Singapore Expats

PR chances: Korean woman married to Singaporean man

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
nelyanne
Regular
Regular
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 1:18 pm

Re: PR chances: Korean woman married to Singaporean man

Post by nelyanne » Fri, 29 Jul 2022 12:28 pm

My friend (race: Other) applied for a PR just after moving to Singapore and marrying her Singaporean Chinese husband - got approved at the first try. Without a kid or owning a flat. Similar age as yours. She couldn't move to Singapore earlier because of all the COVID mess. So it's certainly possible. The main issue is your husband's salary.

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9081
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Sinkapore

Re: PR chances: Korean woman married to Singaporean man

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 29 Jul 2022 2:11 pm

nelyanne wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 12:28 pm
My friend (race: Other) applied for a PR just after moving to Singapore and marrying her Singaporean Chinese husband - got approved at the first try. Without a kid or owning a flat. Similar age as yours. She couldn't move to Singapore earlier because of all the COVID mess. So it's certainly possible. The main issue is your husband's salary.
.... and occupation.... and race.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

nelyanne
Regular
Regular
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 1:18 pm

Re: PR chances: Korean woman married to Singaporean man

Post by nelyanne » Fri, 29 Jul 2022 3:27 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 2:11 pm
nelyanne wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 12:28 pm
My friend (race: Other) applied for a PR just after moving to Singapore and marrying her Singaporean Chinese husband - got approved at the first try. Without a kid or owning a flat. Similar age as yours. She couldn't move to Singapore earlier because of all the COVID mess. So it's certainly possible. The main issue is your husband's salary.
.... and occupation.... and race.
Did you mean the race of OP or her husband?

nelyanne
Regular
Regular
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 1:18 pm

Re: PR chances: Korean woman married to Singaporean man

Post by nelyanne » Fri, 29 Jul 2022 3:27 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 2:11 pm
nelyanne wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 12:28 pm
My friend (race: Other) applied for a PR just after moving to Singapore and marrying her Singaporean Chinese husband - got approved at the first try. Without a kid or owning a flat. Similar age as yours. She couldn't move to Singapore earlier because of all the COVID mess. So it's certainly possible. The main issue is your husband's salary.
.... and occupation.... and race.
Did you mean race of OP or her husband?

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9081
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Sinkapore

Re: PR chances: Korean woman married to Singaporean man

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 29 Jul 2022 3:30 pm

it all matters - but in this case her husband.... it matters as much as the applicant.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

User avatar
malcontent
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Answers: 8
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: PR chances: Korean woman married to Singaporean man

Post by malcontent » Fri, 29 Jul 2022 4:36 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 3:30 pm
it all matters - but in this case her husband.... it matters as much as the applicant.
It looks like Singaporean Chinese husband… but it also matters how long they have been married. If they give a foreign spouse PR too quick/easy, Singapore would be seen as an easy target for marriage fraud.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 894
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 8:43 pm
Answers: 2

Re: PR chances: Korean woman married to Singaporean man

Post by MOCHS » Fri, 29 Jul 2022 6:40 pm

malcontent wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 4:36 pm
It looks like Singaporean Chinese husband… but it also matters how long they have been married. If they give a foreign spouse PR too quick/easy, Singapore would be seen as an easy target for marriage fraud.
OP mentioned they’ve been married 2.5 years.

Marriage length seems to be your mileage may vary between applications.

For my husband’s, we applied a couple of months after our second wedding anniversary, it was approved near our third wedding anniversary. We were prepared for a rejection too. I don’t consider myself to have a high salary nor in a job that’s in demand…? My husband’s colleagues felt he was a shoo-in while I remained a bit skeptical. If only I could see how they judged me as a worthy sponsor.

User avatar
malcontent
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Answers: 8
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: PR chances: Korean woman married to Singaporean man

Post by malcontent » Fri, 29 Jul 2022 9:19 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 6:40 pm
malcontent wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 4:36 pm
It looks like Singaporean Chinese husband… but it also matters how long they have been married. If they give a foreign spouse PR too quick/easy, Singapore would be seen as an easy target for marriage fraud.
OP mentioned they’ve been married 2.5 years.

Marriage length seems to be your mileage may vary between applications.

