Singapore Expats

People Rushing for Panadol

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
YYCole
Regular
Regular

Re: People Rushing for Panadol

Post by YYCole » Sat, 21 Jan 2023 9:08 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Sat, 21 Jan 2023 6:32 pm
YYCole wrote:
Sat, 21 Jan 2023 5:29 pm
malcontent wrote:
Sun, 15 Jan 2023 8:50 pm

I have seen Cardiprin for sale at Guardian. I believe it is only available in 100mg tablets which are known as “low dose” aspirin.

These are not normal aspirin, which come in 330mg (normal strength) or 500mg (extra strength) tablets. The 500mg used to be sold here under Bayer brand, but very pricey.

The low dose variety is only for elderly folks who take it daily as a precaution against heart attack or Alzheimer’s disease. It’s not 100% proven science, but I believe there is something to it.

I usually buy normal dose aspirin in the US. Prices used to be as little as 99¢ for 100, but today it’s typically $1.99. After opening I keep them in the dry box so they don’t disintegrate in the humidity.
Indeed, the one i saw was 100mg. I also heard some site saying that if you think you have signs of stroke, pop doses of aspirins before going to hospital (not sure if its true/effective)
My son is an EMT and for sure it is used to prep people who have been hit with a stroke.
Thanks! good to know!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 22 Jan 2023 1:59 am

YYCole wrote:
malcontent wrote:
YYCole wrote:
Sun, 15 Jan 2023 4:00 pm

I managed to find Cardiprin supply online from a singapore supplier, not sure if i can share it here.
I have seen Cardiprin for sale at Guardian. I believe it is only available in 100mg tablets which are known as “low dose” aspirin.

These are not normal aspirin, which come in 330mg (normal strength) or 500mg (extra strength) tablets. The 500mg used to be sold here under Bayer brand, but very pricey.

The low dose variety is only for elderly folks who take it daily as a precaution against heart attack or Alzheimer’s disease. It’s not 100% proven science, but I believe there is something to it.

I usually buy normal dose aspirin in the US. Prices used to be as little as 99¢ for 100, but today it’s typically $1.99. After opening I keep them in the dry box so they don’t disintegrate in the humidity.
Indeed, the one i saw was 100mg. I also heard some site saying that if you think you have signs of stroke, pop doses of aspirins before going to hospital (not sure if its true/effective)
Should be, but would have to be in the appropriate dosage. Difficult to know what that is.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 22 Jan 2023 2:00 am

PNGMK wrote:
Sat, 21 Jan 2023 6:32 pm
YYCole wrote:
malcontent wrote:

My son is an EMT and for sure it is used to prep people who have been hit with a stroke.
I've also read that chewing aspirin can help save those who are having heart attacks.

YYCole
Regular
Regular

Post by YYCole » Sun, 22 Jan 2023 8:38 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 22 Jan 2023 1:59 am
YYCole wrote:
malcontent wrote:

Should be, but would have to be in the appropriate dosage. Difficult to know what that is.
I guess at that point of emergency.. take first (within sensible amt, not likle the whole slab), cos limited downside already.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 23 Jan 2023 2:55 am

YYCole wrote:
Sun, 22 Jan 2023 8:38 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 22 Jan 2023 1:59 am
YYCole wrote:

I guess at that point of emergency.. take first (within sensible amt, not likle the whole slab), cos limited downside already.
True. The more you know

kusal

Post by kusal » Fri, 03 Nov 2023 10:01 pm

I remembered last time they bought up all the milk powder in HK.