Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2022

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
esivauee

PR Approval Probability 2022

Post by esivauee » Sun, 17 Apr 2022 1:15 pm

Singapore PR Approval Probability and Inputs for new applicants.

esivauee

Re: PR Approval Probability 2022

Post by esivauee » Sun, 17 Apr 2022 1:24 pm

Hi,

Any thoughts on the PR approval probability in 2022 for my profile ??

Myself:
Nationality : INDIAN
Education: Bachelors in India from premier college, Masters from NUS Singapore - completed MOE tuition bond as well
Length of Stay in Singapore: 7+ years
Work : IT consultant in Financial Industry, (S$ ~180K/year)

Spouse:
Nationality: INDIAN
Education: Bachelors in India, Masters in Singapore
Length of Stay in Singapore: 4 years
Work : HR Admin, S$ 25K/year

Children: 2 year old girl, born in India - haven't been to Singapore yet.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 17 Apr 2022 10:08 pm

You have been busy since all your problems/worries in 2016. Congratulations. Thank you for updating the forum on your success back then. :-? [-( viewtopic.php?p=754969#p754969

You look like a good candidate for PR especially with your local Masters and having fulfilled the bond as well. However, while all things point in the right direction, you are already aware, I am sure, of the difficulties Indians are having gaining PR in the past 3 or 4 years and it's not getting any better and the spill-over is impacting the other demographics as well. So there is that to contend with.

Oh, there is one other thing that they might pick up on and a negative one at that (and it could be deal breaker). You have had one child since you took up a position sometime in 2016~17 while on an EP. You wife has also been here for 4 years and is working as well. But your 2 year old child was born in Indian and in your own words, has never been to Singapore. I'm pretty sure somebody in ICA will ask the same question I would ask. Is the PR for convenience sake (e.g., job security or the ability to last out a lengthy period of no job if it were to come to that) because otherwise it looks to me like you will be trying to play the fool with ICA as it appears to me, that by leaving your child in India you have no real plans to remain in Singapore, therefore if I were ICA I'd reject it in favour of someone who is willing to contribute to the future of the country (e.g. a girl/boy child to possibly become a citizen and produce children or do military service). At the moment, you are definitely sending the wrong signals.

I'd like to be wrong on this one but it's my gut feeling.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

esivauee

Post by esivauee » Fri, 22 Apr 2022 10:58 am

@sundaymorningstaple - Thanks for your reply.

My daughter was born around Oct 2020, which was the time of peak COVID and lockdown and very difficult for us to travel and we need help from parents as getting maids for help was also very difficult. As things are getting eased up, we are bringing our daughter to Singapore now. After a considerable thought, I decided to settle in Singapore due to various factors including standard of living, safety and security.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Apr 2022 11:47 am

Only a suggestion, but I think I would wait until your daughter is in Singapore for at least 12 months before trying and I do think filing as a family is the only way to go in this instance. Let us know how it goes. Good Luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 24 Apr 2022 1:10 am

Ethnicity, length of stay in SG, masters from SG and income are all factors that work in your favor. Applying as a family would probably give you the best chance.

sg2022

Post by sg2022 » Tue, 26 Apr 2022 8:55 am

Hi esivauee,

SG Citizen Indian origin here. I am also an immigrant citizen albeit 2+ decades ahead of you in terms of age with two grown-up children (both working professionals)

Trust me - given your background (race, education, professional experience etc) - you will be much better off applying for Australia or Canada PR and moving there once your Australia/Canada PR gets approved (which it should).

ICA has been giving PR/SC to Indians much less these days. If you wait too long, then it becomes difficult to migrate out once you cross 35.

The UK is also a good choice. If you can find a job in the UK and work there for 5 years, you get UK PR automatically which is not the case in Singapore.

Also, from your children's point of view, raising children in countries like Australia, Canada or UK is much better - far less stressful than Singapore is.

I have seen younger Indian friends who earn 200K+ per year, lived in Singapore for more than 10 years and yet can not get PR. Unfortunately, the Singapore immigration process is very opaque.

