Singapore Expats

Intra gastric balloon

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
TY Kwek

Re: Intra gastric balloon

Post by TY Kwek » Wed, 28 Apr 2021 3:17 pm

Hi, i'm new here! Saw this thread whilst googling, anyone had prior discomfort from undergoing gastric balloons? Does all Balloons needs me to undergo endoscopy and Anesthesia? Just curious cause i'm planning to do it myself soon, i can't seem to control my eating habits after Covid and i'm now overweight and if this continues, i'll probably be obese by the end of this year. Wanted to stop this before it gets worse.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Apr 2021 7:29 pm

Gastric balloons are a non-starter. Most who get them eventually start to gain weight again as the stomach stretches after time to compensate for the restriction of the balloon. There are better, safer ways to lose weight.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 29 Apr 2021 11:50 am

To me, its always better to take the minimally invasive route. Rather than get surgery, why not just do diet and exercise? As long as you’re in a caloric deficit, you will lose weight. Maybe not as fast, but it will probably be healthier in the long run.

TY Kwek

Post by TY Kwek » Wed, 05 May 2021 3:45 pm

Thanks SundayMorningStaple & LisaFuller! I appreciate your response, i do agree with the both of you on this, as of now my BMI is over 28, thank goodness i'm pretty tall but the extra weight is starting to take a toll on my body.

Do you have any recommendations on any diet plans that you've undergone previously that actually works? I'm trying out Keto at the moment and just using my pure willpower to not binge eat at night, however, I'll feel super hungry at night and this kinda affects my sleep. Perhaps the stress of not being able to travel had made me resort to comfort food HAHAHHAA.

The reason why i even considered Gastric Balloon is because i saw this advertisement when i was googling, https://defatohub.com.sg/. They actually have a nutritionist, lifestyle coach or something like that that is more like a holistic program for weight loss. I thought that it'll be pretty good that i can make use of this program to get my life back on track. Have you guys seen their advertisements popping around or have you guys had any friends that done their programs before? Would love to hear if this really works or it's a scam like london weight management where they help you to lose water weight and not fats.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 May 2021 4:25 pm

Check out Cohen's Lifestyle Clinic. Can google it or find them in Goldhill Plaza at Thompson & Newton road. I did it 13 years ago, stayed down until covid and retirement hit me with a double whammy. Getting ready to restart the program again as I know it works and works well. It's a low carb diet but not high fat or any other high thing. It's a balanced diet but it is regimented and has to be followed. The first 7~10 days are the hardest, but pretty easy after that. if you are under 55 you can actually lose up to 1.5 kg/week but over 60 the program is modified so old folks like me only will lose around 1 kg/wk. You can do it even if you are a veteran couch potato. It works. I lost 26 kg in 22.5 weeks. Got back to my military ROD weight which was in July 1968. This was from mid Jan to mid June 2008.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 05 May 2021 7:12 pm

TY Kwek wrote:
Wed, 05 May 2021 3:45 pm
Thanks SundayMorningStaple & LisaFuller! I appreciate your response, i do agree with the both of you on this, as of now my BMI is over 28, thank goodness i'm pretty tall but the extra weight is starting to take a toll on my body.

Do you have any recommendations on any diet plans that you've undergone previously that actually works? I'm trying out Keto at the moment and just using my pure willpower to not binge eat at night, however, I'll feel super hungry at night and this kinda affects my sleep. Perhaps the stress of not being able to travel had made me resort to comfort food HAHAHHAA.

The reason why i even considered Gastric Balloon is because i saw this advertisement when i was googling, https://defatohub.com.sg/. They actually have a nutritionist, lifestyle coach or something like that that is more like a holistic program for weight loss. I thought that it'll be pretty good that i can make use of this program to get my life back on track. Have you guys seen their advertisements popping around or have you guys had any friends that done their programs before? Would love to hear if this really works or it's a scam like london weight management where they help you to lose water weight and not fats.
Keto definitely works. It’s hard but nothing good ever comes easy. Try boxing as exercise, you burn an insane amount of calories (400-800 in a 1 hour session) and its more fun than running. The only issue is that this month all of the fitness studios are closing due to COVID, I’m hoping they will reopen in June but we will just have to wait and see.

TY Kwek

Post by TY Kwek » Mon, 10 May 2021 4:17 pm

Hi Lisa & Sunday!

HAHAHAHA you guys seemed to be the only 2 active here! Oh yes! Keto works wonders actually, i've dropped over 2kg last week combined with a bit of running. It can be boring at times especially when i don't have a partner to run with and due to my lack of stamina, i can only jog about a distance of 1.5km.

I've considered boxing before! Do you have any boxing places for recommendations? Unfortunate as it is they are closing down for now, i was planning to sign up for an anytime fitness membership since there's 2 outlets in walking distance to where i'm living. Guess we will just have to wait HAHAHHA.

Thanks Sunday! I will check out Cohen's Lifestyle Clinic! Oh wow, 26Kg in 22.5weeks without doing anything seems like a good catch! They actually have a certified nutritionist that prepares your meals for you? or they'll give you an ingredient list for you to cook your own healthy food? HAHAHAHA it's good that you've RODed, i still have 5 more cycles to go! Thanks for the information! I appreciate it a lot!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 May 2021 6:36 pm

All you will get is a list of foods that you are able to mix & match to make variations to your meals. You will also be given weight of the foods (you don't count calories - they have already done that. You will have to weight everything to the gram however, but that becomes routine after a week and also become habit (I still weigh my 3 main meals to this day (the weight are about 5~10% higher but that isn't my problem-I've started snacking again much to my dismay thanks to being almost 74 and covid) There are no prepackaged meals, pills, wraps or other BS, The whole program is in a Ibco binder specially created for you alone based of a series of blood test that will have to be submitted along with a physical and medical history. Dr. Cohen creates the diet based solely on your medical and blood tests and he reserves the right to not give you the program if there are underlying medical conditions that could impact the body or program. I did all my program off the fresh food shelves of NTUC. You will not be able to eat ANY processed foods for the duration of the program. The only codicil to the program is that you must finish it to full completion as it actually resets your serotonin levels in the brain, if you do not finish to completion, you will actually binge when you quit and you will be right back where you started. The program is so successful, you will only find it on their website. Word of mouth is their best advertising. (just like I'm doing at the moment) ;-)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 11 May 2021 2:14 pm

TY Kwek wrote:
Mon, 10 May 2021 4:17 pm
Hi Lisa & Sunday!

HAHAHAHA you guys seemed to be the only 2 active here! Oh yes! Keto works wonders actually, i've dropped over 2kg last week combined with a bit of running. It can be boring at times especially when i don't have a partner to run with and due to my lack of stamina, i can only jog about a distance of 1.5km.

I've considered boxing before! Do you have any boxing places for recommendations? Unfortunate as it is they are closing down for now, i was planning to sign up for an anytime fitness membership since there's 2 outlets in walking distance to where i'm living. Guess we will just have to wait HAHAHHA.

Thanks Sunday! I will check out Cohen's Lifestyle Clinic! Oh wow, 26Kg in 22.5weeks without doing anything seems like a good catch! They actually have a certified nutritionist that prepares your meals for you? or they'll give you an ingredient list for you to cook your own healthy food? HAHAHAHA it's good that you've RODed, i still have 5 more cycles to go! Thanks for the information! I appreciate it a lot!
My boxing studio is in the Beauty World area. If thats convenient for you, I’ll let you know the name via PM. It’s currently closed because of the safe management measures, but will be reopening in 3 weeks.