Singapore Expats

Neighbors renovation is driving me crazy

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Neighbors renovation is driving me crazy

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 31 Jul 2022 10:21 pm

smoulder wrote:
Sun, 31 Jul 2022 6:14 pm
Pasting a notice on your front door is the rule in my condo. The notice is supposed to indicate the exact dates and timings and is signed by the condo manager indicating that approval has been sought.
Nothing in the lobby? Usually we have it in the lobby so that everybody in the building knows what is going on, as if it was only on the door only those on the same floor would be aware.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 31 Jul 2022 10:22 pm

x9200 wrote:
Sun, 31 Jul 2022 7:18 pm
In my condo approval is needed and the notices pasted in a few location. If they run out of time, they get an extension.
As much as I hate it there is probably no better way than do it longer hours in less days. This is also because of neighbors living within the same corridor - dust is everywhere and gets inside all the apartments not to mention shoe racks and such.
Surprisingly, dust hasn’t really been an issue. Perhaps they are renovating one of the rooms deep within the unit?

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Mon, 01 Aug 2022 8:04 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 31 Jul 2022 10:21 pm
smoulder wrote:
Sun, 31 Jul 2022 6:14 pm
Pasting a notice on your front door is the rule in my condo. The notice is supposed to indicate the exact dates and timings and is signed by the condo manager indicating that approval has been sought.
Nothing in the lobby? Usually we have it in the lobby so that everybody in the building knows what is going on, as if it was only on the door only those on the same floor would be aware.
They'll have it in the lift and on the person's door.