Singapore Expats

Ergonomic chair

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Ergonomic chair

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:18 am

BBCDoc wrote:
Fri, 26 Aug 2022 6:48 am
I worked using a Secretlab gaming chair in the early pandemic, it was really bad for posture.

I swapped for a used Herman Miller Aeron chair from an online supplier (lot of offices shut and liquidated assets that time) and it helped significantly.

The kicker was a few months before the pandemic, our office upgraded all chairs and we could have taken one home for $50 but didn’t see the need then…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, secret lab chairs aren’t nearly as good for posture as one may think, though they are heavily padded and look sort of like racing chairs. How much did you end up paying?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:20 am

malcontent wrote:
Sat, 14 May 2022 1:26 am
Once Covid hit I pushed my employer to allow us to bring our chairs home from the office. Took a few months, but they finally approved, just have to fill out a form and authorize it. Just before Covid they had replaced our chairs with new Steelcase Leap chairs — no point letting them sit in the office collecting dust. Not the perfect chair, but they are nice.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006H1QYBA/re ... 64RD7HZ741
Have you not gone back to the office by now? My workplace is currently on a hybrid arrangement, to compulsory days in office but the other three can be worked from home.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:51 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:20 am
malcontent wrote:
Once Covid hit I pushed my employer to allow us to bring our chairs home from the office. Took a few months, but they finally approved, just have to fill out a form and authorize it. Just before Covid they had replaced our chairs with new Steelcase Leap chairs — no point letting them sit in the office collecting dust. Not the perfect chair, but they are nice.

Have you not gone back to the office by now? My workplace is currently on a hybrid arrangement, to compulsory days in office but the other three can be worked from home.
Nothing hard or compulsory, but 2-3 days is encouraged… in practice, people are coming in 1-2 days a week from my best estimate. I have yet to come in more than once per week. After proving WFH effectiveness, it’s hard to justify making it compulsory.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 27 Aug 2022 2:06 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:15 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 13 May 2022 10:38 pm
I don't have aircon so Secretlab is out of the question. too bloody hot and more expensive than the Ergotune as well. The ergotune has open weave mesh backing and seat so is pretty cool. I have a friend with one and I've tried it out. it also has something like 11 or 14 adjustment points and with a 12 year guarantee, it blows the competition out of the office. I'm currently sitting on a rolling furnace. An old DXRACER gaming chair that was doG knows how old when I recycled it. It has almost completely shed all of the outer PU layer and on its 3rd or 4th set of wheels, cannibalized from discarded gaming chairs here in the estate, of which three of the 5 wheels currently look like snow tires as the outer layer have disintegrated. :cool:
No Aircon? How do you survive!
I came here from the Atchafalaya Swamps of south Louisiana (but prior to that from MD where in Baltimore and DC reach temps in the low 40 during the dog days of summer. Louisiana also most temps in the summer were in the upper 30's/low 40's but often with 100% humidity resembling a tropical rainforest. So, when I came here were the temp was basically a constant 32-33 year 'round. I though I was in heaven (never used aircon in the US either). Here spent first 15 years in Seletar Camp with 14 ft ceiling in the old british black & whites and big ceiling fans with open ventilation. My skin, stays moist, my sinuses never give me problem, and I do NOT get sick. I've never had a cold or the flu. Now injuries and accidents and hereditary shit is a different story and makes no difference aircon or otherwise. I've had both covid and dengue (dengue in 21 & covid in early 22 but the dengue only minor symptoms, the covid asymptomatic. I do not like aircon and hated working in my office to the point where I kept the office door closed and turn up the aircon to 24 usually - was also a good way to keep malingerers out of my office as well. :lol: :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 28 Aug 2022 2:33 am

Sat, 27 Aug 2022 2:06 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:15 am
Fri, 13 May 2022 10:38 pm
I don't have aircon so Secretlab is out of the question. too bloody hot and more expensive than the Ergotune as well. The ergotune has open weave mesh backing and seat so is pretty cool. I have a friend with one and I've tried it out. it also has something like 11 or 14 adjustment points and with a 12 year guarantee, it blows the competition out of the office. I'm currently sitting on a rolling furnace. An old DXRACER gaming chair that was doG knows how old when I recycled it. It has almost completely shed all of the outer PU layer and on its 3rd or 4th set of wheels, cannibalized from discarded gaming chairs here in the estate, of which three of the 5 wheels currently look like snow tires as the outer layer have disintegrated. :cool:
No Aircon? How do you survive!
I came here from the Atchafalaya Swamps of south Louisiana (but prior to that from MD where in Baltimore and DC reach temps in the low 40 during the dog days of summer. Louisiana also most temps in the summer were in the upper 30's/low 40's but often with 100% humidity resembling a tropical rainforest. So, when I came here were the temp was basically a constant 32-33 year 'round. I though I was in heaven (never used aircon in the US either). Here spent first 15 years in Seletar Camp with 14 ft ceiling in the old british black & whites and big ceiling fans with open ventilation. My skin, stays moist, my sinuses never give me problem, and I do NOT get sick. I've never had a cold or the flu. Now injuries and accidents and hereditary shit is a different story and makes no difference aircon or otherwise. I've had both covid and dengue (dengue in 21 & covid in early 22 but the dengue only minor symptoms, the covid asymptomatic. I do not like aircon and hated working in my office to the point where I kept the office door closed and turn up the aircon to 24 usually - was also a good way to keep malingerers out of my office as well. :lol: :cool:
Times like this I reminded that everything is relative, never really thought Of Singapore as being cooler than the US. Personally, I am the exact opposite. I run hot so the aircon is on practically all day long, much like in most American households. I’m trying to wean myself off it just to be a little more environmentally conscious but it’s difficult.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 28 Aug 2022 2:34 am

malcontent wrote:
Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:51 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:20 am
malcontent wrote:

