Singapore Expats Forum

hello i need to meet new friends and get out of the corpo sp

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
blooming girl

hello i need to meet new friends and get out of the corpo sp

Postby blooming girl » Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:35 am

Hello there! I've been in Singapore for more than one year now, even close to two and I haven't really met friends out of the corporate world, sad but true...never too anyone interested for a weekend lunch on the 16th or 17th of April?
Please email me at

Postby ann_ » Thu, 07 Apr 2005 8:33 am

is it You? Sally - pervert?

Postby Presh » Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:39 pm

Is that true? been here more than one year and not met real friends yet? Scarry ...., this is my second month here and have not met real friends either. Hope i dont have to wait till one year to find friends here otherwise people might think I am an antisocial person (please, don't). Let's meet up.

Postby vshwpry » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 6:34 pm

This is so true of me too-being in singapore for so long- close to two years and not having made a single "real" friend that I almost gave up even looking for some company. Please mail me if you guys are still interested in meeting up with new people. BTW am indian/f/student.

Postby psychedelic » Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:51 pm

Hey Blooming Girl & Vshwpry,

Am surprised that two years is not enough time to find friends.. In fact I have been here for just four weeks and I have meet some interesting people already..

The best part is that I met quiet a few of them through this forum..

So I suggest you register in this forum, It will make it easier for people to contact you.. by registering you can also send pm's.. Its a great way to meet up..

Drop me a line and i will help introduce you to other groups also.. In fact you should follow the msg thread titled " Looking for indian friends"..

I have met a lot of people.. Indians, Singaporeans, japanese.. though this forum..

Best of luck ...

Postby MusicFever » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:32 pm

If you like bowling on friday nights, pm me.

Chin up

Postby Tulip_eliz » Sun, 01 May 2005 2:34 pm

Hey people out there. Chin up, don't worry. It's not so difficult to meet people here at all. Though it might seems impossible not meeting anyone out of co-operate world, I believe it happens sometimes. Not very good. SO what are you waiting for, girl? Just give me a shout the next time you wanna spend time with Bens & Jerry again (i'm not sure if that's what you do when you're bored to death but that's what i always do! :P ), I'll make sure you meet some awesome people here.