Singapore Expats

LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
phokia88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 10:23 pm

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by phokia88 » Wed, 06 Apr 2022 8:51 am

Alright. Thank you very much. Will wait 2 weeks before expire to do that.

Sbk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 6:39 pm
Answers: 1

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by Sbk » Wed, 06 Apr 2022 12:00 pm

Finally, my LTVP renewal is approved-in-principal(pending documents) they just ask for the terms and condition only.
Just submitted it, hopefully it gets approved asap so that I can try and book an appointment ASAP.
Will update here.

Kentonite
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 9:28 am

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by Kentonite » Sat, 09 Apr 2022 11:34 am

Sbk wrote:
Wed, 06 Apr 2022 12:00 pm
Finally, my LTVP renewal is approved-in-principal(pending documents) they just ask for the terms and condition only.
Just submitted it, hopefully it gets approved asap so that I can try and book an appointment ASAP.
Will update here.
@Sbk duddeeeeeee! Finally! this is great man!

Sbk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 6:39 pm
Answers: 1

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by Sbk » Thu, 14 Apr 2022 4:28 pm

I promise to give and update.
So here it goes.
6th April, approved in principle (Pending documents). Did not receive the usual email, just happen to check online, immediately submitted the only document that was requested(terms & condition).
7th April, Midnight, received the email notification approved in principle(documents received).
14th April, checked in the morning, approved in principle(documents received).
Since my pass is expiring on 16th April 22 and tomorrow 15th is a public holiday, decided to head over to ICA.
14th April, arrived at 7:55am, met a long queue that I have never seen before mostly passport collection.
Reached the visitor pass counter at level 4 and the aunty gave us a form to fill up, the first form was stating that you are surrendering your LTVP and the reason: Another pass is approved.
After filling up the forms, came back and got a queue number which surprisingly even though` there were at least 100+ people at level 4, we were the next on the queue.
in less than 5 mins, our number was called and the officer took my passport, LTVP card, spouse pink IC and documents, verified our identity by asking us to remove mask and then asked us to wait.
within the next 5 mins, she called us, punch a whole in my LTVP card and pass me back a short term visit pass extension valid till 14 June 2022.
At that point, I informed the officer that I am currently working and since my card is cancelled so is my LOC thus can ICA issue me a temporary LOC in the meantime so that i can continue working before the LTVP is finally approved.
The officer said "as I am now on short term visit pass, I am not allowed to work. Sighhh.
In a nutshell, we were in and out of ICA in 20 mins despite the long queue we saw outside.

Came back home sad and thinking of how to apply leave at least till the end of this month.
But something miraculous happened.
Decided to check my LTVP status online.
Boom, LTVP approved (pending payment), immediately made payment of $90 and book appointment, unfortunately the earliest was 10 May 22.
I kept logging into the e-appointment system every 30 mins in hope for a better slot( I did this last year and I got a slot barely 2 days later.) but the earliest was still 10th.
And yet again another miracle happened. I was just checking if I am still able to logging to my sing pass which I was still able to, then logged in to ICA with my sing pass.
On the ICA dashboard, it shows a notification "Long Term Visit Pass" unable to resolve with todays date.
Out of curiosity I clicked on the unable to resolve text as it was highlighted, then it said something about arriving 15 mins earlier to my appointment, and then ask if I want to change my appointment.
I click yes and boom, there was a slot for 18th April and 19th April available, without hesitation I booked the 18th April 10:15am. Thank goodness I don't have to take 10 days or more of AL, it would have been a waste.
Will see if I will be given LTVP+ since we tick all the boxes already, marriage > 3 years, an SG child, Spouse working continuously, good record. etc.

jancoex
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 6:20 pm

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by jancoex » Thu, 14 Apr 2022 4:48 pm

Good insight. Thanks for sharing this Sbk

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4284
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 15 Apr 2022 12:12 am

Sbk wrote:
Thu, 14 Apr 2022 4:28 pm
I promise to give and update.
So here it goes.
6th April, approved in principle (Pending documents). Did not receive the usual email, just happen to check online, immediately submitted the only document that was requested(terms & condition).
7th April, Midnight, received the email notification approved in principle(documents received).
14th April, checked in the morning, approved in principle(documents received).
Since my pass is expiring on 16th April 22 and tomorrow 15th is a public holiday, decided to head over to ICA.
14th April, arrived at 7:55am, met a long queue that I have never seen before mostly passport collection.
Reached the visitor pass counter at level 4 and the aunty gave us a form to fill up, the first form was stating that you are surrendering your LTVP and the reason: Another pass is approved.
After filling up the forms, came back and got a queue number which surprisingly even though` there were at least 100+ people at level 4, we were the next on the queue.
in less than 5 mins, our number was called and the officer took my passport, LTVP card, spouse pink IC and documents, verified our identity by asking us to remove mask and then asked us to wait.
within the next 5 mins, she called us, punch a whole in my LTVP card and pass me back a short term visit pass extension valid till 14 June 2022.
At that point, I informed the officer that I am currently working and since my card is cancelled so is my LOC thus can ICA issue me a temporary LOC in the meantime so that i can continue working before the LTVP is finally approved.
The officer said "as I am now on short term visit pass, I am not allowed to work. Sighhh.
In a nutshell, we were in and out of ICA in 20 mins despite the long queue we saw outside.

Came back home sad and thinking of how to apply leave at least till the end of this month.
But something miraculous happened.
Decided to check my LTVP status online.
Boom, LTVP approved (pending payment), immediately made payment of $90 and book appointment, unfortunately the earliest was 10 May 22.
I kept logging into the e-appointment system every 30 mins in hope for a better slot( I did this last year and I got a slot barely 2 days later.) but the earliest was still 10th.
And yet again another miracle happened. I was just checking if I am still able to logging to my sing pass which I was still able to, then logged in to ICA with my sing pass.
On the ICA dashboard, it shows a notification "Long Term Visit Pass" unable to resolve with todays date.
Out of curiosity I clicked on the unable to resolve text as it was highlighted, then it said something about arriving 15 mins earlier to my appointment, and then ask if I want to change my appointment.
I click yes and boom, there was a slot for 18th April and 19th April available, without hesitation I booked the 18th April 10:15am. Thank goodness I don't have to take 10 days or more of AL, it would have been a waste.
Will see if I will be given LTVP+ since we tick all the boxes already, marriage > 3 years, an SG child, Spouse working continuously, good record. etc.
Why not PR?

Sbk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 6:39 pm
Answers: 1

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by Sbk » Fri, 15 Apr 2022 8:38 am

@singaporeflyer, planning to Apply next month as we are expecting another child in October 22, just preparing all the necessary documents including integrated shield plan insurance paid using my wife’s CPF as I heard from several other sources that ICA does favour those with a strong insurance cover as that signals ur intent to stay here permanently. Am also gathering my family CV and putting it aside just incase they ask for it, I wanted to just include the cv during the initial submission itself without them even asking for it, but not sure if that is a good idea! What do you think?

Here is my profile to make evaluation easier😅

Me (main applicant)
Age : 31
Race : African
Stay Duration in SG: 2+ years
Marriage Duration 3 years
Education : Masters of Science in Software Engineering from a reputable uni in the UK
Current Field of Work : Senior Application Specialist
Salary : Gross 73,500+
IRAS, only this year’s return, started working in SG only last year Aug as was working for an MNC in Malaysia remotely.
Company: One of the best BioTechnology MNC company in the world serving science
Pass : LTVP

Spouse:
Age: 33
Race : Singaporean Malay
Education : Bachelor Honours from NTU
Current Field of Work : biomedical research
Salary : Gross 50k+
Company: Top 2 local university,
Role: Scientific officer

We have a 12 month old Singaporean child and also expecting another child in Oct.
We own a resale HDB flat bought last year shortly after welcoming our child to enjoy more grant 😁

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 888
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 8:43 pm
Answers: 2

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by MOCHS » Fri, 15 Apr 2022 10:41 am

If they never ask for CV in the PR application, do not put it in. ICA will think you do not understand simple instructions and reject you.

You have a very interesting profile, gonna list the negatives first:

- Your race & nationality (there is a racial quota and you will be falling under “Others” which has a lot of applicants)

- Your wife isn’t from the majority race

- Your wife’s salary might be considered low but there are plenty of Singaporeans who sponsor their foreigner spouses with a lower salary

Positives:
- Duration of marriage has been long enough

- Singaporean children

- Housing

Neutral:
- The biomedical science industry can be easily filled by qualified locals and it really isn’t a “niche” industry, IMO. I am also from BMS industry too. I know there are more locals than foreigners ‘cos I have foreigner research fellow friends that wanna transition to sales & industry instead of staying academia but the companies say they don’t have enough quota for foreigners.

But then again, BMS is linked to medical devices/drugs/vaccines which is useful to the society so that’s why I am neutral about this.

Maybe 50-50 chance? Perhaps apply after your second child is born.

Sbk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 6:39 pm
Answers: 1

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by Sbk » Fri, 15 Apr 2022 12:11 pm

@MOHS,
Thanks for the input, will definitely refrain from adding documents that have not been asked, but what about the insurance, I have seen a couple for people’s post about adding their insurance info into the application,? Do u think it’s worth it?

As for the biomedical science field, I agree, a lot of my colleagues are Singaporeans as well, but since I am handling the IT side of the medical instrument, I.e currently supporting a 24hour automated covid 19 pcr testing solution which we can all agree is useful to society.

And lastly for applying after our 2nd kid, I was thinking of applying in May since 5 months later into the application ie. October, our child will be born, at that time I can then email ICA about the addition and supply the birth cert since there is a high chance they will not have made a decision by the 5th month mark.

And to be honest, I am not in a rush to apply either, want to have all my savings in hand before starting to put 20% into CPF if given PR, but my misses wants us to apply as soon as possible 😅 as it will make put her at ease considering we are going on 2 kids now.

Anyway, we have another month to come to a decision, will see if I am given LTVP + with 3 years or at least LTVP with 2 years on Monday, if am given LtVp+ I will wait and apply after our child, but if I am given 1 year, will apply now and get the rejection anyway and try again after renewing the LTVP in the future.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 888
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 8:43 pm
Answers: 2

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by MOCHS » Fri, 15 Apr 2022 12:34 pm

Again, if PR application doesn’t request for insurance information then do not put in unnecessary documents. From what the senior members of this forum have said, insurance has no bearing on PR application.

Just wait for LTVP to be renewed, wait for second child to be born, then apply for PR lah. I feel one-shot submit what you already have is better than continuously updating an on-going application.

Sbk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 6:39 pm
Answers: 1

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by Sbk » Wed, 20 Apr 2022 9:44 am

Just an update:
I was given LTVP+ With 3 year validity. yayyy finally hehe.
MOM sent me an email containing a letter the next morning saying to ask my employer to apply for the LOC and didn’t give me pre-loc.
also, ICA did not give me a temporary LOC as the previous LOC was cancelled the moment the LTVP was cancelled, so I am currently taking a break from work whilst waiting for MoM to approve the LOC that my accompany applied 2 days ago.

@MOCHS, thanks for the advise, won’t be adding any non required docs. honestly I don’t mind waiting either, like I said earlier,I prefer not to start depositing money into CPF yet which is unavoidable once I get PR. But my missus is on my neck which I can understand with a second child on the way, she feels it’s time. And to add more pressure, we got a visit by our area’s MP this week and he learnt I was still on LTVP, and the first thing he asked was why haven’t we applied for PR😂, and of course we told him fear of rejection as ICA might consider it to be too early, and the next thing he said is go ahead and apply, right now the government wants people that are boosting the population so considering my wife is pregnant while our daughter is just 12 months old shows ICA just that and also my work is a good addition considering the field. He also ask to look for him for assistance if we need it and took both our mobile numbers and provided his. Now I can’t run away from applying😂. We will just apply so that my missus has a piece of mind, but of course I have no expectations whatsoever as I have seen enough rejections in this forum to get ready for one lol.
If it is rejected, we will only apply next year after our baby comes, and after filling my 2nd income tax or 6 month after the rejection whatever the case is.

