Singapore Expats

Orchard Tower- Warning!

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
anne.lim
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 09 May 2022 2:25 pm

Orchard Tower- Warning!

Post by anne.lim » Mon, 09 May 2022 2:28 pm

Dear Orchard Tower's explorers and fans,

What I am writing here may not stop you going there. I am also prepared for receiving negative comments from someone those think they are smart or wise. But, I still hope that I can help some other people to stay alert and avoid such place. I believe in sharing information and experience that can help someone.

For any reasons intriguing us to go to Orchard tower, we take a risk and be responsible for our own choice. So, if there is any bad things to us, we are the first person to be claimed for making a wrong decision. However, nobody deserves any misfortune, especially when we lose our consciousness. There are always hidden dangers in some bars and night clubs that we may or may not know. While we can’t predict when we are unlucky to be a victim, we can be wiser to chose better bars/clubs to go.

I can provide the bank transaction alerts showing my case. It is just an example of those bad things (more worse things) that have been happening in bars in Orchard Tower.
Personally I think It is ridiculous to be charged for the same amounts in few minutes. Do you believe two men with/without two or three girls can drink SGD 300-400 of BEERS in few minutes, SGD 800 in less than an hour?
1:25am SGD 207.60
1:27am SGD 207.60
1:51am SDG 192.60
2:04am SGD 192.60

Again, when we decide to go there, we are responsible for anything happening to us. But, I hope that who read it can help yourself or your loved ones to avoid being another victim. Camera can show something but can’t not speak for us in some situation.

Best regards,
J

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 7:13 am
Answers: 23

Re: Orchard Tower- Warning!

Post by Myasis Dragon » Mon, 09 May 2022 10:03 pm

Always pay cash when you go to clip joints.

User avatar
subashgk007
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 10:40 pm

Orchard Tower- Warning!

Post by subashgk007 » Mon, 09 May 2022 10:44 pm

330ml beer is charged around 45+sgd per bottle in almost all the bars in Orchard tower.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9088
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Orchard Tower- Warning!

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 10 May 2022 10:34 am

Mmm; Subash I don't quite recall it being quite that bad. Those look like lady drink prices. The last two places I ever went in was the Imapema and Bali Hai bar and they were not clip joints (as in you could order a normal drink). Saying that post pandemic they may be going nuts on prices to recover their lost earnings. Saying that the Drunken Poet and Muddys next door are perfectly normal pubs charging normal prices *$14 for a tiger bottle ++

If you're going to go into OT late at night (which is not recommended) make sure YOU order your drink directly from the wait staff (don't let some floozy do it because she'll get a commission) and carry a lot of loose change and pay the exact bill (because you'll never get change). Never leave your card behind the bar. Also leave before you're too pissed to think straight.

Also pre game if you want to make a night of it i.e. have a few drinks at home or a hawker stall first.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9088
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Orchard Tower- Warning!

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 10 May 2022 10:37 am

anne.lim wrote:
Mon, 09 May 2022 2:28 pm
Dear Orchard Tower's explorers and fans,

What I am writing here may not stop you going there. I am also prepared for receiving negative comments from someone those think they are smart or wise. But, I still hope that I can help some other people to stay alert and avoid such place. I believe in sharing information and experience that can help someone.

For any reasons intriguing us to go to Orchard tower, we take a risk and be responsible for our own choice. So, if there is any bad things to us, we are the first person to be claimed for making a wrong decision. However, nobody deserves any misfortune, especially when we lose our consciousness. There are always hidden dangers in some bars and night clubs that we may or may not know. While we can’t predict when we are unlucky to be a victim, we can be wiser to chose better bars/clubs to go.

I can provide the bank transaction alerts showing my case. It is just an example of those bad things (more worse things) that have been happening in bars in Orchard Tower.
Personally I think It is ridiculous to be charged for the same amounts in few minutes. Do you believe two men with/without two or three girls can drink SGD 300-400 of BEERS in few minutes, SGD 800 in less than an hour?
1:25am SGD 207.60
1:27am SGD 207.60
1:51am SDG 192.60
2:04am SGD 192.60

Again, when we decide to go there, we are responsible for anything happening to us. But, I hope that who read it can help yourself or your loved ones to avoid being another victim. Camera can show something but can’t not speak for us in some situation.

Best regards,
J
Looks like double charging. I'd dispute it with your bank as they may agree. See if they can show signed slips. Avoid using paywave in those places. My NETS card doesn't do paywave so I have to plug it in and enter the pin which prevents double charging.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

User avatar
abbby
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2007
Joined: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 3:00 am
Answers: 2
Location: Tiny Island

Re: Orchard Tower- Warning!

Post by abbby » Fri, 13 May 2022 10:18 am

That's a good idea on using NETS.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9088
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Orchard Tower- Warning!

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 13 May 2022 10:20 am

abbby wrote:
Fri, 13 May 2022 10:18 am
That's a good idea on using NETS.
A better idea to avoid OT after dark. No respectable non-diver should be in there after dark.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 7:13 am
Answers: 23

Re: Orchard Tower- Warning!

Post by Myasis Dragon » Fri, 13 May 2022 11:12 am

PNGMK wrote:
Fri, 13 May 2022 10:20 am
abbby wrote:
Fri, 13 May 2022 10:18 am
That's a good idea on using NETS.
A better idea to avoid OT after dark. No respectable non-diver should be in there after dark.
OT was/is pretty tame compared to quite a few other places in Singapore. I was taken to a few bars on Duxton Hill. Not only could you get a blow job under the table, if you were actually crazy enough to buy one of the women a (very expensive) drink, you'd instantly have 10 more all grabbing for the old willy and asking for a drink as well. The only place that came even close to this experience was Pancho Villa's Bar in old town Dubai.

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9088
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Orchard Tower- Warning!

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 13 May 2022 11:17 am

There are or were some like that behind Boat Quay.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Entertainment, Leisure & Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests