Singapore Expats

What are you all doing when restrictions are lifted?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: What are you all doing when restrictions are lifted?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Apr 2022 9:21 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 28 Apr 2022 8:58 pm
Hahaha, my dad was born in ‘59, and is the eldest of 4 boys. Still, he was born in the states where HUGE families have never really been a thing.
:D :D :D
"wanna bet?" your Dad and I are both boomers him from the middle and me from the leading edge. My father was the youngest, you guessed it, 7 children. 5 boys and two girls. Dad died 10 years ago and that left only the youngest girl (I don't know if she is still alive or not as she would probably be 95~96 by now. And they were city dwellers as well-mostly it was the farming communities where the large families still existed. my best friend and classmate was the third of 6 children. I think it's where you grew up more than anything. Heavily industrialized areas had fewer children that farming communities where the whole families were the farmhands. That didn't start downsizing until illegal aliens started swimming the Rio Grande in large numbers. :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 28 Apr 2022 9:46 pm

You probably have a point. My dad grew up in a pretty nice white suburb, most families had 2-3 kids, so his family was pretty large in comparison. In certain areas where it’s less industrialized/modern it would be pretty fair to assume birth control/protection is not as talked about so inevitably family sizes are larger.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sat, 30 Apr 2022 10:06 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 26 Apr 2022 11:05 pm
Wd40 wrote:
Tue, 26 Apr 2022 12:06 am
I have a holiday planned in Jun to India, after 2 and half years. I was waiting for all restrictions to be lifted and now that they have been lifted, I am hoping to be able to travel with peace. I hope no more new variants or lockdowns. Touchwood.
Sounds awesome. For the whole family? How long are you planning to be gone?
Thanks, yes whole family, it is school holidays for my daughter. For little more than 3 weeks.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 30 Apr 2022 10:08 pm

Wd40 wrote:
Sat, 30 Apr 2022 10:06 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 26 Apr 2022 11:05 pm
Wd40 wrote:
Tue, 26 Apr 2022 12:06 am
I have a holiday planned in Jun to India, after 2 and half years. I was waiting for all restrictions to be lifted and now that they have been lifted, I am hoping to be able to travel with peace. I hope no more new variants or lockdowns. Touchwood.
Sounds awesome. For the whole family? How long are you planning to be gone?
Thanks. For little more than 3 weeks.
Nice. We’re planning to be gone for the whole of June, maybe even a little more. Would be nice if we could do 2 months.

Titan70

Post by Titan70 » Mon, 26 Sep 2022 4:30 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:43 pm
2 days to the 26th… what are you all looking to get up to when the time comes? I’m looking forward to taking full advantage of the no pax limit, maybe throw a party or go see a concert.
I have gotten so used to staying at home that I am still staying at home. LOL

I did buy tickets for an upcoming comedy event but that's about it.
I like to go out hiking but I was not restricted from doing that anyway, now I can do it w/out having to wear a mask the whole time which is nice.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 27 Sep 2022 2:04 am

Titan70 wrote:
Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:43 pm
2 days to the 26th… what are you all looking to get up to when the time comes? I’m looking forward to taking full advantage of the no pax limit, maybe throw a party or go see a concert.
I have gotten so used to staying at home that I am still staying at home. LOL

I did buy tickets for an upcoming comedy event but that's about it.
I like to go out hiking but I was not restricted from doing that anyway, now I can do it w/out having to wear a mask the whole time which is nice.
We haven’t had to wear masks outdoors for quite some time now, though.