Singapore Expats

Balmuda

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Balmuda

Post by abbby » Thu, 26 May 2022 9:56 pm

Anyone using this brand of kitchen appliances like the toaster, kettle..? Understand the toaster requires you to put in water to keep bread moist...is it true..?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Balmuda

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 27 May 2022 12:53 am

abbby wrote:
Thu, 26 May 2022 9:56 pm
Anyone using this brand of kitchen appliances like the toaster, kettle..? Understand the toaster requires you to put in water to keep bread moist...is it true..?
Ooh, the toasters are awesome. I don’t have one, but I’ve seen tons of videos online of people who do have them. They are a little pricey but steam your bread while toasting it to keep the inside really fluffy but the outside crisp.

YYCole
Regular
Regular

Post by YYCole » Thu, 25 Aug 2022 9:25 pm

The toaster is awesome. I have one and i love it! It actually keeps the bread moist by steaming it and then toasting the external to make it crisp! Pricy but worth every single cent

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Fri, 26 Aug 2022 11:28 am

YYCole wrote:
Thu, 25 Aug 2022 9:25 pm
The toaster is awesome. I have one and i love it! It actually keeps the bread moist by steaming it and then toasting the external to make it crisp! Pricy but worth every single cent

Did you buy it in Singapore? I saw the online websites selling for $200+. Not sure if this is their usual price..?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Aug 2022 3:51 pm

I think YYCole is off a bit. Poster should at least read the thread to keep from looking like a total knob. Poster virtually copies Lisa's post just above his replay and makes like a parrot. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:10 am

YYCole wrote:
I can’t help but suspect that this is a spammer, it’s basically the same as my post, with a couple of words changed.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:11 am

abbby wrote:
Fri, 26 Aug 2022 11:28 am
YYCole wrote:

Did you buy it in Singapore? I saw the online websites selling for $200+. Not sure if this is their usual price..?
$200 is already considered a good price, on bigger sites like Shopee, they are going for $395, a discount from the original price of $499.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:12 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 26 Aug 2022 3:51 pm
I think YYCole is off a bit. Poster should at least read the thread to keep from looking like a total knob. Poster virtually copies Lisa's post just above his replay and makes like a parrot. :roll:
My thoughts exactly! Any idea if it is a scammer?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 27 Aug 2022 1:29 pm

I'm keeping an eye on it, but as it's a local iSP address, I cannot really just whack it as being blur is not considered a breach of protocol or rules here as we have all witnessed many times. But I tend to hold back whacking local addresses unless blatant soliciting/advertising. After all it might be some school kid on daddy's PC while daddy's in the bedroom taking care of business or it could be a local troll wannabe. Time will tell..... :cool: :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Sat, 27 Aug 2022 8:17 pm

Ever since I came to Singapore I have always used TFAL brand toasters (for sliced bread / bagels). It all started when an expat was leaving and sold me his used toaster for $20, and I was impressed at how good it was. I’ve only bought another two TFAL toasters since then - they always seem to last > 10 years.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 28 Aug 2022 2:27 am

malcontent wrote:
Sat, 27 Aug 2022 8:17 pm
Ever since I came to Singapore I have always used TFAL brand toasters (for sliced bread / bagels). It all started when an expat was leaving and sold me his used toaster for $20, and I was impressed at how good it was. I’ve only bought another two TFAL toasters since then - they always seem to last > 10 years.
I have a toaster, but it’s a white elephant. I basically air fry everything that I would usually put in the toaster, I find that it does a much better job of keeping the outsides crisp and the insides fluffy, and does so at a fraction of the time since it’s basically a small convection oven. Also great because it can steam and fry.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 28 Aug 2022 2:28 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 27 Aug 2022 1:29 pm
I'm keeping an eye on it, but as it's a local iSP address, I cannot really just whack it as being blur is not considered a breach of protocol or rules here as we have all witnessed many times. But I tend to hold back whacking local addresses unless blatant soliciting/advertising. After all it might be some school kid on daddy's PC while daddy's in the bedroom taking care of business or it could be a local troll wannabe. Time will tell..... :cool: :lol:
Oh well, we’ll see if the content of the original post changes in the future.

YYCole
Regular
Regular

Post by YYCole » Sun, 04 Sep 2022 1:45 pm

It actually was what I feel about the toaster. But I take all your pts of posting similar views as to what others have already posted

Return to “General Discussions”