Singapore Expats

What to do with a loud snoring husband?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: What to do with a loud snoring husband?

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 18 Jul 2022 4:39 am

SGBoyxxx wrote:
Sun, 17 Jul 2022 6:25 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 26 May 2022 4:17 am
SGBoyxxx wrote:
Wed, 25 May 2022 10:59 pm

I do grind my teeth, my parents told me so I happen go dentist get a tooth guard it don't help long. lol the tooth guard get torn.
Must not have been a very good one then! Have you tried the soft rubber mouth guards? Doubt they could get torn in the same way plastic ones do.
I doubt rubber will last better than plastic. Nevertheless lol no I never use just let it be. Honestly I find my teeth now in bad shape but well , " let it be , let it be " suddenly recall this nice song.
Goodness, never mess around with oral health. If it’s actually affecting your teeth, I strongly suggest you see a dentist. And I do believe that rubber would last better than plastic, it’s a lot more malleable and flexible of a material so chances are it wouldn’t get scratched up or break as easily.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 18 Jul 2022 4:41 am

smoulder wrote:
Sun, 17 Jul 2022 9:39 pm
SGBoyxxx wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
Wed, 25 May 2022 10:14 pm

you can get an dentist to make a tooth guard that you wear at night.
I do grind my teeth, my parents told me so I happen go dentist get a tooth guard it don't help long. lol the tooth guard get torn.
Yes, that's normal. When it wears out, you get a new guard. It helps you because instead of wearing out your teeth and gums, it wears out the guard. According to one dentist that I spoke to, the guard may help you to reduce your grinding in the long run.
Our daughter used to grind her teeth when she was little, back then we tried using a little face towel but we were worried about her choking on her own saliva or blocking off her air passages and suffocating in her sleep. The dentist we saw at that time said the same thing, that a guard would reduce grinding in the long run. I guess she was right because my daughter no longer grinds her teeth. Either the guard worked, or she just grew up.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 18 Jul 2022 4:43 am

SGBoyxxx wrote:
Sun, 17 Jul 2022 10:47 pm
smoulder wrote:
Sun, 17 Jul 2022 9:39 pm
SGBoyxxx wrote:

Yes, that's normal. When it wears out, you get a new guard. It helps you because instead of wearing out your teeth and gums, it wears out the guard. According to one dentist that I spoke to, the guard may help you to reduce your grinding in the long run.
well true but going to dentist is expensive no doubt health is important.
It may be expensive, but I think that it’s a worthy expense. The last thing you want to do is let your dental problems pile up unnoticed and then have to pay thousands of dollars for emergency treatment or surgery. It’s happened before.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 18 Jul 2022 4:44 am

smoulder wrote:
Mon, 18 Jul 2022 12:11 am
You can get them online as well. My brother in law picked up one for a few bucks on Amazon. You basically set it as per your teeth shape and then that's it - you can use it for as long as it lasts.
I’ve seen some on shopee that come with moulds for you to make your own night guard. I’m not sure how effective those are but if they actually work then they’re probably a really great, inexpensive option, as you’d be able to get a pretty good fit.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 18 Jul 2022 4:45 am

SGBoyxxx wrote:
Mon, 18 Jul 2022 12:57 am
smoulder wrote:
You can get them online as well. My brother in law picked up one for a few bucks on Amazon. You basically set it as per your teeth shape and then that's it - you can use it for as long as it lasts.
huh set it as per your teeth shape?

While I do one at Dental clinic. The dentist use a thing to mould out the shape of my teeth. Than after one week or so , I go back collect and use. This is why expensive.

I do see those in Amazon before never heard can " set it " Because due to the teeth structures is vary from individuals.
You would set it with a mould, similar to what you would get done at the dentist’s office but perhaps with cheaper, more DIY-friendly materials.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Mon, 18 Jul 2022 8:21 am

SGBoyxxx wrote:
smoulder wrote:

While I do one at Dental clinic. The dentist use a thing to mould out the shape of my teeth. Than after one week or so , I go back collect and use. This is why expensive.

I do see those in Amazon before never heard can " set it " Because due to the teeth structures is vary from individuals.
That's my understanding. That he had to bite into it, create the shape and then leave it to set.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Mon, 18 Jul 2022 8:55 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 18 Jul 2022 4:44 am
smoulder wrote:
I’ve seen some on shopee that come with moulds for you to make your own night guard. I’m not sure how effective those are but if they actually work then they’re probably a really great, inexpensive option, as you’d be able to get a pretty good fit.
I think that's the type that my brother in law picked up on Amazon. So far it's worked out well enough considering the low cost.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 22 Jul 2022 2:22 am

smoulder wrote:
Mon, 18 Jul 2022 8:21 am
SGBoyxxx wrote:
smoulder wrote:

That's my understanding. That he had to bite into it, create the shape and then leave it to set.
Yup, that’s the only way you could get anywhere close to a good fit.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 22 Jul 2022 2:23 am

smoulder wrote:
Mon, 18 Jul 2022 8:55 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 18 Jul 2022 4:44 am
smoulder wrote:
I think that's the type that my brother in law picked up on Amazon. So far it's worked out well enough considering the low cost.
Even cheaper on shopee!

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by SGBoyxxx » Sun, 06 Nov 2022 12:35 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Fri, 22 Jul 2022 2:22 am
smoulder wrote:
Mon, 18 Jul 2022 8:21 am
SGBoyxxx wrote:

Yup, that’s the only way you could get anywhere close to a good fit.
:D lol , now I give up....life is short, i just trying to live without care much. As long I still can chew foods. Actually is about " stress " so I trying to be more relax. I heard is due to stress which will trigger grinning the teeth while you sleep.