Singapore Expats

Race on EP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
CrazyPizza

Race on EP

Post by CrazyPizza » Tue, 28 Jun 2022 8:17 pm

Hi guys, im malaysian. father Chinese and mother malay. My malaysian IC states that i am malay. Is it ok to put chinese in my EP application? In my birth cert, my father's race is Chinese.. this is because i plan to get pr in the future so i know this is important. And also religion can i not follow my malaysian ic as u know in Malaysia u cant leave islam
by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 03 Jul 2022 4:08 pm
Does your birth certificate show either of your parents as Chinese? If so, should not be an issue.
Go to full post

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Re: Race on EP

Post by therat » Tue, 28 Jun 2022 8:50 pm

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=144845&p=857804#p857804

you ask the same question on Nov 2021.
You still have not solve out your race?

CrazyPizza

Post by CrazyPizza » Tue, 28 Jun 2022 9:05 pm

therat wrote:
Tue, 28 Jun 2022 8:50 pm
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=144845&p=857804#p857804

you ask the same question on Nov 2021.
You still have not solve out your race?
Well u didnt ans my question then

SaraAbdul

Post by SaraAbdul » Thu, 30 Jun 2022 2:33 pm

CrazyPizza wrote:
Tue, 28 Jun 2022 8:17 pm
Hi guys, im malaysian. father Chinese and mother malay. My malaysian IC states that i am malay. Is it ok to put chinese in my EP application? In my birth cert, my father's race is Chinese.. this is because i plan to get pr in the future so i know this is important. And also religion can i not follow my malaysian ic as u know in Malaysia u cant leave islam
refer to above; have you ever in EP before? Just follow what was submitted before. if this is your first application, then better just follow as per IC as not to complicate the process.

your race is not that particularly important point in EP and PR application. When one day you are a PR, Mendaki is optional. you can opt out, ask your hr.

gold.spot
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by gold.spot » Thu, 30 Jun 2022 5:17 pm

SaraAbdul wrote:
Thu, 30 Jun 2022 2:33 pm
refer to above; have you ever in EP before? Just follow what was submitted before. if this is your first application, then better just follow as per IC as not to complicate the process.

your race is not that particularly important point in EP and PR application. When one day you are a PR, Mendaki is optional. you can opt out, ask your hr.
^^^^ To OP - This post above mine : firstly, it's not right at all; secondly, the person hasn't even read your query.

Now, coming to OP's query, I can't say exactly how an EP will be processed, but I would say that your name has a part to play in what race you would be categorised under. Otherwise it would raise flags and questions that your employer would have to reply to.

If I'm not wrong, in EP applications you do not put in your parent's details. I don't recall submitting my birth cert for my EP application. But my race was 'chinese' and the only indication towards that was my surname. (I am from a country that is not generally associated with chinese)

CrazyPizza

Post by CrazyPizza » Fri, 01 Jul 2022 5:17 am

SaraAbdul wrote:

Isnit it harder to get pr if malay?

CrazyPizza

Post by CrazyPizza » Fri, 01 Jul 2022 5:19 am

gold.spot wrote:
Thu, 30 Jun 2022 5:17 pm
SaraAbdul wrote:

^^^^ To OP - This post above mine : firstly, it's not right at all; secondly, the person hasn't even read your query.

Now, coming to OP's query, I can't say exactly how an EP will be processed, but I would say that your name has a part to play in what race you would be categorised under. Otherwise it would raise flags and questions that your employer would have to reply to.

If I'm not wrong, in EP applications you do not put in your parent's details. I don't recall submitting my birth cert for my EP application. But my race was 'chinese' and the only indication towards that was my surname. (I am from a country that is not generally associated with chinese)
I still have my surname. Anyway if it raises any flag, wouldnt submitting my birth cert afterwards be enough proof im chinese

SaraAbdul

Post by SaraAbdul » Sat, 02 Jul 2022 12:03 pm

CrazyPizza wrote:
Fri, 01 Jul 2022 5:17 am
SaraAbdul wrote:

CP,

Dont worry about being a Malay, Singapore will like you if you good at your work (professional level) and can earn enough to live in this country.
I am a Malay from Malaysia, been here for 13 years. EP processed and approved in 2 work days, my PR under SC husband processed and approved in 6 weeks time. I should apply SC this year.

CrazyPizza

Post by CrazyPizza » Sun, 03 Jul 2022 2:41 pm

SaraAbdul wrote:
Sat, 02 Jul 2022 12:03 pm
CrazyPizza wrote:
Fri, 01 Jul 2022 5:17 am
SaraAbdul wrote:

CP,

Dont worry about being a Malay, Singapore will like you if you good at your work (professional level) and can earn enough to live in this country.
I am a Malay from Malaysia, been here for 13 years. EP processed and approved in 2 work days, my PR under SC husband processed and approved in 6 weeks time. I should apply SC this year.
Its not only about getting higher chances for pr.. i personally identify more as chinese.. i can speak chinese and educated in sjkc. Even my mom actually is of chinese heritage. The question is just whether its ok for me to put Chinese in my application, even my ic or passport does not state my race

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 03 Jul 2022 4:08 pm

Does your birth certificate show either of your parents as Chinese? If so, should not be an issue.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

CrazyPizza

Post by CrazyPizza » Mon, 04 Jul 2022 2:54 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sun, 03 Jul 2022 4:08 pm
Yes my father is chinese. Ok thanks