Singapore Expats

PR approval chances 2022

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rockstargirl

PR approval chances 2022

Post by rockstargirl » Tue, 12 Apr 2022 11:35 pm

Hi,

I would like to ask for your advice on my PR chance. Thank you so much!

Nationality: Indian
Race: Indian
Marital status: Single
Applied for: Myself only
Education: Bachelors of Technology, Masters of Technology (Both Computer Science degrees) Top Institute in India, Attending Accelarated Management Program at NUS starting in september
Length of stay in SG: 5 years
Pass type: EP
Salary: ~ S$160k (last assessment)
Work experience: 5 years, all in SG, progression in Job role and scope with one switch
SG Tax Assesment: 4 years, coming to 5

switching job to a slightly higher pay, more responsible role just after starting application - will this impact process?
Appreciate any guidance. Thank you!
by singaporeflyer » Wed, 13 Apr 2022 11:47 pm
rockstargirl wrote:
Tue, 12 Apr 2022 11:35 pm
Hi,

Education: Bachelors of Technology, Masters of Technology (Both Computer Science degrees) Top Institute in India, Attending Accelarated Management Program at NUS starting in september
Work experience: 5 years, all in SG, progression in Job role and scope with one switch

switching job to a slightly higher pay, more responsible role just after starting application - will this impact process?
Your job switch will not have a negative impact. But overall chance is 30 to 40%. Will increase a bit more after you finish your local uni degree.
Go to full post

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chances 2022

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 13 Apr 2022 11:47 pm

rockstargirl wrote:
Hi,

Your job switch will not have a negative impact. But overall chance is 30 to 40%. Will increase a bit more after you finish your local uni degree.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:31 am

Fair chance.

rockstargirl

Post by rockstargirl » Mon, 18 Apr 2022 5:53 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 13 Apr 2022 11:47 pm
rockstargirl wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for suggestion. Due to some reason new employer rescinded the offer shortly after IPA was approved and I agreed to join them after resigning from previous employer. I have other processes ongoing, but in bit tricky situation now due to new employer. What are the chances if I start with a gap of 1 month or so at other place in between? new org did not apply for EP yet.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 18 Apr 2022 9:45 am

rockstargirl wrote:
Mon, 18 Apr 2022 5:53 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
rockstargirl wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for suggestion. Due to some reason new employer rescinded the offer shortly after IPA was approved and I agreed to join them after resigning from previous employer. I have other processes ongoing, but in bit tricky situation now due to new employer. What are the chances if I start with a gap of 1 month or so at other place in between? new org did not apply for EP yet.
If you are without job for 1 month and if PR application in progress during that time - high chance it will be auto cancelled by the System as you are not on EP. Have seen this happen but 100% not sure.

rockstargirl

Post by rockstargirl » Mon, 18 Apr 2022 11:26 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 18 Apr 2022 9:45 am
rockstargirl wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

If you are without job for 1 month and if PR application in progress during that time - high chance it will be auto cancelled by the System as you are not on EP. Have seen this happen but 100% not sure.
Thanks for getting back singaporeflyer. In the scenario of auto cancellation, will applying again after a moving to a new job and reasonable time have any negative impact? throughout my record has been good so far, and I am hopeful to pull out an offer with higher comp/scope than even one that got cancelled before.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 19 Apr 2022 9:09 am

rockstargirl wrote:
Mon, 18 Apr 2022 11:26 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
rockstargirl wrote:

Thanks for getting back singaporeflyer. In the scenario of auto cancellation, will applying again after a moving to a new job and reasonable time have any negative impact? throughout my record has been good so far, and I am hopeful to pull out an offer with higher comp/scope than even one that got cancelled before.
Minimum recommendation would be to apply after at-least 6 payslips from new employer.

HopefulThings

Post by HopefulThings » Tue, 19 Apr 2022 1:22 pm

Nationality: Indian, EP
Marital status: Married (2+ years)
Salary: 200K+ base + equity / bonus
Industry: Team lead at a top US tech company
Experience: 10+ years
Education: BE from top Indian university, Ivy League MBA
Stay in Singapore: Total 4 years, first stint of 2 years before MBA and currently 2 years in SG post MBA
Visa: EP

My spouse: Indian SPR, studied bachelors in a top local uni on scholarship + Ivy League MBA, stay in Singapore 9+ years (excluding gap for MBA)
Salary: $200K+ base + bonus in Financial Services

We had our ROM in Singapore and applied for my PR under spouse scheme 1 year after marriage. Rejected after 15 months. We’ve since bought an appartment (closing in June) and are considering re appealing post transaction completion (we’ll be moving in and staying there as well). The other option we’re considering is for me to apply through the PTS. Any recommendation from the experts here on how best to approach this?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 19 Apr 2022 1:28 pm

HopefulThings wrote:
Tue, 19 Apr 2022 1:22 pm
Stay in Singapore: Total 4 years, first stint of 2 years before MBA and currently 2 years in SG post MBA

My spouse: Indian SPR, studied bachelors in a top local uni on scholarship + Ivy League MBA, stay in Singapore 9+ years (excluding gap for MBA)

We had our ROM in Singapore and applied for my PR under spouse scheme 1 year after marriage. Rejected after 15 months. We’ve since bought an appartment (closing in June) and are considering re appealing post transaction completion (we’ll be moving in and staying there as well). The other option we’re considering is for me to apply through the PTS. Any recommendation from the experts here on how best to approach this?
Apply after 2 years via spouse sponsorship route. I don't think PTS will help you earlier

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Apr 2022 2:49 pm

Anecdotal evidence spanning 17 years on this forum finds that the normally accepted gap between marriage and a PR application is 24 months. Less than that will be generally viewed by ICA as a marriage of convenience. The normal route is an LTVP first until 24 months has passed or staying on an EP if that is the case, again, until 24 months of marriage has elapsed. This normally will preclude marriages of convenience because most (not all) will have a child in the making or will soon have. Thus far this does not seem to be the case, therefore looks more like convenience.

Buying a condo or HDB makes absolutely no difference in a PR application as that is generally only a profit oriented transaction. The government doesn't gain anything. You actually need to take the rejection with a grain of salt and reapply around 24 months from the date of your last rejection. Appeals, unless there was something 'material' to the application and was left out would be the only way an appeal would be entertained. From where I sitting, it could be seen by ICA as a marriage of convenience especially as it was not applied for after 24 months of marriage.

The only thing that might have made a difference in an appeal is if she was positively pregnant at the time of the PR application as it took 15 months for the rejection so the child would have already been born and that would be the only 'potential' reason for a valid appeal as it would have been material if left out on the original PR application, but it seems pretty obvious that that was not the case.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

HopefulThings

Post by HopefulThings » Tue, 19 Apr 2022 10:23 pm

Got it. Super helpful SMS! And thank you for taking the time to post such a thoughtful response. Grateful for all the work that you do!

rockstargirl

Post by rockstargirl » Thu, 21 Apr 2022 8:53 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 19 Apr 2022 9:09 am
rockstargirl wrote:
Mon, 18 Apr 2022 11:26 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:

Minimum recommendation would be to apply after at-least 6 payslips from new employer.
Thank you for taking out time to respond. Grateful to have samaritans at aid.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 22 Apr 2022 7:37 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 19 Apr 2022 2:49 pm
Anecdotal evidence spanning 17 years on this forum finds that the normally accepted gap between marriage and a PR application is 24 months. Less than that will be generally viewed by ICA as a marriage of convenience. The normal route is an LTVP first until 24 months has passed or staying on an EP if that is the case, again, until 24 months of marriage has elapsed. This normally will preclude marriages of convenience because most (not all) will have a child in the making or will soon have. Thus far this does not seem to be the case, therefore looks more like convenience.

Buying a condo or HDB makes absolutely no difference in a PR application as that is generally only a profit oriented transaction. The government doesn't gain anything. You actually need to take the rejection with a grain of salt and reapply around 24 months from the date of your last rejection. Appeals, unless there was something 'material' to the application and was left out would be the only way an appeal would be entertained. From where I sitting, it could be seen by ICA as a marriage of convenience especially as it was not applied for after 24 months of marriage.

The only thing that might have made a difference in an appeal is if she was positively pregnant at the time of the PR application as it took 15 months for the rejection so the child would have already been born and that would be the only 'potential' reason for a valid appeal as it would have been material if left out on the original PR application, but it seems pretty obvious that that was not the case.
This is great SMS. The point about marriages of convenience is especially true, the government is incredibly cynical so you need to be very mindful of how things look from their POV.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 22 Apr 2022 7:38 pm

HopefulThings wrote:
Tue, 19 Apr 2022 1:22 pm

Would be best to wait till at least 2 years after marriage - SMS has given the reasons why. Don’t take this rejection to heart, just wait and then reapply.

e.lim

Post by e.lim » Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:36 pm

Hi all,
Please give me feedback or advice regarding my PR application chance,
below are the details,

Nationality : Indonesian
Race : Chinese
Marital Status : Married (will include my wife in the application)
Job : Urban Planner/Designer
Salary : $65k/year
Tax : 2 years, on to 3rd now
Education : Master degree from NUS (2016)
Residency in SG : almost 3 years in SG (from late 2019). in total will be 4 years if my master period is included.
Current Pass : Under EP

thank you!