Singapore Expats

Need help

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 11:28 am

Need help

Post by infopost » Wed, 06 Apr 2005 9:14 pm

I need help!!!! I have a friend philpina who work in Singapore for more than 5 years now as a domestic helper. She feeling sick and tired work as a maid. She wanted to work in Singapore with any job. How can she apply for independence pass or any other pass such as long team visits pass so she be able to work here. Or can she get marriage to singaporeian so that can apply PR. Or will she able to apply a PR on her own isn’t she stay here more than five years . please help!!!!. How to go about it. I would appreciate if some one out there can help Thanks

Chilli Girl

Post by Chilli Girl » Wed, 06 Apr 2005 10:19 pm

Sorry to hear that your friend is getting tired of working as a maid. Life as a domestic helper can be extremely difficult sometimes.

These sites may be able to provide you with more info:

Ministry of Manpower:

Immigration and Checkpoints Authority:

Good luck!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests