Singapore Expats

Travel visa for 1 day in Singapore to pick my family coming from india

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
BabuD1

Travel visa for 1 day in Singapore to pick my family coming from india

Post by BabuD1 » Mon, 19 Sep 2022 9:34 pm

Hi,

I am working in Australia in Work permit. My family is living in India. We have 2 kids. My wife planning to travel with 2 kids from India to Australia via Singapore airlines.

I am planning to go to Singapore airport to connect with my family and support my wife to take my kids from Singapore to Australia.

As i am going to Singapore and going to return to Australia in 1 day (Not going to enter the country. I want to stay in airport for few hours to connect with my family and take them from Singapore to Australia).

Do I have to get any visa in Singapore to do this travel? Also will it impact anything on my Australia work permit?

Please advice.

Regards,
Babu

gold.spot
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Re: Travel visa for 1 day in Singapore to pick my family coming from india

Post by gold.spot » Tue, 20 Sep 2022 12:16 pm

BabuD1 wrote:
Mon, 19 Sep 2022 9:34 pm
Hi,

I am working in Australia in Work permit. My family is living in India. We have 2 kids. My wife planning to travel with 2 kids from India to Australia via Singapore airlines.

I am planning to go to Singapore airport to connect with my family and support my wife to take my kids from Singapore to Australia.

As i am going to Singapore and going to return to Australia in 1 day (Not going to enter the country. I want to stay in airport for few hours to connect with my family and take them from Singapore to Australia).

Do I have to get any visa in Singapore to do this travel? Also will it impact anything on my Australia work permit?

Please advice.

Regards,
Babu
Assuming you're on an Indian passport, you need a Singapore visa as you are not travelling to a 3rd country. It is not that expensive, apply for it, it gets approved usually within a few hours.

edit : After re-reading your post, I realise you don't intend to leave the airport. But how do you do that? I don't know of a way one can take a return flight from anywhere to SIN without crossing immigration.

Secondly, thinking about it further - I don't understand the need to come all the way to SIN to 'collect' your family from airside. Its all too suspicious.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 20 Sep 2022 4:49 pm

BabuD1 wrote:
Hi,

You don't need the visa if you stay in the transit area but the question is whether the airlines will let you board the plane.
Besides: https://www.mfa.gov.sg/Overseas-Mission ... n/FAQ-page
"Sometimes, foreign visitors may be required to pass through Singapore Immigration if their airlines do not have the necessary transfer facilities. In these cases, the foreign visitor should obtain a visa prior to travel, so that he/she will not meet any difficulties while transiting in Singapore. We advise all travellers who are from a visa-required country and plan to enter Singapore, to apply for a Singapore visa prior to the trip so as to avoid any unnecessary inconvenience or disruption to travel plans."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 20 Sep 2022 9:55 pm

gold.spot wrote:
Tue, 20 Sep 2022 12:16 pm

Secondly, thinking about it further - I don't understand the need to come all the way to SIN to 'collect' your family from airside. Its all too suspicious.
I was thinking the exact same thing just after he posted it, but figured somebody will point it out.

Definitely sends up the red flags in MY mind.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 20 Sep 2022 10:37 pm

If you really want to help your wife, then fly to India and accompany her from the start all the way to Australia instead of half-arseing it…

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Tue, 20 Sep 2022 11:10 pm

Something very fishy about this story.

helper01

Post by helper01 » Wed, 21 Sep 2022 11:31 am

BabuD1 wrote:
Hi,

Please advice.

Regards,
Babu
[hi you can check here ]
https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-transit-de ... t-facility

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Sep 2022 12:58 pm

nice link helper01. However after reading through it several times, I think a call would have to be made to ICA as it seems to indicate, throughout the link, that the individual must have valid onward ticket (no long than 96 hrs before departure) for the "onward" journey. e.g., meeting the family to join the family to an third destination. I don't think they will look at a roundtrip ticket for this as it doesn't make sense. They can request assistance to meet them on landing in Singapore before departure from their home airport from airport services, especially if they are flying on the national carrier. This is one where he needs to contact the airlines or ICA for clarification.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

naresh.negi.kr

Post by naresh.negi.kr » Wed, 21 Sep 2022 9:54 pm

Do I have to get any visa in Singapore to do this travel?
helper01 shared the link earlier. https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-transit-de ... -facility .
Also will it impact anything on my Australia work permit?
No. Your name will not end up on a FinCEN list because of a single-day trip to Singapore. It depends on your line of work, but I would not be too concerned. I would not do that too often, but based on your post, that does not seem to be the case.