Singapore Expats

EP ends 2nd. July. MoM asking Employer my future plans. Why?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
musical box
Regular
Regular

EP ends 2nd. July. MoM asking Employer my future plans. Why?

Post by musical box » Tue, 21 Jun 2022 8:55 am

End date of employment is 2nd July. I will stay 30 days, per usual MoM to tidy up loose ends. I will in fact be leaving Sg mid July.

Does it matter which one of the below my Employer states on the online portal (MoM is asking).

- You leave SG?
- You will obtain a new work pass to work in SG?
- Or you stay in SG with a new immigration pass?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP ends 2nd. July. MoM asking Employer my future plans. Why?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Jun 2022 6:14 pm

Data is useful. Why do you think we ask all the questions we do right here on this forum. They collect data as well. If you were terminated. It would be useful to know from MOM/ICA's POV. If you didn't know you were leaving until the last month (or turn in your notice) then they might want to question the employer as to why they did apply for renew 3 month before the end as requested by MOM. All kinds of reasons most probably known to them. Don't give them what they want, you can probably forget about coming back as the info or lack of info to question will all be contained in your file with MOM/ICA even if you don't return for 10 years, your name will still have a fixed permanent FIN number that will never be reused and only will be retired when it is exchanged for an NRIC number (PR or SGC). They have their reasons.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: EP ends 2nd. July. MoM asking Employer my future plans. Why?

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 23 Jun 2022 4:06 am

I guess it so you don’t overstay illegally and so they can have the data in their system. Much like a census.