Singapore Expats

Citizenship approval chances?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
claireneet
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 1:43 pm

Citizenship approval chances?

Post by claireneet » Sun, 27 Mar 2022 1:51 pm

Hello! Its a very anxiety inducing period of time for me as I am 15 months deep into my citizenship results waiting and I am not exactly sure what will be happening. Using some input from this forum could probably sort me out! Heres my profile:

Age: 24 years
Race: Indian
Born and raised in Singapore. Did my University degree in Medical Microbiology in the UK. Graduated in 2021.
Job(s): Worked in healthcare for a short while from October 2021-Feburary 2022. I have currently switched to Academic Research in NUS (Biology). Its an internship under SGunited that will switch to a fulltime job after 6 months.
Application date: 31 December 2020.

I recently spoke to my MP and she has sent an email to ICA in support of my application. I would like to think that this will massively help with my application and would work in my favour. Any input would be great :)

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Citizenship approval chances?

Post by mystic_river » Sun, 27 Mar 2022 2:34 pm

Are you a male or female?
If male, did you do NS?
When did you become a PR?

claireneet
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 1:43 pm

Re: Citizenship approval chances?

Post by claireneet » Sun, 27 Mar 2022 3:16 pm

mystic_river wrote:
Sun, 27 Mar 2022 2:34 pm
Are you a male or female?
If male, did you do NS?
When did you become a PR?
I am a female.

I got my PR together with my parents in 2003.

Axeman11
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 2:41 pm

Re: Citizenship approval chances?

Post by Axeman11 » Thu, 21 Apr 2022 11:22 am

Hi, is the letter from MP effective? Have you gotten your approval?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4299
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: Citizenship approval chances?

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 21 Apr 2022 11:50 am

Axeman11 wrote:
Thu, 21 Apr 2022 11:22 am
Hi, is the letter from MP effective? Have you gotten your approval?
If the reason is really valid, even if you yourself submit the same reason to ICA, they will consider it.
MP letter does not mean approval always. MP will just write to ICA on your behalf.

Axeman11
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 2:41 pm

Re: Citizenship approval chances?

Post by Axeman11 » Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:14 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 21 Apr 2022 11:50 am
Axeman11 wrote:
Thu, 21 Apr 2022 11:22 am
Hi, is the letter from MP effective? Have you gotten your approval?
If the reason is really valid, even if you yourself submit the same reason to ICA, they will consider it.
MP letter does not mean approval always. MP will just write to ICA on your behalf.
Thanks, Singaporeflyer. I have been waiting for more than 13 months, do you suggest emailing ICA to follow up or continued waiting? Can buying house before getting ready for kid a valid reason for application expedition?

I'm just worried that I will just get a standard reply and might risk annoying the officer.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4299
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: Citizenship approval chances?

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:27 pm

Axeman11 wrote:
Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:14 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 21 Apr 2022 11:50 am
Axeman11 wrote:
Thu, 21 Apr 2022 11:22 am
Hi, is the letter from MP effective? Have you gotten your approval?
If the reason is really valid, even if you yourself submit the same reason to ICA, they will consider it.
MP letter does not mean approval always. MP will just write to ICA on your behalf.
Thanks, Singaporeflyer. I have been waiting for more than 13 months, do you suggest emailing ICA to follow up or continued waiting? Can buying house before getting ready for kid a valid reason for application expedition?

I'm just worried that I will just get a standard reply and might risk annoying the officer.
SC takes 12-24 months. Buying house is surely not a valid reason to expedite.

Axeman11
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 2:41 pm

Re: Citizenship approval chances?

Post by Axeman11 » Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:36 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:27 pm
Axeman11 wrote:
Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:14 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 21 Apr 2022 11:50 am


If the reason is really valid, even if you yourself submit the same reason to ICA, they will consider it.
MP letter does not mean approval always. MP will just write to ICA on your behalf.
Thanks, Singaporeflyer. I have been waiting for more than 13 months, do you suggest emailing ICA to follow up or continued waiting? Can buying house before getting ready for kid a valid reason for application expedition?

I'm just worried that I will just get a standard reply and might risk annoying the officer.
SC takes 12-24 months. Buying house is surely not a valid reason to expedite.
Thanks, i guess i need more patience then.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests