Singapore Expats

2-handed burger options in Singapore?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
HogHollow

2-handed burger options in Singapore?

Post by HogHollow » Sat, 29 Oct 2022 5:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been living in Singapore for the last 14 months, and haven't found a restaurant that serves a good sized burger that you have to eat with both hands, like what you'll find back Stateside.

All the places where I've had burgers serve them with the small buns that you'd get in a grocery store. I'm not considering 5 guys, since I'm not a fan.

Appreciate any help I can get on this...thanks!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: 2-handed burger options in Singapore?

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 29 Oct 2022 10:53 pm

HogHollow wrote:
Sat, 29 Oct 2022 5:35 pm
Hi everyone,

I've been living in Singapore for the last 14 months, and haven't found a restaurant that serves a good sized burger that you have to eat with both hands, like what you'll find back Stateside.

All the places where I've had burgers serve them with the small buns that you'd get in a grocery store. I'm not considering 5 guys, since I'm not a fan.

Appreciate any help I can get on this...thanks!
Biggest burgers I know are served at Fat Boys. Not to be confused with Fatburger. They have an outlet along Upper Thompson Road. They used to have one up in Holland too, but that closed down recently. I had to find out in person.

What's wrong with five guys? I love their hotdogs and fries, and always make it a point to have some when I'm back in Miami. It's ridiculously over priced in Singapore though. They don't have set meals, so a burger, fries, and a milkshake will set you back over $30 - ridiculous.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Sat, 29 Oct 2022 11:07 pm

Fat boy's burgers are nice although since my wife isn't much of a burger fan, I haven't eaten there in a while. Sadly they have downsized to just a single outlet.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 30 Oct 2022 8:10 pm

smoulder wrote:
Sat, 29 Oct 2022 11:07 pm
Fat boy's burgers are nice although since my wife isn't much of a burger fan, I haven't eaten there in a while. Sadly they have downsized to just a single outlet.
They actually have plenty of other options on the menu too, like a chicken fried steak even if I'm not mistaken. I go there because they have fantastic impossible burgers, I get mine with the truffle aïoli and it's incredible.

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Sun, 30 Oct 2022 9:20 pm

There used to be an amazing local burger joint called DeBurg, home of the Burgasm.

Took many people there, almost all who had lived in the US were converts. Sadly, the place kept moving around and shutdown. Great burgers they were…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 30 Oct 2022 9:56 pm

BBCDoc wrote:
Sun, 30 Oct 2022 9:20 pm
There used to be an amazing local burger joint called DeBurg, home of the Burgasm.

Took many people there, almost all who had lived in the US were converts. Sadly, the place kept moving around and shutdown. Great burgers they were…

Burgasm?? :P Where is your go to now? I've heard great things about BurgerLabo, but apparently each burger is around $30.

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Tue, 01 Nov 2022 8:51 am

Lisafuller wrote:
BBCDoc wrote:

Burgasm?? :P Where is your go to now? I've heard great things about BurgerLabo, but apparently each burger is around $30.
Unfortunately, young kids have tied us to the main fast food chains. TBH, McDonalds fries still rule over everything else…

There's always room for one more

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 01 Nov 2022 5:34 pm

Try Smokey's BBQ at Joo Chiat.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 1:32 am

BBCDoc wrote:
Tue, 01 Nov 2022 8:51 am
Lisafuller wrote:
BBCDoc wrote:

Unfortunately, young kids have tied us to the main fast food chains. TBH, McDonalds fries still rule over everything else…

Can't argue with that. But honestly, the burger selection is pretty lame. Especially when compared to McDonald's around the world - each city seems to have its own menu, not just a few local favorites like SG.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 1:33 am

PNGMK wrote:
Tue, 01 Nov 2022 5:34 pm
Try Smokey's BBQ at Joo Chiat.
Smokey's is great! A family favorite. Good barbecue is hard to come by around here, reminds me of our favorite Shorty's bar-b-q in Miami. The only thing different is the price.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 4:09 am

Simple Burgers opened at the old Aerated water factory on Serangoon Rd. We tried it. It's ok. Not expensive either and a nice location.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 11:48 am

PNGMK wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 4:09 am
Simple Burgers opened at the old Aerated water factory on Serangoon Rd. We tried it. It's ok. Not expensive either and a nice location.
Is the bike shop still next door?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 24 Nov 2022 2:25 am

PNGMK wrote:
Simple burger is awesome! I just had it for dinner this evening, ordered on Grab from JEM. I like to get the cheese dog with a strawberry milkshake. It's one of the only fast food restaurants that makes all the food to order from fresh ingredients, for an affordable price. I also like that they make their milkshakes the old-fashioned way, you hardly see this in Singapore. If you dine in, they even have an unlimited toppings bar with toppings like fresh veggies, coleslaw, and salsa.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 24 Nov 2022 2:36 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 11:48 am
PNGMK wrote:
Is the bike shop still next door?
Yes Mah Motorcycles is still there. You can visit them and have a burger after on a Saturday easily.