Singapore Expats Forum

Job search - think out of box....

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

L_oe

Job search - think out of box....

Postby L_oe » Wed, 06 Apr 2005 2:00 pm

I am Singapore PR, graduated with Master Degree in Engineering. Have been working with MNCs for the last 13 years. 2 years ago, I was made redundant as the company manufacturing operation relocate to other lower cost country. Since then, I have been applying for job but without any result.

What's wrong and what other options [career swicth..etc] do I have to move on? Will appreciate any advise and opinion. Please help..

ArrowHead

Re: Job search - think out of box....

Postby ArrowHead » Thu, 07 Apr 2005 10:11 am

There's probably nothing wrong with you. rather it's the lacklustre employment market. You're definitely not alone. I was retrenched at the height of the SARS crisis 2 years ago too. I survived for the first 15 months doing all sorts of odd jobs that pay close to peanuts. I finally threw in the towel and left for overseas where I got a comparable position to my last job in just under 2 months.
L_oe wrote:I am Singapore PR, graduated with Master Degree in Engineering. Have been working with MNCs for the last 13 years. 2 years ago, I was made redundant as the company manufacturing operation relocate to other lower cost country. Since then, I have been applying for job but without any result.

What's wrong and what other options [career swicth..etc] do I have to move on? Will appreciate any advise and opinion. Please help..