Singapore Expats

PR application (A7 , previous employment proof)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Shurikentan

PR application (A7 , previous employment proof)

Post by Shurikentan » Thu, 07 Jul 2022 4:58 am

A7. Testimonials from previous employer(s) stating the nature and duration of employment and the last drawn
basic salary (if any);
Dear helpful forumners,

I intend to apply Singapore PR and noticed this A7 required document which is basically letter of certification of past employment. Could I attached an old letter but the intended recipient was Ministry of Education? Or are we expected to get a new one by contacting our previous employer/HR ? I just feel like this is a bit bothersome to disturb my previous employer for such a document when i am no longer with them. Moreover the people (HRs and my supervisors, colleagues and head of department) has left the company since then. 1 week to get the letter before the PR application closes seems a bit tight if my previous employer does not respond in time.

Any advice?

mr.green

Re: PR application (A7 , previous employment proof)

Post by mr.green » Thu, 07 Jul 2022 2:41 pm

I would suggest, if possible, to get a letter addressing, "to whom it may concern" so that you have a catch all document for all future usage.

If it's really that difficult to obtain or you are not in good terms with your previous employer, try to use that MoE letter.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR application (A7 , previous employment proof)

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 07 Jul 2022 2:53 pm

Shurikentan wrote:
Thu, 07 Jul 2022 4:58 am
A7. Testimonials from previous employer(s) stating the nature and duration of employment and the last drawn
basic salary (if any);
Dear helpful forumners,

I intend to apply Singapore PR and noticed this A7 required document which is basically letter of certification of past employment. Could I attached an old letter but the intended recipient was Ministry of Education? Or are we expected to get a new one by contacting our previous employer/HR ? I just feel like this is a bit bothersome to disturb my previous employer for such a document when i am no longer with them. Moreover the people (HRs and my supervisors, colleagues and head of department) has left the company since then. 1 week to get the letter before the PR application closes seems a bit tight if my previous employer does not respond in time.

Any advice?
Testimonials from previous employer(s) stating the nature and duration of employment and the last drawn
basic salary (if any);

Above is optional. if you have a relieving letter, that is enough too