Singapore Expats

Is SGD 9000 enough for a family of 4 per month?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Re: Is SGD 9000 enough for a family of 4 per month?

Post by malcontent » Thu, 23 Feb 2023 2:27 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 23 Feb 2023 1:40 am
malcontent wrote:
Wed, 22 Feb 2023 2:45 am
Foreigners should be very careful about their affordability assumptions, with rents skyrocketing and the low cost schooling options eliminated, you really have to ensure you are financially supported by your employer, otherwise you could end up like me… with sore teats from all the milking.
Yup. Singapore is very quickly becoming unlivable as a foreigner/middle income earner.
It’s already here, just that some haven’t fully woken up to it yet - including myself. My outflow has exceeded my inflow for years now, ever since my kids have been in school. I wasn’t joking about being milked til sore, and this year it’s getting worse.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Is SGD 9000 enough for a family of 4 per month?

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 24 Feb 2023 12:07 am

malcontent wrote:
Thu, 23 Feb 2023 2:27 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 23 Feb 2023 1:40 am
malcontent wrote:
Wed, 22 Feb 2023 2:45 am
Foreigners should be very careful about their affordability assumptions, with rents skyrocketing and the low cost schooling options eliminated, you really have to ensure you are financially supported by your employer, otherwise you could end up like me… with sore teats from all the milking.
Yup. Singapore is very quickly becoming unlivable as a foreigner/middle income earner.
It’s already here, just that some haven’t fully woken up to it yet - including myself. My outflow has exceeded my inflow for years now, ever since my kids have been in school. I wasn’t joking about being milked til sore, and this year it’s getting worse.
Completely feel you, income really took a hit during the COVID years, but now that COVID is going away, the government assumes that salaries have returned to normal, when both salaries and expenses are still far higher than they used to be. Some cheap vouchers do not make a real difference.