Singapore Expats

EP Application for Two Companies

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
mcmcmc

EP Application for Two Companies

Post by mcmcmc » Tue, 31 May 2022 6:13 pm

I'm an EP holder and recently accepted an offer, and my new company is about to submit my EP application to MOM. However, my current company is also planning on submitting an EP application for me because of a new contract signed as a result of org/entity change.

I understand there cannot be two EP applications at the MOM concurrently. What kind of excuse/reason can I give my current company so that they can delay applying an EP for me? I'm hoping they won't find out I'm leaving until my new company can secure the EP for me first.

Thank you

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: EP Application for Two Companies

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 31 May 2022 6:56 pm

mcmcmc wrote:
Tue, 31 May 2022 6:13 pm
I'm an EP holder and recently accepted an offer, and my new company is about to submit my EP application to MOM. However, my current company is also planning on submitting an EP application for me because of a new contract signed as a result of org/entity change.

I understand there cannot be two EP applications at the MOM concurrently. What kind of excuse/reason can I give my current company so that they can delay applying an EP for me? I'm hoping they won't find out I'm leaving until my new company can secure the EP for me first.

Thank you
You can't do much in this scenario apart from being transparent to the current employer.

mcmcmc

Post by mcmcmc » Tue, 31 May 2022 9:29 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 31 May 2022 6:56 pm
mcmcmc wrote:

Thank you
You can't do much in this scenario apart from being transparent to the current employer.
What would be the consequence/risk if I told my current employer I'm leaving without having secured a new EP with my new company? Will they let me go? Pretty new to the country so not quite sure how that works. Thanks

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 31 May 2022 11:08 pm

mcmcmc wrote:
Tue, 31 May 2022 9:29 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
mcmcmc wrote:

Thank you
What would be the consequence/risk if I told my current employer I'm leaving without having secured a new EP with my new company? Will they let me go? Pretty new to the country so not quite sure how that works. Thanks
Depends on your employer. We won't know. Not all employers are same or follow a pattern .but If they really need you they may persuade you to stay ? But in future if they need to reduce employee count, they will know where to start first.

See if the other company can apply ep quickly and get an outcome by 2 weeks?

Pretty new to the country but changing employers so fast ? How long are you with them ? If they have got you into the country, it would be good if you stay for a couple of years unless something is totally wrong here.

mcmcmc

Post by mcmcmc » Tue, 31 May 2022 11:42 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 31 May 2022 11:08 pm
mcmcmc wrote:
Tue, 31 May 2022 9:29 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:

Depends on your employer. We won't know. Not all employers are same or follow a pattern .but If they really need you they may persuade you to stay ? But in future if they need to reduce employee count, they will know where to start first.

See if the other company can apply ep quickly and get an outcome by 2 weeks?

Pretty new to the country but changing employers so fast ? How long are you with them ? If they have got you into the country, it would be good if you stay for a couple of years unless something is totally wrong here.
Thanks for the advice. I've stayed with them for over a year and have reached a plateau. There are better opportunities in the market hence would be ok to move over now.

noahguerrero

Post by noahguerrero » Tue, 07 Jun 2022 4:54 pm

mcmcmc wrote:
I'm an EP holder and recently accepted an offer, and my new company is about to submit my EP application to MOM. However, my current company is also planning on submitting an EP application for me because of a new contract signed as a result of org/entity changesnow rider 3d

Thank you