Singapore Expats

PR - Spouse Scheme (8 months and waiting)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
1Dec_bear

PR - Spouse Scheme (8 months and waiting)

Post by 1Dec_bear » Sun, 27 Mar 2022 3:32 pm

I honestly think that I may have higher chance to apply PR for my husband but at the same time due to my previous criminal record would it affect my husband heavily?

Singapore citizen
Female
Job scope: waitress
Salary: 30,000 (during application)
Current salary: 36,000
Education: ITE
Police records: not clean. Served 1 week jail

Japanese citizen
Male
Job scope: chef
Originally held: EP
Currently: long term visit pass (2nd time)
salary: 58,500 (during application)
Current salary: 72,000
Education: high school graduate
Records: clean both SG & japan

Married since December 2019
Came to Singapore (EP) may 2019 - Dec 2019
Left in Dec 2019 - June 2020 due to COVID
Came back July 2020 (STVP > EP > LTVP)

No kids

Sbk
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Re: PR - Spouse Scheme (8 months and waiting)

Post by Sbk » Sun, 27 Mar 2022 5:22 pm

I don’t think that will affect the outcome, ICA just want to see good behaviour, so assuming you have been on good behaviour since it shouldn’t really matter but u never know.

The main factors that will most likely affect the outcome would be marriage is less than 3 years, no kids.
But overall you still have a shot since you are both young.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Sun, 27 Mar 2022 5:54 pm

You did not mention your race. The negatives I see is salary is on the low side and you applied for PR perhaps slightly too early into your marriage.

1Dec_bear

Post by 1Dec_bear » Tue, 29 Mar 2022 10:12 am

MOCHS wrote:
Sun, 27 Mar 2022 5:54 pm
You did not mention your race. The negatives I see is salary is on the low side and you applied for PR perhaps slightly too early into your marriage.
I am Chinese if it matters (?)

Previously my landlord who is a Chinese and married a Malaysian Chinese said that I could apply 6 months after getting LTVP

A similar japanese- Chinese couple received their PR without even applying for LTVP. Only applied for PR and received it in less than 3 months

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 29 Mar 2022 12:39 pm

1Dec_bear wrote:
Tue, 29 Mar 2022 10:12 am
MOCHS wrote:
Sun, 27 Mar 2022 5:54 pm

Previously my landlord who is a Chinese and married a Malaysian Chinese said that I could apply 6 months after getting LTVP

A similar japanese- Chinese couple received their PR without even applying for LTVP. Only applied for PR and received it in less than 3 months
If the couple are chinese it is easy.
Your case is different and you as a sponsor have a small negative record. I feel will eventually he will get it. But if you ask me if you will get it this time, 50-50.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 29 Mar 2022 1:14 pm

1Dec_bear wrote:
Tue, 29 Mar 2022 10:12 am

All applications are different and subject to approval on case by case basis. Just because one Japanese-Chinese SC couple got approved for PR does not mean your spouse will be approved as well. ICA looks at many factors…

It is well known Malaysian Chinese have a slightly easier time getting PR approved and quite a number are married to local SCs.

However, this causes many Singaporeans who are not married to foreigners to have a misconception that married to SC = confirm can get PR within months which is not true at all. No disrespect to your landlord but unless he is an ICA officer, I’ll take his words with a grain of salt.

I agree with singaporeflyer that chances are 50-50. If rejected first time, you can try to upskill and improve salary for next time.

1Dec_bear

Post by 1Dec_bear » Wed, 06 Jul 2022 5:43 pm

Sadly after 13 months his PR application has been rejected.

I highly suspect it's due to my salary as I have 3 surgeries during the past year and my salary had been rather unstable

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 06 Jul 2022 7:09 pm

You can re-apply after 2 years and improve your salary and have a stable job in the mean time. Does not hurt to do a part-time diploma also.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 06 Jul 2022 7:22 pm

1Dec_bear wrote:
Wed, 06 Jul 2022 5:43 pm
Sadly after 13 months his PR application has been rejected.

I highly suspect it's due to my salary as I have 3 surgeries during the past year and my salary had been rather unstable
Stabilise your job/salary and reapply after 1 year from date of rejection.