Singapore Expats

LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Sleight

Re: LTVP Still Receiving Attention - 3 Weeks

Post by Sleight » Mon, 27 Jun 2022 10:53 pm

We’ve been applying since 2019 but always got rejection for LTVP application. My husband is Filipino Pr and I am on my STVP always

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 28 Jun 2022 7:57 am

Sleight wrote:
Mon, 27 Jun 2022 10:30 pm
My husband is Pr, I am Filipino. We’ve been applying for LTVP since 2yrs ago, 13x of rejection we have received. Now our marriage is going to 3yrs alrd on October. We tried to apply new and fresh LTVP application but then after 2 months of waiting, they still rejected our application 😭 can someone advise anything?
We are so hopeless now 😩
You’re missing out a lot of information.

Both of your ages, husband’s nationality & race, husband’s salary, any criminal records from both sides, have you worked in SG on a work permit before the marriage?

If you had a work permit, did you apply for permission to marry? If you did not get permission, prepare a Plan B and move to another country altogether. That is the harsh truth. One of the forum admins, SMS, can tell you all about it.

Sbk
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by Sbk » Thu, 30 Jun 2022 10:00 am

Hi @ ftealim apologies for the late response, I was away. I already had my LTVP when we got our resale, but I can still remember when signing the required documents your spouse will be considered as an occupier and not an owner so in that case they cannot even sign the documents via their SingPass and are required to sign a physical copy at Hdb branch. Hope this is helpful.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Thu, 30 Jun 2022 12:10 pm

Sbk wrote:
Thu, 30 Jun 2022 10:00 am
I can still remember when signing the required documents your spouse will be considered as an occupier and not an owner so in that case they cannot even sign the documents via their SingPass and are required to sign a physical copy at Hdb branch. Hope this is helpful.
Oh, they changed the procedure? I remembered back in 2019, HDB mailed a letter to us, we signed, scanned & uploaded onto the HDB portal. Husband had to log into SingPass at one point when we were close to the end of the resale application.

Sbk
Regular
Regular

Post by Sbk » Fri, 01 Jul 2022 9:04 am

@MOCHS, you are absolutely right, I just remembered we started the purchase process with my passport number as i didn’t get my LTVP card at the time, so when I finally got my card, I couldn’t sign because my passport was in the resale application instead of my FIN. Apologies for the wrong info

cuma.Çelik

Post by cuma.Çelik » Wed, 27 Jul 2022 9:29 pm

Hey, My Ltvp has been 8 weeks and still not to be announced. How?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 28 Jul 2022 12:07 am

cuma.Çelik wrote:
Wed, 27 Jul 2022 9:29 pm
Hey, My Ltvp has been 8 weeks and still not to be announced. How?
Newly married ? Did you get the PMLA approved ?

veryluckyDL

Post by veryluckyDL » Thu, 27 Oct 2022 2:16 pm

Hi,I am singaporean and I have applied LVTP for my husband since June 01 and still receiving attention. They said LVTP will processing within 6 months. what if not processed up to 6 months? any one has such experience? Please share, thanks.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Oct 2022 3:33 pm

veryluckyDL wrote:
Thu, 27 Oct 2022 2:16 pm
Hi,I am singaporean and I have applied LVTP for my husband since June 01 and still receiving attention. They said LVTP will processing within 6 months. what if not processed up to 6 months? any one has such experience? Please share, thanks.
Did you do the PMLA before marriage? If not surely you may need to wait till 6 months. You will surely get the outcome by that time. ICA rarely goes beyond that time. But the outcome can be any? not guaranteed to be successful always unless you did the PMLA before and it succeeded.

veryluckyDL

Post by veryluckyDL » Wed, 02 Nov 2022 9:52 am

Thank you for the kind reply. No, we didn't do PMLA because we weren live at oversea when we got married. OK, I guess all we need to do is to keep review short visit pass, we did 4 times, and wait for the outcome. Thanks anyway.

Temitope

Post by Temitope » Mon, 13 Mar 2023 1:08 pm

I am an expatriate in Malaysia and my fiancee is a Singaporean.

We applied for PMLA- Pre Marriage Long Term Visit Pass but was rejected 2 years ago and no reason was given, we plan to apply for it again and we have also set our marriage to be in July 2023.

Please is there any advice we need to take note of, to avoid rejection again?

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Mon, 13 Mar 2023 4:11 pm

Temitope wrote:
Mon, 13 Mar 2023 1:08 pm
Please is there any advice we need to take note of, to avoid rejection again?
If you don’t share both your details like race, age, occupation, salary, criminal record, your nationality between 2 years ago and now, how do we know what advice to give?

GTR1307

Post by GTR1307 » Tue, 21 Mar 2023 5:38 pm

Sorry to TS for hijacking your thread but.

I would like to ask if anyone gotten their LTVP IPA recently after ICA announced that they will no longer issue physical LTP cards? I am interested in how is the process flow. Am I safe to say no longer needed to make e-Appointment to collect physical cards (Which in some cases, only have slots after 2-4weeks after receiving IPA?)

sliverchair13

Post by sliverchair13 » Thu, 23 Mar 2023 9:06 am

GTR1307 wrote:
Tue, 21 Mar 2023 5:38 pm
Sorry to TS for hijacking your thread but.

I would like to ask if anyone gotten their LTVP IPA recently after ICA announced that they will no longer issue physical LTP cards? I am interested in how is the process flow. Am I safe to say no longer needed to make e-Appointment to collect physical cards (Which in some cases, only have slots after 2-4weeks after receiving IPA?)
Read your IPA. It will say you still need to make an appearance. It's a transition period. After that, no need.