Singapore Expats

PR approval chances 2022

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chances 2022

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:18 pm

e.lim wrote:
Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:36 pm
Hi all,
Please give me feedback or advice regarding my PR application chance,
below are the details,

Nationality : Indonesian
Race : Chinese
Marital Status : Married (will include my wife in the application)
Job : Urban Planner/Designer
Salary : $65k/year
Tax : 2 years, on to 3rd now
Education : Master degree from NUS (2016)
Residency in SG : almost 3 years in SG (from late 2019). in total will be 4 years if my master period is included.
Current Pass : Under EP

thank you!
Improve salary and then apply after 2 yrs

e.lim

Post by e.lim » Tue, 26 Apr 2022 12:08 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:18 pm
e.lim wrote:
Sun, 24 Apr 2022 11:36 pm
Hi all,
Please give me feedback or advice regarding my PR application chance,
below are the details,

Nationality : Indonesian
Race : Chinese
Marital Status : Married (will include my wife in the application)
Job : Urban Planner/Designer
Salary : $65k/year
Tax : 2 years, on to 3rd now
Education : Master degree from NUS (2016)
Residency in SG : almost 3 years in SG (from late 2019). in total will be 4 years if my master period is included.
Current Pass : Under EP

thank you!
Improve salary and then apply after 2 yrs
I see. Thankss

anon567

Post by anon567 » Mon, 04 Jul 2022 4:59 pm

Hi all,

Firstly, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread. I applied for PR once (~Sep 2020) but got rejected (~March 2021), and I'm thinking of applying again. Not sure if I should yet since the rejection was fairly recent and the main change since the last application is a salary increase/job change in Aug 2021 + just the passage of time (an additional tax assessment, longer residence).

Nationality: Canadian (but I don't have a home address there, my immediate family is in India)
Race: Indian
Marital Status: Single
Pass: EP holder since September 2019

Education: B.Eng from NUS + M.Sc (also STEM) from NUS
Length of Stay in SG: 2011-2016 for undergrad and again from July 2018-now (so about 9 years overall, but not sure if it's seen together that way)
Annual Salary: ~$85K base (the last time I applied I had only about 1 year of experience and ~$54K base annual salary)
Relevant Work Experience: ~3 years (tax assessed in 2020, 2021, and 2022 which is processing).

Other info which might be relevant: I'm just about to complete my MOE Tuition Grant bond obligation (3 years). My B.Eng batchmates with similar profiles have been granted PR in the past on their first application, within 1-2 years of working after their first degrees. The main difference I see is my citizenship (not Indian, though Indian by race), and the gap between 2016 and 2018 when I was living in India. Is this considered a 'reset', and therefore my residency will only be accounted as 3-4 years?

What do you think would be my chances if I were to apply now?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 04 Jul 2022 5:25 pm

anon567 wrote:
Mon, 04 Jul 2022 4:59 pm
Hi all,

Firstly, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread. I applied for PR once (~Sep 2020) but got rejected (~March 2021), and I'm thinking of applying again. Not sure if I should yet since the rejection was fairly recent and the main change since the last application is a salary increase/job change in Aug 2021 + just the passage of time (an additional tax assessment, longer residence).

Nationality: Canadian (but I don't have a home address there, my immediate family is in India)
Race: Indian
Marital Status: Single
Pass: EP holder since September 2019

Education: B.Eng from NUS + M.Sc (also STEM) from NUS
Length of Stay in SG: 2011-2016 for undergrad and again from July 2018-now (so about 9 years overall, but not sure if it's seen together that way)
Annual Salary: ~$85K base (the last time I applied I had only about 1 year of experience and ~$54K base annual salary)
Relevant Work Experience: ~3 years (tax assessed in 2020, 2021, and 2022 which is processing).

Other info which might be relevant: I'm just about to complete my MOE Tuition Grant bond obligation (3 years). My B.Eng batchmates with similar profiles have been granted PR in the past on their first application, within 1-2 years of working after their first degrees. The main difference I see is my citizenship (not Indian, though Indian by race), and the gap between 2016 and 2018 when I was living in India. Is this considered a 'reset', and therefore my residency will only be accounted as 3-4 years?

What do you think would be my chances if I were to apply now?
The gap is surely considered a reset and will be seen negatively that you once left SG.

I would suggest apply 2 years after rejection, by then you would have stayed longer in SG.

anon567

Post by anon567 » Mon, 04 Jul 2022 5:35 pm

Thanks for your input :)

rockstargirl

Post by rockstargirl » Wed, 03 Aug 2022 9:48 pm

HopefulThings wrote:
Tue, 19 Apr 2022 1:22 pm
Nationality: Indian, EP
Marital status: Married (2+ years)
Salary: 200K+ base + equity / bonus
Industry: Team lead at a top US tech company
Experience: 10+ years
Education: BE from top Indian university, Ivy League MBA
Stay in Singapore: Total 4 years, first stint of 2 years before MBA and currently 2 years in SG post MBA
Visa: EP

My spouse: Indian SPR, studied bachelors in a top local uni on scholarship + Ivy League MBA, stay in Singapore 9+ years (excluding gap for MBA)
Salary: $200K+ base + bonus in Financial Services

We had our ROM in Singapore and applied for my PR under spouse scheme 1 year after marriage. Rejected after 15 months. We’ve since bought an appartment (closing in June) and are considering re appealing post transaction completion (we’ll be moving in and staying there as well). The other option we’re considering is for me to apply through the PTS. Any recommendation from the experts here on how best to approach this?
Just curious given your education and experience: Did you manage to work a full time job along with Ivy-league MBA? Also what was the reason of not applying for job at a place where you got postgrad from?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Aug 2022 1:19 am

HopefulThings wrote:
Tue, 19 Apr 2022 1:22 pm
We’ve since bought an appartment (closing in June) and are considering re appealing post transaction completion (we’ll be moving in and staying there as well). The other option we’re considering is for me to apply through the PTS. Any recommendation from the experts here on how best to approach this?
Wait two years from the rejection and then make a fresh application. You cannot appeal an application based on information that wasn't a fact at the date of the application. ICA will just reject the appeal. Appeals, if accepted at all has to be only for omission of relevant facts that happened before the application was submitted. Save $100 and go to dinner.

2 years after the date of the rejection, providing your salary or family size has increased, you should then reapply with a new application. However, if the only change in the application is a COLA increment and/or the purchase of a property, don't bother. Property Purchase is a personal investment but is NOT considered an investment in the country so will be disregarded. It is always preferable to apply under the FT scheme. Applying via PTS will have only your employment as an assessment factor. Applying under FT will have anchor spouse AND they will also take into consideration your employment.

The reason, I believe, for your rejection was you short duration of marriage (e.g. one year only makes it look like a desperation application and a marriage of convenience). Add to that you only have 2 years employment here at the time of your first application (all the years before your gap are reset to zero unless you did you MBA from Singapore itself and not overseas.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

korosensei
Regular
Regular

Post by korosensei » Thu, 04 Aug 2022 5:14 am

Hi just want to ask for advise. If either apply under family ties sponsorship under my husband or under myself application including my newborn baby.

My details are as follows:
Race: Filipino
Length of Stay in SG: 8yrs
Work: Asst. Engr in Stat Board working in the same company since been here
Annual Salary: 55k including bonus
Pass: SPass
Giving birth this year to a baby girl.

Spouse details:
Race: Malaysian Chinese
Length of stay in SG: 2yrs
Work: Senior Engr
Annual Salary: 76k
Currently applying for citizenship.

Im thinking of applying PR after I give birth so that I can tag along my newborn daughter with me because I want her to be with us. But my husband say he will tag along our newborn baby with his application for citizenship. Do you think which one will have a higher chance for our newborn baby to stay here longer and a higher chance of getting approved.

Thanks in advance for the advise.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Aug 2022 6:45 pm

If you try to apply using the PTS scheme you will likely get rejected, even if you have the baby tagged on your application. You will probably be rejected based on quota issues at the very least. You need to apply under the Family Ties scheme with the husband acting as the sponsor. That way you have an anchor sponsor and employment data to help to support. Applying for PTS when married to a PR/SGC sends the wrong signals to ICA.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

cege

Post by cege » Mon, 08 Aug 2022 3:06 pm

Hi all,

I would like to ask for my PR chance. Thank you in advance!

Nationality: Indonesian
Race: Chinese
Marital status: Single
Education: Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting and Finance (Curtin University in Singapore)
Length of stay in SG: 10 years
Pass type: SP
Salary: ~ S$108k/year (last assessment)
Work experience: 8 years

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 08 Aug 2022 5:51 pm

cege wrote:
Mon, 08 Aug 2022 3:06 pm
Hi all,

I would like to ask for my PR chance. Thank you in advance!

Nationality: Indonesian
Race: Chinese
Marital status: Single
Education: Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting and Finance (Curtin University in Singapore)
Length of stay in SG: 10 years
Pass type: SP
Salary: ~ S$108k/year (last assessment)
Work experience: 8 years
Have a try, if rejected, upgrade to EP and try again. You will get it

Justgotfired

Post by Justgotfired » Thu, 11 Aug 2022 6:26 pm

Hi all, have the following scenario that I would like to get some advice on:

I have a PR application pending. I just got fired. I am thinking of applying for PEP so I can stay here to look for another job. What happens to my PR application while I am on PEP without a job? Can the ICA approve my PR during this time? Thank you!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 11 Aug 2022 11:26 pm

Justgotfired wrote:
Thu, 11 Aug 2022 6:26 pm

I have a PR application pending. I just got fired. I am thinking of applying for PEP so I can stay here to look for another job. What happens to my PR application while I am on PEP without a job? Can the ICA approve my PR during this time? Thank you!
If you are without an ep or pep even for a short period, your application would get cancelled.

Justgotfired

Post by Justgotfired » Fri, 12 Aug 2022 8:36 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 11 Aug 2022 11:26 pm
Justgotfired wrote:
Thu, 11 Aug 2022 6:26 pm

If you are without an ep or pep even for a short period, your application would get cancelled.
What about if I am on PEP but without a job? I believe I am able to be unemployed for 6 months on PEP. Thank you!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Aug 2022 11:20 am

You have to get a PEP while employed. All cards are off the table if you are unemployed. If you subsequently become unemployed AFTER gaining the PEP, then you have up to six months available, however, let's say you lose your job on 1 Jan and don't find a job until 1 July. You will need to earn a minimum of 24K a month in order to fulfill the 144K/pa that is required for the PEP for that tax year.

Oh, and if you become unemployed while your PR is still not decided, you have to inform ICA of that fact. If you don't then you will stuff up future applications as well as one who cannot follow instructions so don't forget.