Singapore Expats

Relocating to another country for two years

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sgexpatindian

Relocating to another country for two years

Post by sgexpatindian » Mon, 31 Oct 2022 8:29 pm

Hello Folks,

I have been living in Singapore since 2018 and now I need to move to another country for two years for personal reasons. I will come back within two years (2024).

After I come back, I would like to apply for PR and hope to get it by 2028. In case it helps, I make 200K per year (SGD) and I have two sons and I am an Indian.

When I apply for PR, do you think my current stay in SG from 2018 will be considered or it will be a fresh start from 2024? It would also be great if someone who is in similar boat can share their experience as well. Thanks.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Relocating to another country for two years

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 31 Oct 2022 8:43 pm

You should apply NOW before you leave.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

gold.spot
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by gold.spot » Tue, 01 Nov 2022 3:28 pm

There are many profiles similar to yours, just go through this forum and you'll see it for yourself. After knowing this, do you think you are at an advantage or a disadvantage compared to similar profiles such as yours?

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Tue, 01 Nov 2022 3:49 pm

sgexpatindian wrote:
Mon, 31 Oct 2022 8:29 pm
Hello Folks,

I have been living in Singapore since 2018 and now I need to move to another country for two years for personal reasons. I will come back within two years (2024).

After I come back, I would like to apply for PR and hope to get it by 2028. In case it helps, I make 200K per year (SGD) and I have two sons and I am an Indian.

When I apply for PR, do you think my current stay in SG from 2018 will be considered or it will be a fresh start from 2024? It would also be great if someone who is in similar boat can share their experience as well. Thanks.
I would think that if you apply when you get back, they will reset the clock.

Like GS mentioned - many many profiles here like yours and most regularly taste rejection, so if I were you, I wouldn't be "planning" a time line for getting PR. Not even if you never leave Singapore and they don't have a chance to hit reset. This is not a project that you can plan for. Instead I would suggest that you reset your expectations and maybe think about plan B, namely which other countries you could move to which are more likely to take in Indians as PRs.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Nov 2022 2:09 pm

I concur with smoulder. Yes, your time will reset to zero so will only start upon your return from the 2yr absence.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers