Singapore Expats

IN PRINCIPLE APPROVAL - LTVP - CURRENTLY IN OVERSEAS

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ManikandanRaja

IN PRINCIPLE APPROVAL - LTVP - CURRENTLY IN OVERSEAS

Post by ManikandanRaja » Wed, 13 Jul 2022 10:52 pm

Hello Everyone, I got LTVP approved yesterday and I got few clarifications/guidance from you all.

IPA is valid till 10th OCT, My appointment to collect LTVP in person is 9th Sep and I'll relocate self to SG by 5th Aug

1 - Do I still need to take any additional VISA or this IPA is enough? Just wanted to make sure as it is mentioned as single journey has been granted but at the same time they also have highlighted applicant should have a valid immigration pass to remain in Singapore?

2. What will be my no of days approved during my stay, I'll be arriving by 5th Aug but got appointment to collect LTVP only by 9th Sep which is more than a month after arrival to SG?

3. Application is approved in principal on conditions on submitting following documents Passport, DE card, NRIC but down the page in IMPORTANT NOTE C it was mentioned that Final result is also subject to result of applicant's medical examination (please refer below image FYR)
should I have to carry mentioned 3 documents with my medical report as well (which was submitted during docs pending stage) ? Since the test was taken in overseas should I've to retake new test at SG and carry that report or neither of them are required? I don't want to miss out any docs they will look forward at the time of appointment. Your help will be much appreciated.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Re: IN PRINCIPLE APPROVAL - LTVP - CURRENTLY IN OVERSEAS

Post by MOCHS » Thu, 14 Jul 2022 7:50 am

1. Visa & immigration pass are two separate items. Just present the LTVP IPA letter & your passport at the Singapore immigration counter. After that you are given a short term visit pass (STVP) which is the immigration pass.

2. STVP is usually 30 days, passport holders from some western countries are given 90 days. You just need to apply for extension of your STVP after you enter SG. Or you can enter SG 1-2 weeks before your appointment instead so you can save on the extension fee…

3. If the IPA never ask you to do medical check up & did not attach any medical form, then you do not need to do it again.

If you are really unsure, you can bring your overseas medical report with you along with the three other documents. Quite sure they will only look at those three documents on the appointment day.

ManikandanRaja

Re: IN PRINCIPLE APPROVAL - LTVP - CURRENTLY IN OVERSEAS

Post by ManikandanRaja » Thu, 14 Jul 2022 11:12 am

Thank you MOCHS