Singapore Expats

Qns on LTVP+ and PR appeal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Lovely85
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue, 06 Aug 2019 4:22 pm

Qns on LTVP+ and PR appeal

Post by Lovely85 » Sat, 11 Jun 2022 4:42 pm

Hi,

1. At which LTVP renewal will we are able to get LTVP+? My Bangladeshi husband's 1st LTVP granted was 1 yr, 2nd time was 2 years, and today he got 2 years again. We have been married since Apr 2019.

2. Anyone suceeded in PR appeal?

Thank you!!!

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 8:43 pm
Answers: 2

Re: Qns on LTVP+ and PR appeal

Post by MOCHS » Sat, 11 Jun 2022 8:06 pm

1. From ICA website:
Couples who have at least one child who is a Singapore citizen from their marriage or where the foreign spouse is pregnant may be eligible for LTVP+. Other consideration factors may include the marriage duration, ability of the sponsor to financially support the family, and good conduct of both the sponsor and the applicant. In general, applicants may be considered more favourably for LTVP+ if they have been married for at least three years.

Each application will be considered on its own merits.
2. Senior members on the forum have mentioned PR appeals usually do not work at all.

smoulder
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1323
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: Qns on LTVP+ and PR appeal

Post by smoulder » Sat, 11 Jun 2022 8:11 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Sat, 11 Jun 2022 8:06 pm
1. From ICA website:
Couples who have at least one child who is a Singapore citizen from their marriage or where the foreign spouse is pregnant may be eligible for LTVP+. Other consideration factors may include the marriage duration, ability of the sponsor to financially support the family, and good conduct of both the sponsor and the applicant. In general, applicants may be considered more favourably for LTVP+ if they have been married for at least three years.

Each application will be considered on its own merits.
2. Senior members on the forum have mentioned PR appeals usually do not work at all.
I believe there is "no" anecdotal evidence on the forum that a PR appeal works.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40437
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Qns on LTVP+ and PR appeal

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 12 Jun 2022 1:36 am

I've been on this board for 17 years and smoulder is correct. We don't have any instance of an appeal being successful. However, unless you neglected to put something extremely important that pertains specifically to a question on the application UP TO THE TIME OF THE APPLICATION. There is a slim possibility but as noted, we've never seen or heard of a successful one. An appeal because you 'think' you were unfairly rejected will just get you laughed out of the building. And you cannot appeal a decision based on information or data that was from a period of time after the date of submission. Instead you need to wait in the neighborhood of 24 months from the date of the rejection. If you try to play-play with them, you will find yourself holding the short end of the stick every time. And YES, I appealed my first rejection as well but that was a long, long time ago. (1988 application an 1989 rejection) Went back to working offshore on the O&G Industry again so no more EP but still made my home here. In 1994 came back and got another job in Singapore and in 1995 reapplied and got it quicktime (by that time I'd been married to a local for 12 years and had two kids (one of each-1 in P1 & 1 in P5 in the local system)

Word to the wise. If you try to jump the gun, normally ICA will think you are just doing it to buy an HDB to flip for a profit. Too many have already used that ruse and it is NOT showing a desire to plant roots here but only a desire to make a fast buck (it doesn't do anything for the country at all, only the home buyer. ICA knows this as too many have done just that. Your countrymen who came before you burned the bridges behind them for the rest of you and the government has wised up. Oh, I've been a PR now for over a quarter of a century. I retired 3 years ago from my long time position as the HR & Fin Mgr of a medium sized SME here. Today I celebrated (11 June 1982) my Ruby Anniversary/Jubilee (40 years now on the little red dot).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

gold.spot
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 10:20 pm
Answers: 1

Re: Qns on LTVP+ and PR appeal

Post by gold.spot » Mon, 13 Jun 2022 9:28 am

Anecdotally, in my case an 'appeal' seemed to have worked. This is a brief summary.

1) When I applied, I was still unmarried and applied under PTS.
2) About 6 months after this application, I got married to a SG citizen.
3) Another 6 months later, I got a rejection, and this time sent in an appeal with the marriage cert.
4) About 2 months after sending in the appeal, ICA asked me to refill PR form under family ties.
5) Another 4 months later, it was approved.

So, in my case, the appeal did work, but my circumstances changed significantly.

edit : grammar

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 8:43 pm
Answers: 2

Re: Qns on LTVP+ and PR appeal

Post by MOCHS » Mon, 13 Jun 2022 10:24 am

^ If they asked you to refill the form, it just basically means “make a fresh application”.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40437
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Qns on LTVP+ and PR appeal

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Jun 2022 11:16 am

Exactly. You didn't have an appeal at all. You made a new application. Nothing more, nothing less. What they told you is exactly what we tell you. You will notice it took at year from your marriage, but even discounting the time, you filed a new application under the Family Ties program. Nothing new for our anecdotal database at all. But congratulations are still in order, regardless. \:D/ =D>
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

gold.spot
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 10:20 pm
Answers: 1

Re: Qns on LTVP+ and PR appeal

Post by gold.spot » Mon, 13 Jun 2022 1:01 pm

Thank you, SMS. :)

I suppose what can add to the anecdotal knowledge for this forum is that you can add a chinese name (chinese characters) to your IC, even if your passport doesn't have an alias or chinese name. You can select the chinese characters during formalities.

My passport only had a western name + surname. My IC has western name + surname; and chinese characters below.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40437
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Qns on LTVP+ and PR appeal

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Jun 2022 11:09 pm

Now THAT is some good intel and worth remembering for our readers. Many Thanks!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

krsg1993
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 10 May 2022 12:13 pm

Re: Qns on LTVP+ and PR appeal

Post by krsg1993 » Sat, 18 Jun 2022 9:13 am

gold.spot wrote:
Mon, 13 Jun 2022 9:28 am
Anecdotally, in my case an 'appeal' seemed to have worked. This is a brief summary.

1) When I applied, I was still unmarried and applied under PTS.
2) About 6 months after this application, I got married to a SG citizen.
3) Another 6 months later, I got a rejection, and this time sent in an appeal with the marriage cert.
4) About 2 months after sending in the appeal, ICA asked me to refill PR form under family ties.
5) Another 4 months later, it was approved.

So, in my case, the appeal did work, but my circumstances changed significantly.

edit : grammar
Hi! Do you mind sharing your nationality? :) my husband is currently in a similar situation above. Thank you!

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 8:43 pm
Answers: 2

Re: Qns on LTVP+ and PR appeal

Post by MOCHS » Sat, 18 Jun 2022 12:13 pm

krsg1993 wrote:
Sat, 18 Jun 2022 9:13 am

Hi! Do you mind sharing your nationality? :) my husband is currently in a similar situation above. Thank you!
His first post states Indian passport, Chinese race.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40437
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Qns on LTVP+ and PR appeal

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 18 Jun 2022 7:13 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Sat, 18 Jun 2022 12:13 pm
krsg1993 wrote:
Sat, 18 Jun 2022 9:13 am

Hi! Do you mind sharing your nationality? :) my husband is currently in a similar situation above. Thank you!
His first post states Indian passport, Chinese race.
Don't you just love it when newbies cannot be bothered to read the thread but depend on everybody else to do the work for them. They will make good SGCs for sure. :lol: :x
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

smoulder
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1323
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: Qns on LTVP+ and PR appeal

Post by smoulder » Sat, 18 Jun 2022 7:18 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 18 Jun 2022 7:13 pm
MOCHS wrote:
Sat, 18 Jun 2022 12:13 pm
krsg1993 wrote:
Sat, 18 Jun 2022 9:13 am

Hi! Do you mind sharing your nationality? :) my husband is currently in a similar situation above. Thank you!
His first post states Indian passport, Chinese race.
Don't you just love it when newbies cannot be bothered to read the thread but depend on everybody else to do the work for them. They will make good SGCs for sure. :lol: :x
Nah... This one is already an SGC.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40437
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Qns on LTVP+ and PR appeal

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 18 Jun 2022 7:59 pm

smoulder wrote:
Sat, 18 Jun 2022 7:18 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 18 Jun 2022 7:13 pm
MOCHS wrote:
Sat, 18 Jun 2022 12:13 pm


His first post states Indian passport, Chinese race.
Don't you just love it when newbies cannot be bothered to read the thread but depend on everybody else to do the work for them. They will make good SGCs for sure. :lol: :x
Nah... This one is already an SGC.
:lol: :lol: I rest my case! :cool: Good assimilation by the husband AND local wife proving the point!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mshan82
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 12:25 pm

Re: Qns on LTVP+ and PR appeal

Post by mshan82 » Tue, 21 Jun 2022 5:12 pm

My Wife & Kid got PR Approval via Appeal. you can find the details in my other post.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests