Singapore Expats

LTVP for spouse- process time and chance of getting it in 2022

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sa_lla

LTVP for spouse- process time and chance of getting it in 2022

Post by sa_lla » Thu, 12 May 2022 12:01 am

Hello!
I am seeking for you guys’ advice and thoughts about LTVP process time/chance of getting it in 2022. Thanks in advance for reading thru my question :)

We have applied for LTVP just about 6 weeks ago but the status still says “receiving attention.” If any of you have experienced (or experiencing) this, how long do you think it will take to be processed?

Our profile:
been together for 3 yrs and 9 months (when we applied for LTVP). we passed the pre-marriage LTVP assessment before our ROM!

My husband
- Singapore citizen (Chinese by race)
- bachelor’s degree holder from American university
- 26 yrs old
- working in Sg (salary around 4K/mo)

Me (spouse)
- Japanese citizen
- bachelor’s degree from American university
- 24 yrs old
- currently studying postgraduate diploma in Sg (so I’m on student pass right now, graduating in June 2022)

Because I already have a job starting after my graduation, I really have to secure my LTVP (I didn’t mention that I have a job offer during the LTVP application)

Does any of you have idea the chance of getting LTVP for our case? Arigato for helps :)

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Re: LTVP for spouse- process time and chance of getting it in 2022

Post by MOCHS » Thu, 12 May 2022 7:54 am

If you searched the LTVP topics in page 2 & 3 of this board, you will know LTVP processing time is taking longer than usual now. We saw someone apply LTVP for spouse on Dec 2021 and got approved around Mar/Apr 2022.

Maybe other departments are being roped in for the overwhelming passport renewal requests?

Since you have the PMLA, most likely will get LTVP. Just need to keep waiting like everyone else.

makanbanyak

Post by makanbanyak » Wed, 18 May 2022 2:41 pm

Hey sa_lla, I think we applied around the same time so just wanna share my experience here.

Our profile:

Me
- Malaysian Chinese
- early 30s
- no income for now but have worked/studied in SG for around 10 years. Previously EP/student visa holder

My Husband
- Chinese SC
- early 30s
- Degree holder, working in IT

PMLA approved late 2021. ROM in March 2022.

31 March 2022: Submitted LTVP application.

9 May 2022 (the 6th week): Called ICA to check status. The person mentioned that LTVP processing time now takes 6-8 weeks and suggested writing an email to ICA if we wanna make an expedite request (include info like names, ID no., reason for the request, etc.). We wrote an email to ICA that evening.

10 May 2022: Checked the application status online and saw that it's been approved in principle (pending documents). Did the medical exam on the same day.
The approval is not due to the email we sent because we only received an email reply from ICA 10 days later stating that when they checked my application, it' has been approved.

12 May 2022: Collected the medical report. Submitted report and t&c. Status changed to document received.

[Updated]19 May 2022: Checked the application status online and saw it's been updated to pending payment. Paid $60 and booked the earliest appointment available (mid June).

Saw another post stating that the earliest available appointment at ICA is probably more than 1 month from now, you might want to take this into consideration as well.

Hope this helps!

PV2022

Post by PV2022 » Sat, 04 Jun 2022 9:11 am

Hey sa_lla, did you put in your application has it been approved? We put in my husbands application on 18 April and sadly it’s still receiving attention at 7 :(

enola

Post by enola » Wed, 08 Jun 2022 1:07 pm

PV2022 wrote:
Sat, 04 Jun 2022 9:11 am
Hey sa_lla, did you put in your application has it been approved? We put in my husbands application on 18 April and sadly it’s still receiving attention at 7 :(
I applied for my wife in mid-March, and it took almost 2 months before the status change. ICA is overloaded.