Singapore Expats

Inquiry on the documents needed for a LTVP application for a spouse of a Singapore Permanent resident

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Illuminartist

Inquiry on the documents needed for a LTVP application for a spouse of a Singapore Permanent resident

Post by Illuminartist » Sun, 11 Sep 2022 3:11 am

I hope this inquiry finds you well :)

I have recently become a Singapore Permanent Resident as of July 2022. Prior to that I was holding an employment pass since July 2020. I have been living in Singapore since 2014 under students passes for poly and Uni.

I am getting married to my long term girlfriend (Since November 2018) from a foreign country on December of 2022 and afterwards I plan to apply for a LTVP for her. I was reading through the document required for the LTVP application under the sponsorship of a Singapore PR and I noticed that the following documents are requested,

Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the past three years, and Central Provident Fund (CPF) Statement showing monthly CPF contributions for the past 12 months

However, as I mentioned, since I am a recent Permanent resident and I have only been working in Singapore Since July 2020, I can only produce the income tax assessment for 2 years (2020 and 2021) and the CPF contributions for 5 months (August through December of 2022).

Can I kindly inquire if this will be an issue when I submit the LTVP application for my Spouse since I don't have documentation for the entirety of the requested duration from the ICA.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Re: Inquiry on the documents needed for a LTVP application for a spouse of a Singapore Permanent resident

Post by MOCHS » Sun, 11 Sep 2022 8:28 pm

Uncertain about this. I only read of young Singaporean citizens who just started working sponsoring LTVP for their spouse with only one month’s payslip. Not sure if ICA is generous with PRs sponsoring LTVP though.

If needed, you can always furnish a letter of employment stating you started working only in 2020 and also attach your entry permit that you only become PR in July 2022.

If you’re really worried, postpone the wedding date till next year (unless you made a deposit already).

If rejected, you just have to wait and re-apply…

You won’t know the outcome till you try.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Inquiry on the documents needed for a LTVP application for a spouse of a Singapore Permanent resident

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 12 Sep 2022 1:18 am

Illuminartist wrote:
Sun, 11 Sep 2022 3:11 am
I hope this inquiry finds you well :)

I have recently become a Singapore Permanent Resident as of July 2022. Prior to that I was holding an employment pass since July 2020. I have been living in Singapore since 2014 under students passes for poly and Uni.

I am getting married to my long term girlfriend (Since November 2018) from a foreign country on December of 2022 and afterwards I plan to apply for a LTVP for her. I was reading through the document required for the LTVP application under the sponsorship of a Singapore PR and I noticed that the following documents are requested,

Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the past three years, and Central Provident Fund (CPF) Statement showing monthly CPF contributions for the past 12 months

However, as I mentioned, since I am a recent Permanent resident and I have only been working in Singapore Since July 2020, I can only produce the income tax assessment for 2 years (2020 and 2021) and the CPF contributions for 5 months (August through December of 2022).

Can I kindly inquire if this will be an issue when I submit the LTVP application for my Spouse since I don't have documentation for the entirety of the requested duration from the ICA.
PR's can sponsor LTVP for spouse. Income tax assessment (2 years) + whatever CPF statement you have (for a few months) is enough.