For my husband’s, we applied a couple of months after our second wedding anniversary, it was approved near our third wedding anniversary. We were prepared for a rejection too. I don’t consider myself to have a high salary nor in a job that’s in demand…? My husband’s colleagues felt he was a shoo-in while I remained a bit skeptical. If only I could see how they judged me as a worthy sponsor.
Or perhaps marriage fraud rates are low for spouse’s country?
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Jessietan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 12:54 pm

Re: PR chances: Malyasian woman 33 years old

Post by Jessietan » Fri, 29 Jul 2022 9:29 pm

Hi, I just apply for my PR last 2 month and my profile as follow :

Nationality : Malaysian
Race : Chinese
Age : 33 years old
Monthly salaary : SGD2600
Monthly Transport Allowance : SGD70
Pass Hold : S Pass
No. of year in the Company : 4 years
Education level : Advanced Diploma equivalent to Bachelor Degree

May I check is there any chances for me to get my pr approve this time?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6211
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PR chances: Malyasian woman 33 years old

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 30 Jul 2022 2:07 am

Jessietan wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 9:29 pm
Hi, I just apply for my PR last 2 month and my profile as follow :

Nationality : Malaysian
Race : Chinese
Age : 33 years old
Monthly salaary : SGD2600
Monthly Transport Allowance : SGD70
Pass Hold : S Pass
No. of year in the Company : 4 years
Education level : Advanced Diploma equivalent to Bachelor Degree

May I check is there any chances for me to get my pr approve this time?
Salary is on the lower end but race is good. Are you married? Any kids?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6211
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PR chances: Korean woman married to Singaporean man

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 30 Jul 2022 5:17 am

nelyanne wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 12:28 pm
My friend (race: Other) applied for a PR just after moving to Singapore and marrying her Singaporean Chinese husband - got approved at the first try. Without a kid or owning a flat. Similar age as yours. She couldn't move to Singapore earlier because of all the COVID mess. So it's certainly possible. The main issue is your husband's salary.
Race as well. But regardless, it’s very difficult to just compare profiles like this, they can offer a data point but nothing more.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6211
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PR chances: Korean woman married to Singaporean man

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 30 Jul 2022 5:18 am

malcontent wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 4:36 pm
PNGMK wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 3:30 pm
it all matters - but in this case her husband.... it matters as much as the applicant.
It looks like Singaporean Chinese husband… but it also matters how long they have been married. If they give a foreign spouse PR too quick/easy, Singapore would be seen as an easy target for marriage fraud.
Right. My understanding is to wait at least two years after getting married, or have a kid for the best chance.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6211
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PR chances: Korean woman married to Singaporean man

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 30 Jul 2022 5:19 am

MOCHS wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 6:40 pm
malcontent wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 4:36 pm
It looks like Singaporean Chinese husband… but it also matters how long they have been married. If they give a foreign spouse PR too quick/easy, Singapore would be seen as an easy target for marriage fraud.
OP mentioned they’ve been married 2.5 years.

Marriage length seems to be your mileage may vary between applications.

For my husband’s, we applied a couple of months after our second wedding anniversary, it was approved near our third wedding anniversary. We were prepared for a rejection too. I don’t consider myself to have a high salary nor in a job that’s in demand…? My husband’s colleagues felt he was a shoo-in while I remained a bit skeptical. If only I could see how they judged me as a worthy sponsor.
2.5 years should be enough, seems similar to your case and is in line with my understanding that you should wait at least 2.

Jessietan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 12:54 pm

Re: PR chances: Malyasian woman 33 years old

Post by Jessietan » Sat, 30 Jul 2022 10:07 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 30 Jul 2022 2:07 am
Jessietan wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 9:29 pm
Hi, I just apply for my PR last 2 month and my profile as follow :

Nationality : Malaysian
Race : Chinese
Age : 33 years old
Monthly salaary : SGD2600
Monthly Transport Allowance : SGD70
Pass Hold : S Pass
No. of year in the Company : 4 years
Education level : Advanced Diploma equivalent to Bachelor Degree

May I check is there any chances for me to get my pr approve this time?
Salary is on the lower end but race is good. Are you married? Any kids?


The chances of getting approval of my Apr is how many percent so far?

Jessietan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 12:54 pm

Re: PR chances: Malyasian woman 33 years old

Post by Jessietan » Sat, 30 Jul 2022 10:08 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 30 Jul 2022 2:07 am
Jessietan wrote:
Fri, 29 Jul 2022 9:29 pm
Hi, I just apply for my PR last 2 month and my profile as follow :

Nationality : Malaysian
Race : Chinese
Age : 33 years old
Monthly salaary : SGD2600
Monthly Transport Allowance : SGD70
Pass Hold : S Pass
No. of year in the Company : 4 years
Education level : Advanced Diploma equivalent to Bachelor Degree

May I check is there any chances for me to get my pr approve this time?
Salary is on the lower end but race is good. Are you married? Any kids?


The chances of getting approval of my Apr is how many percent so far?


I haven’t married yet

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests