Singapore Expats

Dependant’s Pass for Child

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
KPOD

Dependant’s Pass for Child

Post by KPOD » Sat, 12 Nov 2022 9:26 am

Hi All, we will be moving to Singapore next year. Our 2 year old son is not due to have his booster for diphtheria and the second dose of measles until he is in junior infants in Ireland (between 4 and 5 years old). The immunisation schedule in Singapore requires him to complete those additional vaccinations before we move. If he does not, he cannot get his dependant’s pass. The local health office and the travel clinics we have talked to in Ireland said they could not jab him ahead of schedule. Our GP is waiting for the Irish Health Executive to confirm if he can be given the two vaccines now. Has anyone been in a similar situation before they moved and can share their experience? We are worried that we will not be able to get his pass.

Thank you!

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Re: Dependant’s Pass for Child

Post by malcontent » Sun, 13 Nov 2022 8:32 am

I’ve seen this come up previously, I think it was a family coming from a Nordic country. I cannot locate that thread and do not recall what the outcome was (or if they came back and posted one). They had even considered travel to another country in Europe to have it done.

Honestly, the best thing to do is send an email to the MOM explaining the situation — they are usually reasonable and can make exceptions under such circumstances. At most they might ask you to attach evidence of the refusal, i.e. get it in writing from your doctor in Ireland.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr