PayNow is not immediate?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Post Reply
User avatar
abbby
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1704
Joined: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 3:00 am
Answers: 2
Location: Tiny Island

PayNow is not immediate?

Post by abbby » Mon, 09 May 2022 6:58 pm

Supposed to have an incoming payment but after 30 mins there's still not payment. Whats the time frame usually to receive via PayNow?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

User avatar
malcontent
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Answers: 1
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: PayNow is not immediate?

Post by malcontent » Mon, 09 May 2022 10:31 pm

abbby wrote:
Mon, 09 May 2022 6:58 pm
Supposed to have an incoming payment but after 30 mins there's still not payment. Whats the time frame usually to receive via PayNow?
Was it via your phone number? Have you registered your phone number in your banking app?
It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters ~ Epictetus

Cjosh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 11:46 am

Re: PayNow is not immediate?

Post by Cjosh » Tue, 21 Jun 2022 12:20 pm

You usually receive it immediately. However, at times the messaging/email system might be slower and it will come after 10-15 minutes.

To be safe, u can check the bank account linked to your paynow to confirm.

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 3199
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PayNow is not immediate?

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 21 Jun 2022 7:54 pm

abbby wrote:
Mon, 09 May 2022 6:58 pm
Supposed to have an incoming payment but after 30 mins there's still not payment. Whats the time frame usually to receive via PayNow?
Used to be immediate but now it says “submitted” instead of successful and the payment is received shortly after.

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 3199
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PayNow is not immediate?

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 21 Jun 2022 7:55 pm

malcontent wrote:
Mon, 09 May 2022 10:31 pm
abbby wrote:
Mon, 09 May 2022 6:58 pm
Supposed to have an incoming payment but after 30 mins there's still not payment. Whats the time frame usually to receive via PayNow?
Was it via your phone number? Have you registered your phone number in your banking app?
Also depends what bank you use - I use UOB which is not immediate whereas my friends and colleagues who use DBS tend to have the payment go through instantly.

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 3199
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PayNow is not immediate?

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 21 Jun 2022 7:55 pm

Cjosh wrote:
Tue, 21 Jun 2022 12:20 pm
You usually receive it immediately. However, at times the messaging/email system might be slower and it will come after 10-15 minutes.

To be safe, u can check the bank account linked to your paynow to confirm.
Actually you may be right. Perhaps it is not the payment that is delayed but rather the notification.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Business in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests