Singapore Expats

Ergonomic chair

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Ergonomic chair

Post by abbby » Fri, 13 May 2022 10:16 am

Can anyone recommend a a good ergonomic chair for home use..?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

AmandaCollins

Re: Ergonomic chair

Post by AmandaCollins » Fri, 13 May 2022 3:30 pm

Can buy ergonomic chair from here - Office Chair SG

Quite good, and there's free delivery for above $150.

I gotten this ergonomic chair - https://warehaus.sg/furnitures/office-a ... fice-chair

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 13 May 2022 4:42 pm

You only get a 6 month warranty with those cheap chinese made chairs. Go with ErgoTune. They have a 12 YEAR extended warranty. No I don't have one. Yet. But my old gaming chair is on it last set of wheels and I'll be replacing it with an ErgoTune as I've test rode most of them already. Go to their site and seen their certifications and user opinions and also read some of the reviews against the other major contenders here in Singapore. If you watch them for a while they often have good sales especially during major Singapore Festival/holidays, etc.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 13 May 2022 6:26 pm

no secretlab SMS?
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 13 May 2022 10:38 pm

I don't have aircon so Secretlab is out of the question. too bloody hot and more expensive than the Ergotune as well. The ergotune has open weave mesh backing and seat so is pretty cool. I have a friend with one and I've tried it out. it also has something like 11 or 14 adjustment points and with a 12 year guarantee, it blows the competition out of the office. I'm currently sitting on a rolling furnace. An old DXRACER gaming chair that was doG knows how old when I recycled it. It has almost completely shed all of the outer PU layer and on its 3rd or 4th set of wheels, cannibalized from discarded gaming chairs here in the estate, of which three of the 5 wheels currently look like snow tires as the outer layer have disintegrated. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Sat, 14 May 2022 1:26 am

Once Covid hit I pushed my employer to allow us to bring our chairs home from the office. Took a few months, but they finally approved, just have to fill out a form and authorize it. Just before Covid they had replaced our chairs with new Steelcase Leap chairs — no point letting them sit in the office collecting dust. Not the perfect chair, but they are nice.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006H1QYBA/re ... 64RD7HZ741
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Sun, 15 May 2022 9:58 am

Steelcase looks like a good quality ergonomic chair..
Is secret lab ergonomic? Or solely gamers chair?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

YYCole
Regular
Regular

Post by YYCole » Thu, 25 Aug 2022 9:29 pm

quite a number of herman miller on sale in Singapore

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 25 Aug 2022 9:52 pm

Overpriced. ErgoTune much better for much less (can buy 3 for the price of a Herman Miller).

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Fri, 26 Aug 2022 6:48 am

I worked using a Secretlab gaming chair in the early pandemic, it was really bad for posture.

I swapped for a used Herman Miller Aeron chair from an online supplier (lot of offices shut and liquidated assets that time) and it helped significantly.

The kicker was a few months before the pandemic, our office upgraded all chairs and we could have taken one home for $50 but didn’t see the need then…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Aug 2022 3:22 pm

I'm currently using an ancient DXRacer on it's 5th set of wheels and no more pu on the seating/back (dumpster rescue about a year before I retired. I relieve other dumpster chairs for their wheels. I've researched the ErgoTune and tried out my son's so I'm pretty much sold on them and the review/comparisons are pretty darn good. Son has said he'd buy me one for Xmas. Told him to wait & see. But yeah, I find gaming chairs not very comfortable at all (but I have to admit this one I am using was not designed for someone in my weight class (more like the trim average chinese male not yet in NS). But yeah, If I could find a good used or refurbished Aeron for $150 or so I'd probably jump on it. I definitely want a webbed seat & back as I don't have aircon in my house. The one I'm using now is hot as hell!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:13 am

AmandaCollins wrote:
Fri, 13 May 2022 3:30 pm
Can buy ergonomic chair from here - Office Chair SG

Quite good, and there's free delivery for above $150.

I gotten this ergonomic chair - https://warehaus.sg/furnitures/office-a ... fice-chair
These are not very good quality, materials are typically quite cheap and they don’t have long warranty periods to cover repairs.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:14 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 13 May 2022 4:42 pm
You only get a 6 month warranty with those cheap chinese made chairs. Go with ErgoTune. They have a 12 YEAR extended warranty. No I don't have one. Yet. But my old gaming chair is on it last set of wheels and I'll be replacing it with an ErgoTune as I've test rode most of them already. Go to their site and seen their certifications and user opinions and also read some of the reviews against the other major contenders here in Singapore. If you watch them for a while they often have good sales especially during major Singapore Festival/holidays, etc.
My colleague has one! Says it’s much better than the old chair, though to be fair the old chair was a piece of crap. I personally use a brandless chair gifted by the company couple years back, incredibly well cushioned but quite bulky, more like a throne.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:15 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 13 May 2022 10:38 pm
I don't have aircon so Secretlab is out of the question. too bloody hot and more expensive than the Ergotune as well. The ergotune has open weave mesh backing and seat so is pretty cool. I have a friend with one and I've tried it out. it also has something like 11 or 14 adjustment points and with a 12 year guarantee, it blows the competition out of the office. I'm currently sitting on a rolling furnace. An old DXRACER gaming chair that was doG knows how old when I recycled it. It has almost completely shed all of the outer PU layer and on its 3rd or 4th set of wheels, cannibalized from discarded gaming chairs here in the estate, of which three of the 5 wheels currently look like snow tires as the outer layer have disintegrated. :cool:
No Aircon? How do you survive!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 27 Aug 2022 12:17 am

YYCole wrote:
Thu, 25 Aug 2022 9:29 pm
quite a number of herman miller on sale in Singapore
They are crazy expensive though! Definitely an investment.

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”