Singapore Expats

Anybody have any suggestions for short term rental in Singapore?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Re: Anybody have any suggestions for short term rental in Singapore?

Post by Myasis Dragon » Wed, 13 Jul 2022 10:58 am

jesse.watt wrote:
Wed, 13 Jul 2022 8:21 am
Hi everyone,

I am coming to NUS for a term as a part of a diploma program I am taking, but it's proving challenging to find any sort of apartment or residence that only rents out for 4 months. Does anyone with more experience in the housing market have any suggestions for finding shorter-term leases in Singapore, specifically near NUS? I'm really open to any type of housing arrangement.
Do a Google search on "Singapore roommates". You will find many websites. You will find various offerings from one small room, shared with a family, to several people sharing the rent.

I cannot offer advice nor recommend any such agency, only offering up that it might be the best bet for your short term needs.

PS: My expat neighbor in Watten Estates rented a bedroom with house privileges to a Romanian student on a student visa to go to school in Singapore.

Search By

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Wed, 13 Jul 2022 5:32 pm

Short term accommodation in Singapore -

https://www.singaporeexpats.com/product ... dation.htm
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Acquisure

Post by Acquisure » Sat, 30 Jul 2022 4:02 pm

Private property minimum 3 months
Public housing (hdb) minimum 6 months

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 31 Jul 2022 4:05 am

Myasis Dragon wrote:
Wed, 13 Jul 2022 10:58 am
jesse.watt wrote:
Wed, 13 Jul 2022 8:21 am
Hi everyone,

I am coming to NUS for a term as a part of a diploma program I am taking, but it's proving challenging to find any sort of apartment or residence that only rents out for 4 months. Does anyone with more experience in the housing market have any suggestions for finding shorter-term leases in Singapore, specifically near NUS? I'm really open to any type of housing arrangement.
Do a Google search on "Singapore roommates". You will find many websites. You will find various offerings from one small room, shared with a family, to several people sharing the rent.

I cannot offer advice nor recommend any such agency, only offering up that it might be the best bet for your short term needs.

PS: My expat neighbor in Watten Estates rented a bedroom with house privileges to a Romanian student on a student visa to go to school in Singapore.
There are also a number of telegram group so you can be matched up with a roommate pretty quickly and then communicate with them directly.