Singapore Expats

Anyone used Lalamove for furniture items?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Thu, 15 Sep 2022 11:44 pm

Has anyone done furniture move (1-2 pieces) with lalamove? How did you find the service and cost?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

nelyanne
Regular
Regular

Re: Anyone used Lalamove for furniture items?

Post by nelyanne » Fri, 16 Sep 2022 12:10 am

For 1-2 pieces it should be fine...
I used their service to move all my stuff to a new apartment. I ended up having 2 trips instead of 1 trip so I was not super happy about it. But it was still cheaper than the professional moving companies.
They are super fast, no issues here.
You need to take care of padding the lift, getting the approval from condo management etc on your own (if needed).

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Sat, 17 Sep 2022 10:51 am

How much were you charged and how many bedrooms?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 18 Sep 2022 12:18 am

abbby wrote:
Thu, 15 Sep 2022 11:44 pm
Has anyone done furniture move (1-2 pieces) with lalamove? How did you find the service and cost?
I’ve use them to move small pieces of furniture a while back (rehomed a piece from a friend). Pretty smooth process, you can also try grab express as it tends to be cheaper.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 18 Sep 2022 12:19 am

nelyanne wrote:
Fri, 16 Sep 2022 12:10 am
I used their service to move all my stuff to a new apartment. I ended up having 2 trips instead of 1 trip so I was not super happy about it. But it was still cheaper than the professional moving companies.
You need to take care of padding the lift, getting the approval from condo management etc on your own (if needed).
Did you not book a large enough vehicle?

nelyanne
Regular
Regular

Post by nelyanne » Mon, 19 Sep 2022 12:08 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 18 Sep 2022 12:19 am
nelyanne wrote:
I booked a 2.4M van - which, in theory (according to the website), should be enough to move all belongings of 1 person. I was staying alone in a 1BR. I had personal stuff and some furniture (office chair, shelves, coffee table...)
I ended up paying 200 SGD.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 20 Sep 2022 2:16 am

nelyanne wrote:
Mon, 19 Sep 2022 12:08 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 18 Sep 2022 12:19 am
nelyanne wrote:
I booked a 2.4M van - which, in theory (according to the website), should be enough to move all belongings of 1 person. I was staying alone in a 1BR. I had personal stuff and some furniture (office chair, shelves, coffee table...)
I ended up paying 200 SGD.
I see, perhaps you had underestimated the amount of stuff you owned. Either that or they weren’t very space efficient.

nelyanne
Regular
Regular

Post by nelyanne » Tue, 20 Sep 2022 10:11 am

Yes, it is really hard to tell how much you own until you pack everything into the boxes... unless you have some previous experience.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 20 Sep 2022 11:25 pm

nelyanne wrote:
Tue, 20 Sep 2022 10:11 am
Yes, it is really hard to tell how much you own until you pack everything into the boxes... unless you have some previous experience.
Totally get where you’re coming from, even the tinyiest apartments in Singapore can be deceptively packed.

Titan70

Post by Titan70 » Mon, 26 Sep 2022 3:25 pm

I used LaLa Move but it was a simple job - One couch and coffee table. It was an easy job for anyone.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 27 Sep 2022 2:02 am

Titan70 wrote:I used LaLa Move but it was a simple job - One couch and coffee table. It was an easy job for anyone.
I’m looking to sell a 4 foot fish tank at the moment so I’ll need to coordinate transport when it eventually does sell. The more I think about it though, the more I’m tempted to have the buyer arrange their own transport - as easy as it may be, I’m not sure I trust that they can handle a fragile, hefty tank, and I’m definitely not interested in being liable for any damage.