Nothing hard or compulsory, but 2-3 days is encouraged… in practice, people are coming in 1-2 days a week from my best estimate. I have yet to come in more than once per week. After proving WFH effectiveness, it’s hard to justify making it compulsory.
My thoughts exactly. This is one good thing that came out of Covid, without a pandemic there would never have been a good reason to give this a go.

YYCole
Regular
Regular

Post by YYCole » Sun, 04 Sep 2022 1:47 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:17 am
YYCole wrote:
Thu, 25 Aug 2022 9:29 pm
quite a number of herman miller on sale in Singapore
They are crazy expensive though! Definitely an investment.
Yeah, therefore i always try to get it off carousell, there are some which are sub 800 available at times, and can be potentially a good buy. Size and functionality are what i also pay attention to

mozarella99

Post by mozarella99 » Tue, 06 Sep 2022 10:18 am

Hey Abby - you could try this one from Secret Lab. It's a mesh office chair. I use it myself and the experience thus far has been good. It's well built and quite sturdy. Also unlike the usual secret lab chairs - it's far less flashy and "gamer" looking.

https://secretlab.sg/collections/neue

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 06 Sep 2022 5:23 pm

Has a multiple year guarantee from 3 to 5 to 12 years depending on which part of the chair. It is also NOT a Secret Lab chair. It is from a different company with a different location and Secret Lab is acting as one of their distributors. But he is right. It looks like a virtual copy of the Ergo-Tune but doesn't have the track record yet. Might be a good chair if it were several hundred cheaper. $900+ is a bit much for my wallet on a virtual unknown.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 18 Sep 2022 12:35 am

YYCole wrote:
Sun, 04 Sep 2022 1:47 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
YYCole wrote:
Thu, 25 Aug 2022 9:29 pm
quite a number of herman miller on sale in Singapore
Yeah, therefore i always try to get it off carousell, there are some which are sub 800 available at times, and can be potentially a good buy. Size and functionality are what i also pay attention to
I’ve been really intrigued by kneeling chairs recently, they’re exactly what they sound like, and are supposed to promote a more intuitive seating position, which reduces fatigue and soreness. They are a little expensive though, and not readily available in Singapore so I’ll have to think about whether I really want it before getting it.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 18 Sep 2022 12:36 am

mozarella99 wrote:
Tue, 06 Sep 2022 10:18 am
Hey Abby - you could try this one from Secret Lab. It's a mesh office chair. I use it myself and the experience thus far has been good. It's well built and quite sturdy. Also unlike the usual secret lab chairs - it's far less flashy and "gamer" looking.

https://secretlab.sg/collections/neue
I don’t mean to offend, but doesn’t this look like any other office chair that comes with the job? For $914 it hardly seems worth it.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 18 Sep 2022 12:36 am

Tue, 06 Sep 2022 5:23 pm
Has a multiple year guarantee from 3 to 5 to 12 years depending on which part of the chair. It is also NOT a Secret Lab chair. It is from a different company with a different location and Secret Lab is acting as one of their distributors. But he is right. It looks like a virtual copy of the Ergo-Tune but doesn't have the track record yet. Might be a good chair if it were several hundred cheaper. $900+ is a bit much for my wallet on a virtual unknown.
$900 is too much for any chair if I’m paying for it myself.

YYCole
Regular
Regular

Post by YYCole » Sun, 18 Sep 2022 10:17 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 18 Sep 2022 12:35 am
YYCole wrote:
Lisafuller wrote:

I’ve been really intrigued by kneeling chairs recently, they’re exactly what they sound like, and are supposed to promote a more intuitive seating position, which reduces fatigue and soreness. They are a little expensive though, and not readily available in Singapore so I’ll have to think about whether I really want it before getting it.
I saw a lot of IG and FB ads on these kneeling chair. Im not too sure how long i can sit on it a day. I think i can do it for a max of 30 min and i will need a normal chair.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 18 Sep 2022 9:33 pm

YYCole wrote:
Sun, 18 Sep 2022 10:17 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 18 Sep 2022 12:35 am
YYCole wrote:

I saw a lot of IG and FB ads on these kneeling chair. Im not too sure how long i can sit on it a day. I think i can do it for a max of 30 min and i will need a normal chair.
Seems like it’s really comfy though - I’d imagine it’s somewhat similar to a rocking chair, except you’re leaning forward. Another one that I’ve seen is fully reconfigurable, so you’re able to turn the chair from a kneeling one into a regular (albeit odd looking) office chair.

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Tue, 01 Nov 2022 8:49 am

Lisafuller wrote:
YYCole wrote:
Lisafuller wrote:
You can get kneeling chairs at the Tan Boon Liat building, Hommage.

Seems comfy initially, but not sure what effect of several hours will be.

I tend to doze off in some long winded conf calls too, so some back support is essential to stop me falling off…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”