Singapore Expats

Childcare Pre-school Requirements

Juggling family and work is never easy. Discuss about it here.
annanymous

Childcare Pre-school Requirements

Post by annanymous » Wed, 03 Aug 2022 11:29 pm

Hi Everyone, We initially visited my spouse here as visitors with no intention of staying but then we thought why not so I tried applying for jobs and got one. Now my Pass is approved but my child's dependent pass can't move forward as the vaccination certification from HPB hasn't arrived then upon its arrival we would assume it would also take some time before the actual pass gets approved.

So, can we enroll in a full day child care center without her dependent pass card? If not, Could the child's FIN# suffice? If not, Could the parent's FIN# suffice?

My work starts Aug 10 so childcare is currently one of our challenges apart from looking for a way to extend her stay beyond Aug 17

Looking for other alternatives as well. Babysitting would not work as the child would not be happy being left at home. She thinks of going to school as her "work"

Also looking for pre-school recommendations around Serangoon North Ave 4 :)

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Childcare Pre-school Requirements

Post by abbby » Thu, 11 Aug 2022 9:08 pm

I believe they need a valid pass to enrol your child. Perhaps you can check with your school you've selected and see if they can provide some room for the enrolment.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)