Singapore Expats Forum

Accountant job

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

ABC

Accountant job

Postby ABC » Mon, 04 Apr 2005 4:45 pm

Hi,

I am helping my friend to look for a job as an Accountant. She has not been working for a few months, hence it is quite difficult for her to look for one now. She has 2+ years of experience as an Accountant in public listed companies. As this friend is very dear to me, I am willing to fork out S$1000 to anyone who can successfully recommend an Accountant opening to my friend.

No sleazy companies and only serious and sincere people please!

regards;
HELP

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 04 Apr 2005 6:17 pm

PM me with her CV and I will forward it to the company of registered accountants that does the books for my company.

Postby Guest » Mon, 04 Apr 2005 6:35 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your speedy response. I understand that these bookeeping companies usually only look for Accounts assistant and not Accountants. Do you think it is possible for you to ask them first whether they need Accountants before I forward her CV?

Regards

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 04 Apr 2005 7:56 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your speedy response. I understand that these bookeeping companies usually only look for Accounts assistant and not Accountants. Do you think it is possible for you to ask them first whether they need Accountants before I forward her CV?

Regards

Why?

Postby Guest » Mon, 04 Apr 2005 11:54 pm

Hi,

To make sure that the CV don't fall into the wrong hands. Just to make sure....hope that you don't mind.

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:03 am

Anonymous wrote:To make sure that the CV don't fall into the wrong hands. Just to make sure....hope that you don't mind.

And what will happen if her CV falls into wrong hands? She will be inundated with job offers...?

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 06 Apr 2005 10:13 am

Anonymous wrote:Hi,

To make sure that the CV don't fall into the wrong hands. Just to make sure....hope that you don't mind.

What are the "wrong hands"?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Apr 2005 12:40 pm

Shouldn't this be in Careers & Jobs?

I've seen this situation many times over the past 11 years.

What it usually means, on this small red dot, is that the person is actually still working (contrary to their denial) and they are afraid that you might inadvertently send their CV to their current employer and cause them to break their rice bowl before actually finding a new bowl. This, or possibly the word of mouth being passed around until the current employer finds out.

I think the size of the country has a lot to do with it.

sms