2 hours. You literally queue for everything food, rides...

And many rides were under renovation and F&B outlets closed, so imagine the queues are even longer.

I am given the impression they are making up for the losses during Covid days?
Rides still under renovation? It's been like this for years.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 29 Dec 2022 8:29 pm

abbby wrote:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 4:57 pm
Did you feel it was way much crowded than usual ..a lot of tourists?
x9200 wrote:

There are always a good number of tourists, which is odd because when I think of theme parks I hardly consider SG's USS to be impressive.

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Thu, 29 Dec 2022 8:34 pm

We should have a Disneyland here. USS is getting very boring..

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 29 Dec 2022 8:35 pm

abbby wrote:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 8:34 pm
We should have a Disneyland here. USS is getting very boring..
There were once rumors of a Disneyland opening in SG but apparently they have said that they never plan to do so. A pity really.

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Thu, 29 Dec 2022 8:40 pm

Not sure what's the reason for not wanting to have one here. It draws a lot of tourists. Look at USS...mostly tourists.

NYY1
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by NYY1 » Thu, 29 Dec 2022 9:39 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 8:28 pm
NYY1 wrote:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 1:55 pm
Hard pass...
LOL do you have kids?
Yes, for young kids they (theme parks) are fun and an experience/something to do in various holiday locations. The ExpressPass (or whatever it is called at different places) can make things more efficient and manageable (if it is being sold and run properly by the park).

But at some point I am happy to get them go on their own if they want. Lines (even if relatively short), overpriced bad food, loud music, never ending smiling characters, etc, etc --- I may be willing to pay NOT to go...

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 29 Dec 2022 11:14 pm

abbby wrote:
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 8:40 pm
Not sure what's the reason for not wanting to have one here. It draws a lot of tourists. Look at USS...mostly tourists.
This article offers more info

https://explorersg.com/explorersingapor ... isneyland/