Singapore Expats

Looking to build a pc

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
TheGrimSoul

Looking to build a pc

Post by TheGrimSoul » Wed, 22 Jun 2022 5:33 pm

I am looking to build a pc thats not too powerful but suitable for playing games like elden ring and such. Any suggestions as to where parts are good and cheap?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Looking to build a pc

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 23 Jun 2022 3:56 am

Your best bet would be online on carousell - negotiations are completely acceptable and very common actually, and you might even make a friend as the person selling to you is likely to know about builds as well.

TheGrimSoul

Post by TheGrimSoul » Thu, 23 Jun 2022 9:04 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 3:56 am
Your best bet would be online on carousell - negotiations are completely acceptable and very common actually, and you might even make a friend as the person selling to you is likely to know about builds as well.
Ok, thank you

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 24 Jun 2022 4:15 am

Alternatively you can try Sim Lim Square or Funan Mall if you want to see the parts in person, I’ve heard the storeowners at Sim Lim can be dishonest with prices though, so go at your own risk.

Frannylicious

Post by Frannylicious » Thu, 27 Oct 2022 3:24 pm

At the moment the hardware prices are unfortunately higher than usual, but there are still good offers. Do you prefer a laptop or desktop PC?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Oct 2022 3:50 pm

Frannylicious wrote:
Thu, 27 Oct 2022 3:24 pm
At the moment the hardware prices are unfortunately higher than usual, but there are still good offers. Do you prefer a laptop or desktop PC?
Just get rid of the 'r'.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 28 Oct 2022 1:17 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 27 Oct 2022 3:50 pm
Frannylicious wrote:
Thu, 27 Oct 2022 3:24 pm
Just get rid of the 'r'.
LOL! Who's moderating the moderator? =D> [-X :P

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Oct 2022 2:43 pm

:mrgreen: Actually she (if it was a she) is a spammer from Germany. I actually misread her nick when I came across the post. I banned her but didn't delete the post as I would have normally done. Was going to see how long before somebody realized what it was referring to and the pun intended. I is old, but I ain't dead. YET. :lol: :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers