Singapore Expats

Intra gastric balloon

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Intra

Intra gastric balloon

Post by Intra » Wed, 06 Apr 2005 10:15 am

This procedure is known to help fat people to lose weight by placing a saline bag into the stomach and reduces the hunger rate thus losing weight effectively by eating less.

Is anyone familiar to this procedure as it was introduced in Singapore late last year?

hendixHaze

Post by hendixHaze » Sat, 09 Apr 2005 2:50 pm

Intra hi..this method is really effective if you want to lose abt 10kg of weight but i wouldn't advise it if you just want to trim the edges. I had this procedure done in the states before it was intro in sg. It is not an operatn therefore not as scary as lipo. I lost abt 12 kg total within abt 4-8 mths and i was at 67kg now abt 53-55kg. If you want to get rid of a few pounds, you could try the slimming products around which is quite effective.

Post by Guest » Sun, 10 Apr 2005 9:01 am

hi hendixHaze

wat slimming products is effective that you had tried as there are so many products selling in the market?

any side effects?

jiminy cricket

Post by jiminy cricket » Sun, 10 Apr 2005 11:27 am

My God you can't be serious! Here's an idea: burn more calories than you consume. Eat less and exercise more. Or for the truly enlightened, ask yourself why you overeat. Slimming products?? Are there still people out there who believe in diets and slimming products?? Hold on, I think I have a bag of magic beans I can sell you...

Post by Guest » Sun, 10 Apr 2005 8:59 pm

i agree with jimmy..i used to jog everyday and cut down on the carbs esp at night and managed to lose abt 5kg. Then as work take precedence i cannot maintain the exercising routine and gain quite abit..think more than 5kg. It got quite worse later on as i lost control on my apetitite..and there's when i had the Intra gastric balloon..but believe me it is not a fun experience. Cos after the procedure i cant take in any food..i even had to take water sip by sip. Although my weight drop dramatically but i think my health was affected terribly...therefore i wouldnt advise anyone to do the procedure or a similar one like the stomach banding.

But anyone my frens were telling mi some diet pills prescribed by docs only is quite good - think the name is Panbesy. The doctor would also make sure u know the side effects. It's available at most clinics so jus ask one ard ur side. My fren mentioned that u might feel energetic and insomnia. But the medicine is not long-term..it is still better to maintain a suitable exercise routine and regular diet. Hope this helps.. :D

hendrixHaze

Post by hendrixHaze » Sun, 10 Apr 2005 10:11 pm

i post the above msg..left out the username. Any1 who wants to find out more abt the intra gastric balloon can pm me.
" Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times "

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 10 Apr 2005 11:00 pm

hendrixHaze
Nice handle, Jimmy.

jiminy cricket

Post by jiminy cricket » Mon, 11 Apr 2005 7:48 am

That Jiminy... :wink:

hendrixHaze

Post by hendrixHaze » Mon, 11 Apr 2005 9:42 am

pardon the stupid qn..handle..?
" Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times "

jiminy cricket

Post by jiminy cricket » Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:00 am

:oops:

Were you referring to Jimi? Or Jiminy?

A 'handle' is CB radio speak for 'name' and you had to be conscious in the late 70s and perhaps even wear your hair in an afro to understand the reference. :wink:

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:03 am

hendrixHaze wrote:pardon the stupid qn..handle..?
Handle = forum monicker = name under which you post messages.

Purple Haze = acid = LSD

hendrixHaze

Post by hendrixHaze » Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:11 am

guess dat explains y..neither am i consious or even coherent at dat time.. :shock:

...eagle u r confusing all of us ..thks anyway whoever's handle u r referring to..

btw nice handle jiminy..pinocchio's conscience.. :wink:

kazuhiza

intra gastric balloon

Post by kazuhiza » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 9:50 pm

:D its expensive if one person wanna go for the intra gastric balloon.... but its good!

Post by Guest » Sat, 06 Aug 2005 3:12 am

Gastric Bypass surgery is still a prefered method, and saves the hassle for a 2nd surgery.

ah_lun

Post by ah_lun » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 1:43 am

The procedure is not very well received in Sg cos over the cost
the cost for the procedure including the surgeon fee is about $18k .....

I had a fren who had it done it susan lim surgery in gleneagles.