Singapore Expats

Can I walk in for LTVP completion?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
ramacpr
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 11:37 am

Can I walk in for LTVP completion?

Post by ramacpr » Wed, 11 May 2022 11:16 am

Hi All,
I have already booked an appointment for the same but its more than a month later. However, due to various personal and work reasons I need to get the LTVP ASAP.
So now that all covid restrictions have been removed, I was wondering if I can just walk in without an appointment?
Please help me.

Regards!

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 888
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 8:43 pm
Answers: 2

Re: Can I walk in for LTVP completion?

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 11 May 2022 2:30 pm

You can try but maybe you’ll be turned away, who knows? If everyone who urgently wanted their passes walked in without an appointment, ICA will be overwhelmed, no?

From what I read, you have to be in the queue before the building opens. If you go at a much later timing, maybe they won’t entertain your request.

ramacpr
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 11:37 am

Re: Can I walk in for LTVP completion?

Post by ramacpr » Wed, 22 Jun 2022 11:19 pm

An update on this. I mailed ICA and explained my situation and they gave me a time slot where I could walk in. I had to wait for 2 hours there.
I have to tell you... Singapore's government has a great infrastructure to be as responsive and help as they can.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6211
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: Can I walk in for LTVP completion?

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 23 Jun 2022 4:07 am

You’ve got to give it to them for at the very least always being efficient and responsive. The same thing is happening with passport renewal now, even though they are taking months to renew online those who need their passports urgently have the option to walk in and get it done on the same day.

User avatar
NurulNabilah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 11:33 am

Re: Can I walk in for LTVP completion?

Post by NurulNabilah » Fri, 15 Jul 2022 11:38 am

Hi may I know what time you came to ICA to try for the walk-in appointment for the ltvp completion? I emailed the ICA as well but they asked me to come from 2pm to 4pm to try if they will allow for walk in appointment.

RikoSu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 5:34 pm

Re: Can I walk in for LTVP completion?

Post by RikoSu » Fri, 19 Aug 2022 4:02 pm

ramacpr wrote:
Wed, 22 Jun 2022 11:19 pm
An update on this. I mailed ICA and explained my situation and they gave me a time slot where I could walk in. I had to wait for 2 hours there.
I have to tell you... Singapore's government has a great infrastructure to be as responsive and help as they can.

Hey! May I ask what day and time did you go there for the walk in? ICA seems to be super busy and cant reply their emails... Also, when you arrived at ICA, were you able to go in by just letting them know you were there for the completion of formalities without an appointment? I am about to do the same as my appointment is 3 months later so any advice will be super! thanks!

therat
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1014
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 2:23 pm
Answers: 2

Re: Can I walk in for LTVP completion?

Post by therat » Fri, 19 Aug 2022 4:29 pm

RikoSu wrote:
Fri, 19 Aug 2022 4:02 pm
ramacpr wrote:
Wed, 22 Jun 2022 11:19 pm
An update on this. I mailed ICA and explained my situation and they gave me a time slot where I could walk in. I had to wait for 2 hours there.
I have to tell you... Singapore's government has a great infrastructure to be as responsive and help as they can.

Hey! May I ask what day and time did you go there for the walk in? ICA seems to be super busy and cant reply their emails... Also, when you arrived at ICA, were you able to go in by just letting them know you were there for the completion of formalities without an appointment? I am about to do the same as my appointment is 3 months later so any advice will be super! thanks!
His status
Last active:Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:41 pm

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 888
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 8:43 pm
Answers: 2

Re: Can I walk in for LTVP completion?

Post by MOCHS » Fri, 19 Aug 2022 4:47 pm

RikoSu wrote:
Fri, 19 Aug 2022 4:02 pm
Hey! May I ask what day and time did you go there for the walk in? ICA seems to be super busy and cant reply their emails... Also, when you arrived at ICA, were you able to go in by just letting them know you were there for the completion of formalities without an appointment? I am about to do the same as my appointment is 3 months later so any advice will be super! thanks!
Many people have already advised you that yes, you can walk in as long as you ask nicely & explain. You don’t need to worry so much and dig up old threads.

Line up before the door opens and maybe it might take at least 3 hours. You and your spouse should just be on leave for the entire day just in case of delays.

This member did take three attempts for walk-ins.

RikoSu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 5:34 pm

Re: Can I walk in for LTVP completion?

Post by RikoSu » Fri, 19 Aug 2022 5:38 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Fri, 19 Aug 2022 4:47 pm
RikoSu wrote:
Fri, 19 Aug 2022 4:02 pm
Hey! May I ask what day and time did you go there for the walk in? ICA seems to be super busy and cant reply their emails... Also, when you arrived at ICA, were you able to go in by just letting them know you were there for the completion of formalities without an appointment? I am about to do the same as my appointment is 3 months later so any advice will be super! thanks!
Many people have already advised you that yes, you can walk in as long as you ask nicely & explain. You don’t need to worry so much and dig up old threads.

Line up before the door opens and maybe it might take at least 3 hours. You and your spouse should just be on leave for the entire day just in case of delays.

This member did take three attempts for walk-ins.
But see, I am worried thus digging up old threads to see what are others' experiences as all of them are so different. Thanks for the link to the 2019 case. :)

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 888
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 8:43 pm
Answers: 2

Re: Can I walk in for LTVP completion?

Post by MOCHS » Fri, 19 Aug 2022 5:44 pm

If you don’t try walking in, you’ll never get the LTVP completed earlier than what you want.

The best thing that happens is you get your LTVP on the same day you walk in.

The worst thing that can happen is you’re denied a Q number. That’s all. Your IPA is not expired and they won’t throw you out of the country as long your current pass is still valid. You just have to try queuing early again.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests