Singapore Expats

Best gym for working adults

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Best gym for working adults

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 16 Dec 2022 1:17 am

abbby wrote:
Sat, 03 Dec 2022 4:02 pm
Anyone visits Virgin Active? I like the decor..the vibes it gives, clean and modern.
Very upscale gem, pretty expensive as well. Facilities are great though, they have a steam room and even a salt room.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 16 Dec 2022 1:18 am

YYCole wrote:
Sun, 11 Dec 2022 8:51 pm
abbby wrote:
Sat, 03 Dec 2022 4:02 pm
Anyone visits Virgin Active? I like the decor..the vibes it gives, clean and modern.
I used to go there 8 years ago. Like the sleeping area and it used to be one of the top end gym in singapore (only had one outlet years ago, Raffles place one). Paid a premium for it, but find the classes worth it (if you actually spend time going to the classes)
I see this gym as being more for those who don't really work and have the time to spend hours going for classes and making use of the wellness facilities. If you're very busy, it'll be hard to get your moneys worth.

YYCole
Regular
Regular

Post by YYCole » Sun, 18 Dec 2022 6:35 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Fri, 16 Dec 2022 1:16 am
YYCole wrote:
Sat, 03 Dec 2022 3:54 pm
Ii visited Gravity recently, its at capitalgreen. They offered something that i dont see often in other gym, clothes ironing services! (so for working adults around the area who hates ironing, can go there to work out, pass the work clothes to them to iron and go to work post workout with a freshly pressed clothes!)
So interesting! How are the prices? Do they do classes or is it just a gym where you work out on your own?
With Corp rate, it cost 290 a month. Think its already one of the most expensive gym around. Something that makes me join is also of their classes. Because of the price, they limit the membership to ca 500. So classes are 5 to 10 pax max. You can call in or email or whatsapp to make booking for the classes. One class which interest me is the swim classes. I was thinking if i were to spend additional for swim coach outside, it more or less cover half the cost of the gym.

On top of that, there are a lot of work stations for people who wants to work there, and even meeting rooms that you can book for meetings for free!

It is a fitness first gym, so you sign up there, you also get access to all fitness first gym and classes.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 22 Dec 2022 1:30 am

Ritual is around $300 a month, so cost wise they're very similar. What I love is that booking is done through an app - so I don't need to bother with calling. Admittedly, the classes aren't as diverse as your gym so that is a definite win for you (also the meeting rooms, but I suspect it's because Ritual is meant to be a in-and-out type of gym).