Thanks all, and hope those waiting for their LTVP renewal get it sooner to avoid having to stop working temporarily which sucks.

Kentonite
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 9:28 am

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by Kentonite » Tue, 07 Jun 2022 12:22 pm

Hey all, wanted to give an update on the status as well.

Like @Sbk, the waiting was insanely long.

After more than 3 months of waiting, checked my SingPass and saw the status changed from receiving attention to "in principal approval (pending documents").

Got my wife to quickly do the necessary medical check up and get the report and then subsequently uploaded the documents that they requested for.

In a moment of folly, I accidentally put the application ID as the reference number instead in one of the forms for submission and submitted it already without the ability to amend. Hopefully this doesn't cause that much of a delay.

Shall update you guys on the process that follows thereafter and hopefull like @Sbk, it will be a full LTVP approval with PLOC!

ftealim
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 7:25 pm

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by ftealim » Fri, 10 Jun 2022 8:13 pm

Sbk wrote:
Fri, 15 Apr 2022 8:38 am
@singaporeflyer, planning to Apply next month as we are expecting another child in October 22, just preparing all the necessary documents including integrated shield plan insurance paid using my wife’s CPF as I heard from several other sources that ICA does favour those with a strong insurance cover as that signals ur intent to stay here permanently. Am also gathering my family CV and putting it aside just incase they ask for it, I wanted to just include the cv during the initial submission itself without them even asking for it, but not sure if that is a good idea! What do you think?

Here is my profile to make evaluation easier😅

Me (main applicant)
Age : 31
Race : African
Stay Duration in SG: 2+ years
Marriage Duration 3 years
Education : Masters of Science in Software Engineering from a reputable uni in the UK
Current Field of Work : Senior Application Specialist
Salary : Gross 73,500+
IRAS, only this year’s return, started working in SG only last year Aug as was working for an MNC in Malaysia remotely.
Company: One of the best BioTechnology MNC company in the world serving science
Pass : LTVP

Spouse:
Age: 33
Race : Singaporean Malay
Education : Bachelor Honours from NTU
Current Field of Work : biomedical research
Salary : Gross 50k+
Company: Top 2 local university,
Role: Scientific officer

We have a 12 month old Singaporean child and also expecting another child in Oct.
We own a resale HDB flat bought last year shortly after welcoming our child to enjoy more grant 😁
Hi Sbk,

Saw u mentioned that u guys bought a resale flat, congrats! :)

I am also in the midst of my resale flat journey - may I understand at the point of ur resale application did HDB require you guys' to produce the physical LTVP card? This is because my husband is currently overseas and we have a deadline to exercise the OTP for our flat, we are not sure if the online approval of LTVP in the system would suffice for HDB to process our resale application, and we do not hope that our application is rejected because we do not have a physical LTVP card! If the physical card is required, I might have to fly my husband in just to complete the formalities with ICA :???: ](*,)

Hope you could share your experience! Thanks!

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 888
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 8:43 pm
Answers: 2

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by MOCHS » Sat, 11 Jun 2022 6:48 am

^ At some part of the HDB application, your husband needs to login to SingPass. In order to have a SingPass, he needs to have a FIN number which is on the LTVP.

And both of you need to be physically present in order to get the LTVP. It is a long term visit pass so your spouse can stay long term in SG. Why apply for LTVP if your spouse has no intention to stay in SG?

Sleight
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 10:12 pm

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by Sleight » Mon, 27 Jun 2022 10:30 pm

My husband is Pr, I am Filipino. We’ve been applying for LTVP since 2yrs ago, 13x of rejection we have received. Now our marriage is going to 3yrs alrd on October. We tried to apply new and fresh LTVP application but then after 2 months of waiting, they still rejected our application 😭 can someone advise anything?
We are so hopeless now 😩

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests