Singapore Expats

LTVP: Need your help guys!!!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ManikandanRaja

LTVP: Need your help guys!!!

Post by ManikandanRaja » Thu, 09 Jun 2022 1:02 am

Hello everyone, I got to know this forum earlier today and had a chance to surf many topics the whole day and learnt few good things.

I got married last month (she is sg citizen) and we have submitted for ltvp (done pre marriage assessment successfully and got LLE) yesterday and currently ita under progress. I've tried my best to surf everything if not the most things but yet to find answer for the follow... Whenever you got your time pls feel free to clarify below for me, many thanks in advance.

1. Currently I'm in my native country, do i need to physically present in sg to collect the LTVP??
2. I saw lot of discussion on the medical assessment, I feel super strong and I've no doubt that I'll clear HIV and TB test but in the worst case below are my concerns, did anyone came through this ever if so pls let me know how to overcome this

2.a) Would testing in native will be accepted to submit??
2.b) Though I feel strong since i'm a smoker had this weird feeling in my mind, will it ever manipulate the xray result (I know this may vary for everyone case by case basis but anyone had this weird feeling who tested can share your experience).
2.c) if ever tested positive for either of the one thing will I ever be able to enter sg via tourists Visa in the later stage or will it be considered a permanent ban??
2.d) How to overcome this negative thoughts (I know only result can decide but I'm getting stress coz of this) any good tip from your end is appreciated.

Note: Started detox things to make my lung clean the Tar+ toxins in a hope that X ray result won't play game in my test.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Re: LTVP: Need your help guys!!!

Post by MOCHS » Thu, 09 Jun 2022 6:46 am

1. Yes, you & spouse MUST by present in person and it is also one of the conditions to get your LTVP. It’s called a long-term visit pass which enables you to stay long term in Singapore. Why bother applying for one if you don’t want to be present in SG?

2a. It’s listed in the terms and conditions that it HAS to be a Singapore clinic.

2b. I’m not a doctor so I don’t know. But I feel TB mass/scar on X-Ray would be different from a smoker’s lung on X-Ray.

2c. Theoretically if you a positive for TB and/or HIV, then you would be denied for any long-term pass (ie. LTVP, PR, Employment pass, etc). Tourist pass, I don’t know since we don’t demand tourists to show TB/HIV results upon arrival.

2d. Nothing much you can do except wait and take one step at a time.

ManikandanRaja

Post by ManikandanRaja » Thu, 09 Jun 2022 7:42 am

@MOCHS, Thank you so much, currently I'm working in my native and I was unaware of the fact that I must be in sg in order to apply for LTVP (thought usually it will be a long term visitor VISA, my bad) and learnt it is not and something diff through this forum.... Now started planning few things hope would able to be there in couple of weeks...

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Thu, 09 Jun 2022 10:34 am

You come when your LTVP is approved-in-principle in the ICA portal. Now LTVP takes months to process and even if you come now, you can’t get the LTVP yet and you will just be aimlessly waiting around in SG.

ManikandanRaja

Post by ManikandanRaja » Thu, 09 Jun 2022 10:56 am

Will do and keep you all updated if I got anything else...

ManikandanRaja

Post by ManikandanRaja » Tue, 12 Jul 2022 9:00 pm

Hey All and thanks to @mochs Here is my timeline, all went good and this might give you guys some current trend on LTVP approval.

Application submitted on 7th June

In Principle Approval (pending doc) status received on 30th June
Docs which were requested were Terms & conditions and medical examination report
Since I'm in oversees ICA requested for both xray and HIV reports along with the medical examination report signed/attested by GP. Incase if I took the test in SG there is no need for both additional docs.

Docs were submitted on 6th July
In Principle approval (Docs received and receiving attention) status on 6th July

In Principle approval (pending payment) status by today 12th July
Payment for entry Visa 30 SGD and Issuance of card 60 SGD was requested

Payment was done and received IPA immediately but we got appointment only on 9th Sep.

I've few questions on the required document which I'll make a new thread.