Singapore Expats

Scammers in Singapore

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Scammers in Singapore

Post by abbby » Thu, 01 Dec 2022 2:15 pm

Now there's the new way of contacting, they no longer use prefix of +65, they use normal mobile numbers, what an upgrade! :???: :???:
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Re: Scammers in Singapore

Post by malcontent » Thu, 01 Dec 2022 3:16 pm

Lately I’ve gotten less calls.

Maybe they have finally figured out that there is no point keeping me on their list. I never pick up numbers I don’t recognize and they always have to leave a voice mail, which I never respond to.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Scammers in Singapore

Post by abbby » Thu, 01 Dec 2022 9:42 pm

Lucky you...I just feel they always call random numbers to try out. There was a period of time, once you hang up on them, another number rings on the phone, they surely have a way of doing things to irritate the hell out of people!
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)