My two cents worth. Hope this helps.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Apr 2022 12:35 pm

sg2022, welcome to the board. Excellent and accurate first post. Thank you. This is what they need to hear, coming from one of their own who has been here and through the hoops and has watched the decline from a safe vantage point. :cool:

Ignorant1
Regular
Regular

Post by Ignorant1 » Tue, 26 Apr 2022 3:34 pm

sg2022 wrote:
Tue, 26 Apr 2022 8:55 am
Hi esivauee,

SG Citizen Indian origin here. I am also an immigrant citizen albeit 2+ decades ahead of you in terms of age with two grown-up children (both working professionals)

Trust me - given your background (race, education, professional experience etc) - you will be much better off applying for Australia or Canada PR and moving there once your Australia/Canada PR gets approved (which it should).

ICA has been giving PR/SC to Indians much less these days. If you wait too long, then it becomes difficult to migrate out once you cross 35.

The UK is also a good choice. If you can find a job in the UK and work there for 5 years, you get UK PR automatically which is not the case in Singapore.

Also, from your children's point of view, raising children in countries like Australia, Canada or UK is much better - far less stressful than Singapore is.

I have seen younger Indian friends who earn 200K+ per year, lived in Singapore for more than 10 years and yet can not get PR. Unfortunately, the Singapore immigration process is very opaque.

I agree with this. I tell the same to young Indians who ask me this question .unfortunately it’s late for us to do the same and we keep trying.

If you have Indian passport and want to move out of to India to immigrate.. UK, Canada , Australia are great choices. If you can pick up new languages you can add Germany to the list too.

If idea is to make money , Dubai / Abu Dhabi are great too .

Singapore knows it can pick and choose and unless you are very confident that you will make the cut , it’s just buying lottery .

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 26 Apr 2022 11:44 pm

sg2022 wrote:
Hi esivauee,

Would also probably be a much more laid back environment to raise the kids.

rockstargirl

Post by rockstargirl » Tue, 30 Aug 2022 8:21 pm

sg2022 wrote:
Hi esivauee,

Great suggestion, given my recent experience probably I would follow the same advice. I didn't have my hopes high, but stay here has been great so far along with experience on this forum. Keep up the good work, folks!

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Wed, 31 Aug 2022 7:08 am

sg2022 wrote:
Hi esivauee,

Great advice..hope all these indian normies with indian wives and working take this advice, getting a PR is difficult becoz too many Indian normies are applying each and every year and most of them have no intention to stay here long term, this spoils the apple cart for some indian people like me who haven’t been to India for 7+ Years and have no family/ ties in india

exquisiteee

Post by exquisiteee » Wed, 31 Aug 2022 8:10 am

Hello Everyone,

Grateful for any good souls who is able to provide some advice on approval/rejection probability.

Main applicant:
Nationality: Malaysian
Education: Technical certificate
Length of stay in Singapore: 6+ years
Work: Service industry, medicure and pedicure
Income: $36k/year
Staying in: Singapore

Sponsors:
Husband:
Education: SPM, or Sec5 equivalent
Length of stay in Singapore: 10+ years
Work: Service industry, SBS bus driver
Income: $42k/year
Staying in: JB, travel to and fro daily to work

Children: 4 yo boy and 2 yo girl

Do note that since husband is staying in JB, I also travel once or twice weekly to JB. Not sure if this will actually jeopardise our chances?

Thank you for all inputs.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 31 Aug 2022 11:32 am

exquisiteee wrote:
Wed, 31 Aug 2022 8:10 am
Hello Everyone,

Grateful for any good souls who is able to provide some advice on approval/rejection probability.

Main applicant:
Education: Technical certificate
Length of stay in Singapore: 6+ years
Work: Service industry, medicure and pedicure
Income: $36k/year
Staying in: Singapore

Sponsors:
Husband:
Education: SPM, or Sec5 equivalent
Length of stay in Singapore: 10+ years
Work: Service industry, SBS bus driver
Income: $42k/year
Staying in: JB, travel to and fro daily to work

Children: 4 yo boy and 2 yo girl

Do note that since husband is staying in JB, I also travel once or twice weekly to JB. Not sure if this will actually jeopardise our chances?

Thank you for all inputs.
Overall ok, except for the stay in JB for your husband

exquisiteee

Post by exquisiteee » Wed, 31 Aug 2022 2:52 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 31 Aug 2022 11:32 am
Overall ok, except for the stay in JB for your husband
Does this mean that ICA will actually consider where the applicants stay?