Singapore Expats

PR APPROVE BUT NEED TRAVEL OVERSEAS

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
fujishuusakeg

PR APPROVE BUT NEED TRAVEL OVERSEAS

Post by fujishuusakeg » Sat, 28 May 2022 12:19 pm

Hi all,

I've just gotten my wife PR IPA letter. We've booked PR appointment on the 9 June, but we are intending to travel on the 10 June.

On the PR IPA letter, there is a section that says application for a permit to re-enter Singapore.

She already has a LTVP+ right now, but on the ICA website it says that "If you leave Singapore or remain overseas without a valid REP, you will lose your permanent residence."

So the issue for me now is, it is ok to travel or should we fill up this form and wait for PR appoval then travel?

I am confused about this part.

Thank you all!

gold.spot
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Re: PR APPROVE BUT NEED TRAVEL OVERSEAS

Post by gold.spot » Sun, 29 May 2022 10:20 pm

If everything goes ok, which it should, during the PR formalities completion, there is no issue for you and your wife to travel overseas. She will be issued the REP immediately. The only thing that your wife will not receive is the blue IC, which will come like a week or two after your formalities are completed. You don't need the blue IC to go out of or enter Singapore.

Even if you couldn't complete the formalities for lack of proper documentation, she will just not be issued PR (temporarily), and you can set another appointment, travel and come back to SG and then finish the formalities with proper documentation.

I don't see any issue.

edit : grammar

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: PR APPROVE BUT NEED TRAVEL OVERSEAS

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 30 May 2022 3:47 am

Should go without a hitch. As long as she has been issued PR, doesn’t matter if she has received all of the official documents.