Singapore Expats

Work remotely for HK company in Singapore

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 10:45 pm

Work remotely for HK company in Singapore

Post by visitorinsg » Fri, 01 Jul 2022 11:39 pm

Hi, my partner from HK is looking to move to Singapore but his current employer in HK doesnt have a registered office in Singapore. I am currently holding an EP myself but we are not married. I understood we can look for a local sponsor for him but I have some more questions. I have also used the search function here but I couldn’t find an answer that suits my situation. Would be grateful if anyone can help:

1. What does the Singapore sponsor need to do exactly? (I would like to know the steps needed in details in order to faciliate the process and help ease the sponsor’s hassle)
2. Does the local sponsor needs to arrange a job advertisement for this sponsored role? Would it mean the local sponsor is “hiring” my partner and can my partner still be employed by his original HK employer?
3. We saw from the MOM website the application costs is S$105, plus S$225 for a successful case. Does anyone know if there is any extra costs incurred? As well as how much tax does the Singapore employer have to pay for my partner for his stay in Singapore?
4. Can the original HK employer pay the salary directly to my partner or it has to go through the Singapore sponsor?


Myasis Dragon
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 7:13 am
Answers: 5

Re: Work remotely for HK company in Singapore

Post by Myasis Dragon » Sun, 03 Jul 2022 2:48 am

Do not cross post the same topic in more than one forum. It's pointless and confusing.

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest